MMQB - Oopsed when I merged. This is Den's Dysfunction thread.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Simply meeting the owners objective is the bottom line. Since we don't know what that is we can't quantify if that has been done or not.

As a fan I want to win as bad as the next person. I want every pick to be a stud 10 year contributor or diamond in the rough that no one saw coming. But I also know those things are unrealistic and I'm able to separate the two.
This is the NFL. Being able to craft a winning team in under five years with one of the biggest draft trade bounties in the history of the sport should not be considered unrealistic.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The QB that Fisher selected to be on the team? Shaun Hill was his guy, as was Nick Foles and now Case "woulda made the playoffs with him" Keenum
If QB is the Achilles heel of the team, and Fisher brought in his guys and they failed, he has to take the hit for that
No Bradford was his guy and then he got hurt again and Hill was the back up. Keenum was the place holder for Goff. Goff was not ready to start so Keenum got to play.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
No they really did not choose Foles, what they did choose was to dump Bradford because he would not restructure. I thought the Foles extension was ridiculous, FWIW.

They passed on those other players because they had Bradford.
So it's not their fault - they shouldn't be held accountable - because their personnel decisions backfired on them?

The Bradford for Foles trade was a failure by Fisher and Snead and should not be held as a reason to excuse Fisher's and Snead's inability to build and coach up a roster.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
By year 3 or 4.

I'm guessing you're prepared to give him 10-20 years after all the "factors" poor Jeff has had to face?

Who was the QB that was going to do that in year 3 or 4?

exactly. no one can come up with that QB answer. everyone creamed their pants when we got rid of Bradford and got foles now its fishers fault foles sucked. we have had no QB that could take us anywhere until now

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This is the NFL. Being able to craft a winning team in under five years with one of the biggest draft trade bounties in the history of the sport should not be considered unrealistic.
And if Bradford had stayed healthy I expect they would have been a playoff team for the last 3 years. But, shit happens and they had to come up with a new plan. Enter Goff

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
So it's not their fault - they shouldn't be held accountable - because their personnel decisions backfired on them?

The Bradford for Foles trade was a failure by Fisher and Snead and should not be held as a reason to excuse Fisher's and Snead's inability to build and coach up a roster.
How was it a failure? They dumped Bradford's contract which was a boat anchor and got a guy that they hoped would have a resurgence.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
exactly. no one can come up with that QB answer. everyone creamed their pants when we got rid of Bradford and got foles now its fishers fault foles sucked. we have had no QB that could take us anywhere until now
Fisher was supposed to be building a team that thrived on a heavy, powerful run game and a dominating defense, which should be able to be driven by a mediocre game manager QB. Much like Denver did last year. The QB situation should not be held up as an excuse for Jeff Fisher.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The QB that Fisher selected to be on the team? Shaun Hill was his guy, as was Nick Foles and now Case "woulda made the playoffs with him" Keenum
If QB is the Achilles heel of the team, and Fisher brought in his guys and they failed, he has to take the hit for that
Does he get credit for Goff if he turns out as good as everyone thinks he will?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
How was it a failure? They dumped Bradford's contract which was a boat anchor and got a guy that they hoped would have a resurgence.
It was a failure because they brought in Nick Foles to run their offense, and he was awful. Bradford's contract would have been up the next year anyways, and, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they actually gained anything using the cap savings.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Apparently you're not going to be convinced that Fisher deserves any backlash for the team's continued mediocrity, and I'm not going to be convinced he's accomplished anything that warrants his continued employment by the Rams. I propose we shake hands and move on with our lives.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
"complaints about the depth of the roster" - this is on Snead

"They’ll also question how hard the team is pushed" - this is on Fisher

Austin was an over-reach. He probably would have been there in the second round. Plus he hasn't been used properly.

Bailey was shot in the head. Not anyone's fault obviously. He was a good pick. Chalk that up to bad luck

Robinson was a pick made on potential alone, a fatal flaw repeated often by the Rams front office.

Mason had a mental breakdown. Chalk that up to bad luck as well.

See that's the problem. You draft players in the early rounds that are physically and mentally able to start. From the fourth round on you can draft some players on potential alone. I'm guessing they get wowed by players physical attributes and what might be, instead of what they are at the moment they pick them.

And then there's the matter of drafting players with a history of injuries during their college days. Sam Bradford is just one example.

"they would have had a shot at Asshole Face"

No thanks. Always thought he was a jerk and that proved to be true during the last time we played the Saints. Plus there's no way he could co-exist with Gregg Williams.

Jets were taking Austin with the next pick iirc. He was rated that highly by a lot of the league, he just ended up busting

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No Bradford was his guy and then he got hurt again and Hill was the back up. Keenum was the place holder for Goff. Goff was not ready to start so Keenum got to play.
But they didn't win with Bradford either. And when your QB misses time for injury, you get a free pass once. So when Fisher addressed the play of Clemens by getting Hill, that's on him. And Keenum wasn't merely a place holder, Fisher said they were a playoff team if he started.
Does he get credit for Goff if he turns out as good as everyone thinks he will?
If he's still the HC, then sure
Who gets credit for drafting Steve Young?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Fisher was supposed to be building a team that thrived on a heavy, powerful run game and a dominating defense, which should be able to be driven by a mediocre game manager QB. Much like Denver did last year. The QB situation should not be held up as an excuse for Jeff Fisher.
Schottenheimer didn't want to do that. They didn't have the players to implement his scheme even though they tried at the beginning of 2013 (I'm a little fuzzy on the year) They could not rebuild the POS that was here in 1 or 2 years so they did what they knew first the defense.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a fact

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Apparently you're not going to be convinced that Fisher deserves any backlash for the team's continued mediocrity, and I'm not going to be convinced he's accomplished anything that warrants his continued employment by the Rams. I propose we shake hands and move on with our lives.
Sure, but I wasn't trying to convince you. Its not a bad thing to see different points of view

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
But they didn't win with Bradford either. And when your QB misses time for injury, you get a free pass once. So when Fisher addressed the play of Clemens by getting Hill, that's on him. And Keenum wasn't merely a place holder, Fisher said they were a playoff team if he started.

If he's still the HC, then sure
Who gets credit for drafting Steve Young?
I believe they would have been in the playoffs with Bradford each of the years he had knee injuries had they not occurred. Speculation of course but they were playing decent football and getting better right up to the first injury.

The guy in TB

Stl2La

Hall of Fame

Ya it's mind blowing lol

Stl2La

Hall of Fame

Fisher choose to make Foles his QB. He never drafted a qb to develop behind Bradford who had an extensive injury history. Terrible decision. That falls on Fisher.

We are supposed to reward him for waiting 5 years to address the most important position on the field?

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill

Denver? you mean the team that won 12 games the year before? so who was the QB fisher was supposed to get to take us to the playoffs the last 5 years? give me a name that would have signed with us and was a FA