MMQB - Oopsed when I merged. This is Den's Dysfunction thread.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
if they are being coached why is it that no players seem to improve except in their contract year. if they are being coached up to their potential there should not be better play during contract year and a drop off before and after
Lack of desire? Focus only on money? The list goes on.
This is true of nearly every player on every team during their contract year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So are we to assume that the article was bullcrap? Because a lot of gnashing of teeth was going on for seemingly no real actual reason.
Doesn't matter. People will believe what they want.
We're in confirmation bias mode now.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Doesn't matter. People will believe what they want.
We're in confirmation bias mode now.

Possibly.

The real toxicity is from articles like this that are bullshit. I can't respect a guy who gets a small bit of possibly interesting info and goes WAY over the top and borderline makes shit up to fill a column.

It riles up posters and causes tension.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Oh wow this thread has life....I'd love to be in a fox hole with blackBart!!!! No quit in you my man! I could only get to pagew 8....but I shall return...Some quick thoughts...
We don't need this crap.
Yeah...it's inevitable...and really in the 1st year back, kinda a shame too...So much hype and excitement 6 months ago..

True story, I tweeted Kevin Demoff the night of the Auburn bowl game saying how great the Rams would look with Mason and Robinson in Horns.
Really now? You're famous...No way I saw Mason getting picked...I kinda liked Zack Stacy...He had a big fan following too...AZ game, bunch of youngsters had his jersey...We needed a LT...I still believe in G-Rob..

You didn't answer the first question when was the first year you thought they should have had a winning record?
2012 for me...Sam was on fire in camp.
everyone creamed their pants when we got rid of Bradford
Not me...
Fresno State doesn't exactly play a bunch of great teams
They used to 503....any place and anywhere....Bulldogs were tough...Tough city too now...or so I've heard.
Next thing we know, some front office scrub will be threatening to slash Fisher's throat.
I was gonna say "slash tires" then I saw the old post....
On Aug. 28, sports columnist Bernie Miklasz wrote that he was disturbed by "infighting and politics" within the Rams organization, and said executives owe any head coach their support.

"Be it [Mike] Martz or another man, I don't care who sits in the head coach's office at Rams Park. The head coach should be backed, not back-stabbed, by associates," Miklasz wrote.

Suleiman left a message on Miklasz's voice mail, stating, in part, "tell your source that I'm not a back-stabber, I'm a [expletive] throat slasher, and he'll know the difference before it's all said and done."
Don't remember this AT ALL!!!! St. Lou had all the fun....but damn this is funny...I'd hope he's still with the organization...dude has stones. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
I support Snead 100% and think he should be elevated to a true GM status. We have better talent than we've had in years. It's clear as day that the teams failures are a result of coaching and scheme.

Let Snead pick our new coach. Then we will know for sure where the problem lies.
I was kinda here too....I wanna hear the truth on ALL the picks...I wanna be in the war room...who wanted whom
Something in me says, @jrry32, or a @LesBaker, @BonifayRam , @Tron , @den-the-coach hell, any of the real football guys in here that watch college, and were given the resources of Snead with scouts and access, could draft just as well. I just don't think evaluating players is that hard. Now the character stuff...that would sink me...cause I don't consider that aspect at all...
are these players able to be developed better, put in positions to succeed by the staff...of the players we have selected over 5 years...I don't have a problem with many...surprised at some of the picks, sure...but I can see value in most...my main problem would have to be the O-Line picks of 2015....

Don't like hearing Colin cowherd talking about us right now...this is gonna get ugly...and I knew it when he took that stance on ED.

Zero

Pro Bowler
giphy.gif
As well you should.
But in my humble opinion he is going
to say any and everything he can to keep his
job.So I have a hard time taking anything he says as truth.
Which is my way.Either way we both want the same thing.
That is a team in the playoffs.That's Our Way,if you will.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I was alluding to the guy that threatened Mike Marts on his answering machine. It was meant in jest.
I figured it was meant in jest. I just didn't recall the incident. Thanks for responding though. I figured there had to be some background there.

MountainRam

Rookie
So Snead was so busy he forgot to tell Fisher about his extension or the other way.

Reporting on this is mostly true i believe.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...on-leaks-well-find-out-where-its-coming-from/

Jeff Fisher on leaks: “We’ll find out where it’s coming from”
Posted by Mike Florio on December 9, 2016

gettyimages-488045590-0-500x333-e1481326174250.jpg
Getty Images

The Rams had nothing to say on Thursday regarding a report of dysfunction between coach Jeff Fisher and G.M. Les Snead. On Friday, Fisher had plenty to say.

“When you’re 4-8, people are frustrated, you know, they’re frustrated,” Fisher told reporters. “We’ll find out where it’s coming from.”

The issue arose from comments made by Fisher to the media on Tuesday that seemed to criticize the front office for the plight of the team. An unnamed Rams source told Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com that Fisher’s words were regarded as a shot at a front office that Fisher ultimately controls.

“If you go back and look at the transcripts, I was speaking the truth,” Fisher said. “Honestly, I don’t know where this came from. . . . I’ll find out. In our business, unnamed sources, they’re not good. If we’ve got sources within the organization that are speaking, then we’ll address it. But there are no issues between Les and I – by no means. We agree to disagree and we’ve had a fun run, but we’re certainly disappointed – as I said on Tuesday – in the outcome and where we are. We’ve got work to do, but we’re doing it together.”

Fisher specifically took issue with a contention from Breer that front-office personnel “question how hard the team is pushed, with a lack of in-season padded practices being an example of the perceived problem.”

Said Fisher: “Somebody said that we don’t pad our practices. We padded on Wednesday. So whoever is talking obviously has not been out to practice or does not understand the CBA. Enough is enough, Les and I are good, we’re all good. Our focus is on Atlanta right now.”

Fisher also suggested that the characterization of the organization as “Rams Junior High” didn’t originate with anyone in the organization but with those who published the story.

“That came from either the editor or the writer, but I didn’t think the ‘junior high’ thing came from an unnamed source,” Fisher said. “But again, I don’t pay as close attention to those things as you do because I’m more concerned about the Falcons. But I’ll just say this again, Les and I are fine. We work together. We talk every day. I don’t know where that’s coming from.”

Fisher may need to pay closer attention. Breer wrote that “some in the building have come to know [the organization] as ‘Rams Junior High,'” and that the “Junior High” nickname has stuck inside the building. So the name wasn’t manufactured by a writer or an editor; it came from one or more people in the organization.

Regardless, the principal is about to find out who’s been talking out of school. And that’s an exercise that will do little to get those who are or aren’t using the “junior high” nickname to stop.

FRO

Legend
I want Florio's job. I can read a bunch of football articles and write summaries about it. He pretty much lives of other people's work.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-manager-disputes-reports-tension-jeff-fisher

Les Snead defines relationship with Jeff Fisher as 'really good'
Alden Gonzalez/ESPN Staff Writer

i

Rams general manger Les Snead, right, tried to strike down reports that he and coach Jeff Fisher have a contentious relationship. Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- Los Angeles Rams general manager Les Snead and coach Jeff Fisher "don't go hunting and fishing together." Snead said as much on Friday morning, in the wake of reports describing ongoing tension between the two, and immediately realized how that statement would play.

"If you write that," Snead said, smiling, "you have to finish it."

Snead went on to say he considers himself "the only guy from Alabama who doesn't hunt and fish." Fisher is from Southern California, but he loves the outdoors in that sense. So Snead always tells Fisher that they act as if they are from each other's birthplaces.

Now, as for their relationship?

"I'm well-aware of what has come out, and I can say this -- I think it's painted a picture totally different," Snead said. "Relationship's really good. We've worked together from the start, in every decision, every decision that's made. Especially from a personnel standpoint."

Snead was reacting mostly to a story on MMQB.com that called the relationship between the two "toxic" and quoted unnamed sources in referring to their dynamics as "junior high." Snead called that report "very false" and "definitely inaccurate" while meeting with reporters a few minutes before Friday's practice, and Fisher echoed the same sentiments shortly after his team wrapped up.

Snead and Fisher were entering the final year of their original contracts, but both received extensions through the 2018 season.

Fisher was asked multiple questions about Snead on Tuesday and never went out of his way to offer much praise, hinting at what many believe is a tense relationship between GM and coach. Snead read the comments and said they "went over my back." He stated that the two meet twice daily, usually in the morning and in the evening, and constantly referred to their working dynamics as a partnership.

"I didn't blow it out of proportion in any way at all," Snead said of Fisher's comments. "I was aware that we both were in the same boat in terms of getting an extension. At that point in time, didn't know the details of each other's. I didn't know his details and vice versa."

The two may have an extension, but there are no guarantees that either will be back next season.

The Rams have lost seven of their past eight games, putting their record at 4-8. They have finished no better than 7-8-1 since Snead and Fisher took over before the 2012 season, though they inherited a franchise that had lost 65 of 80 games in the previous five years.

Still, the Rams have to show signs of getting on a track toward contention for Snead or Fisher to return in 2017.

Asked about his job security, Snead said: "I've got a job to do, a role to do, to get us where we want to be. And that's how you have to work in this league. That's your focus."

"This is a 'we' business," Snead said. "Very disappointing when you go outside of that and you become an 'I.' And it's somewhat of a selfish act. That's disappointing."

Snead, 45, offered effusive praise of Fisher, 58. He said they "work together very well," called him a man with "very astute wisdom" and deemed it "an honor" to sit beside him and make difficult decisions.

Question is: Are these their last four weeks together?

"There's no issues between Les and I, by no means," Fisher said. "We agree to disagree. We've had a fun run, but we're certainly disappointed in, as I said on Tuesday, the outcome. We have work to do, but we're doing it together."

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Tony Romo played with the same offensive line, had Demarco Murray and he only won more than 8 games 1 time in the last 4-5 years.
I think lines get better with age...but the year they were 12-4, they were pretty good. I think the read option makes a run game more explosive. Offense just looks beter. But agree with your point. Dak looks special.

Where are these guys now? The ones the Rams staff couldn't coach up but are now playing well for another team.
JJ, D. Stewart, Long...oh, you probably meant offensive players...Does Richie Incognito count? Hmmmm...Not one...the WR that went to Miami...Signed a big deal...And Danny A. How about the TE? Illinois mIke? Dude with the long name...oh Snisher didn't draft them....You may have a point....Get rid of B. Quick this offseason, and I'll have a lil better insight.

I'm asking because I honestly don't know, but has there ever been evidence of a staff getting fired and a new staff comes in with the same players and gets a huge difference in results,
Jim Harbaugh...most recent. Remember when Tony Dungy had the Tampa Bucs? Jon Gruden came in and immediately won a SB. Lovie at Tampa now, rather the guy that replaced him..But players get better. Especially when a new coach comes in...Everyone needs to impress the new staff and will step up their games. Like what the Jets did in 2015....Instant success. Rather, better results.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
. Remember when Tony Dungy had the Tampa Bucs? Jon Gruden came in and immediately won a SB
And Dungy went to the Colts where Jim Mora was still questioning the Playoffs, Playoffs? and took them to the playoffs and double digit wins for the next 7 years
Bruce Arians saw a team turnaround pretty quick too

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
And Dungy went to the Colts where Jim Mora was still questioning the Playoffs, Playoffs? and took them to the playoffs and double digit wins for the next 7 years
Bruce Arians saw a team turnaround pretty quick too

Oh, and Chuck Knox took over a Rams team that was 6-7-1 the previous season. With a roster that had Tommy Prothro's fingerprints all over it, he went 12-2 and the Rams won the first of 7 straight NFC West titles.

It can happen.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
JJ, D. Stewart, Long...oh, you probably meant offensive players...Does Richie Incognito count? Hmmmm...Not one...the WR that went to Miami...Signed a big deal...And Danny A. How about the TE? Illinois mIke? Dude with the long name...oh Snisher didn't draft them....You may have a point....Get rid of B. Quick this offseason, and I'll have a lil better insight.

Good try but those guys don't fit the criteria of the discussion we were having. Fisher Snead draft choices that did not produce with the Rams but went somewhere else and did.