Monday Night Football Game Day Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Jeez. Enough about Schottenheimer. If the execution is there, then who knows how those plays end up. Did anyone NOT notice that he got the run game going and designed some nice plays to get receivers wide open? I know he could have run the ball in that goal-to-go situation, but Richardson was getting stuffed and Seattle was loading up the box. If Clemens wasn't pressured (due to a missed block), then I'll bet he hits Pettis in the corner of the endzone well before it's do or die time.

Or...just hear me out...don't go empty backfield on 4th down! You tip your hand to the oppenent. If I was a DB I now know I don't have to worry about coming up and making a stop in the event of a sweep or a pitch. Stupid ass call by a stupid ass coach. Coaching a game to pile up yards is nice. Coaching a game to pile up points is better.

And when you do pass it, you put the ball in noodle arms hands to throw to that half retarded receiver who didn't even look for the ball til it almost hits the ground!?

had

Rookie
And when you do pass it, you put the ball in noodle arms hands to throw to that half retarded receiver who didn't even look for the ball til it almost hits the ground!?

Dude, chill. Not cool.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Or...just hear me out...don't go empty backfield on 4th down! You tip your hand to the oppenent. If I was a DB I now know I don't have to worry about coming up and making a stop in the event of a sweep or a pitch. Stupid ass call by a stupid ass coach. Coaching a game to pile up yards is nice. Coaching a game to pile up points is better.

Or how about block long enough for Clemens to hit Quick in the corner of the endzone instead of having to rush the throw? See, it kinda works both ways. I'm not taking away from your desire to vent about Schottenheimer ... I'm just seeing it a different way. I saw lack of execution in key situations as the problem. And if that play is successful, then there's no problem. Since it wasn't, someone has to take the blame, and it's almost always the coordinator.

Do I think he's brilliant? Nope. But I thought it was a good game plan overall.

PhxRam

you sure sound like a fan

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Don't blame Schotty for 9 points and his loyalty to Clemens who put the Seahawks in good positions to score.. Nice logic

Sam is hurt, in a ideal world he never plays a down in regular season... Clemens is who I'm speaking of. If Sam was playing I still doubt we win this game. Well maybe wr squeek it out.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Or how about block long enough for Clemens to hit Quick in the corner of the endzone instead of having to rush the throw? See, it kinda works both ways. I'm not taking away from your desire to vent about Schottenheimer ... I'm just seeing it a different way. I saw lack of execution in key situations as the problem. And if that play is successful, then there's no problem. Since it wasn't, someone has to take the blame, and it's almost always the coordinator.

Do I think he's brilliant? Nope. But I thought it was a good game plan overall.
The problem with that is that Clemens hadn't been executing all game long...and on the rare occasion that he made a decent pass, our receivers dropped the pass...so you decide to rely on the weakest part of you team?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The problem with that is that Clemens hadn't been executing all game long...and on the rare occasion that he made a decent pass, our receivers dropped the pass...so you decide to rely on the weakest part of you team?
After Richardson just got stuffed and Stacy was gimpy?
Six of one, half dozen of another.

What if they run Richardson 5 times and he gets stuffed 5 times?
All of a sudden Schottenheimer is unimaginative.
I can't win this debate, so I'm opting out of it.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan

I would MUCH rather have seen that. In this situation you put the ball in your best players hands. He put it in his worst two.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Guess we'll have to wait and see how hurt Zac is but that had to weigh on the play calling

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Guess we'll have to wait and see how hurt Zac is but that had to weigh on the play calling

I agree; however, he should never have pulled Stacy to line him out wide. It literally told the defense we were passing the ball.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd say so. Getting mad when your team loses a winnable game because of a stupid play call is more fan like then "aww schucks...at least they tried hard"
Who's saying "aww shucks .. at least they tried hard"? He's talking about your gratuitous bashing of players and coaches ("Retarded").
Which, by the way, everyone here has accepted as a fair rule when they joined up.
I get that you're mad, but try to temper your vitriol if you don't mind.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Sorry but I have to agree with this part of what Hit is saying. I was saying the same exact thing.

I'm going to add that I think schotty's game plan was bad most of the game. I will have to rewatch this one. I had to manage my restaurant and couldn't pay close enough attention. Maybe I just happened in on the ridiculous play calls. I watched that entire last drive though and I'm more than pissed and just disgusted by the idea that we should get inside the five with the run and then put Clemens in a deep drop that resembled a screen. Only no receiver besides Pettis on the end line. Then you go empty backfield. We had 5 plays inside the five and instead of running off tackle or play action, we get cute and rely on a QB that had been off all game with only a few exceptions.

I remember coming in to watch a play where Givens misses the block and Tavon gets blown up - miraculously holding onto the ball. At first, I thought it was Given's fault for missing the block and it was to an extent. But I rewound that play and the freakin DB saw it coming before Givens could even get in position for the block. It was so obvious to Browner (IIRR) that all he had to do was side step Givens before he could make the block and he never even thought of respecting Givens as a receiver. He was on Austin before the ball. Microcosm.

I respect what some of you saw in that you feel Schotty's play calling was not the problem. I can't disagree more and I am really sick of watching an offensive strategy that is plain terrible.

I will say one thing. It really gave me a new found respect for Bradford. NO TEAM can succeed in BS's offense. I am about as sure of that as anything I have seen in football. Wonder why Sam checks down so often? Wonder why our receivers are the ONLY ones in the league that can't seem to get open? Do you really think it is mainly execution? Is it always the players fault when there IS a lack of execution? I don't buy it for one second. And yet Sam happens to put up decent numbers and doesn't get picked. We want to ignore the little gif of Sam wanting to throw down the playbook. I think that is just a glimpse into what he sees and thinks.

No way is the talent being directed by BS THIS BAD. NO WAY. Sorry. There is NO WAY! I'm ranting I know but this is me being calm after what I just watched.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

I gotta say, if you run DR up the gut five times then yeah, BS is unimaginative. If instead he runs DR off tackle as he did successfully on this drive with Seattle reeling, not only do we score but who the eff cares if someone is imaginative? You finally get a serious push from your O-line, and the ONE running play you use with FIVE plays from inside the five is DR up the gut? That to me is not only unimaginative but just plain bone headed.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You don't think the run defense on a 5 yard field is a bit more aggressive than on a 50 yard field?

fearsomefour

Legend
I will give Clemons some credit for effort....he may not have a great skill set but he was trying. Running for some first and willing to take hits. It will be interesting to see going forward how he performs and how much rope he is given. The approach used tonight can produce some wins. Titans next week. That is a winnable game. If it were up to me I would give Clemons at least one more week maybe more depending on what the other guys picked up. Although, Quinn was in NY with BS I believe....would also be interesting to see if he comes off the bench before Davis. I for one (excuse my optimism) would like to see Clemons reap some rewards for his effort. You knew it was gonna be one of those games when the D held Seattle to 38 yards of total O in the first half and yet we were behind. Great effort from the D. Heartbreak for the D again.
The real key this year is to continue to build toward next year. Lots of young guys that need to improve. Ever forward.

RamzFanz

Damnit
As long as they run DR up the middle when he could have easily scored with a well schemed edge run, I have no sympathy for schitty.

That was a great game. Rams lost because schitty can't call a winning play to save his life. No one in the backfield on 4th and goal to go against the best D in the NFL? Results as expected.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You don't think the run defense on a 5 yard field is a bit more aggressive than on a 50 yard field?
No more than the pass defense. And in a short field, you know the pressure will be coming.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
As long as they run DR up the middle when he could have easily scored with a well schemed edge run, I have no sympathy for schitty.

That was a great game. Rams lost because schitty can't call a winning play to save his life. No one in the backfield on 4th and goal to go against the best D in the NFL? Results as expected.

Really man?

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
The real problem was the formation. Going empty sets allows the defense to get the upper hand on that situation. Had they lined up more in a power look, they could have done ANYTHING ... but they showed their hand and it played right into Seattle's strengths.... pass coverage and QB pressure. I would have tried a run ... then play action roll out... or quick dump.

Also ... did you see where Clemons put the ball? ... right in the corner. Qick was supposed to run a corner fade.... but broke it off to an out.