Mmmmmmm. Beer.....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Love Newcastle on draft and Schlafley anything. Love trying new brews with food. Don't drink much or many when I do. Just love the taste of brewed stuff. Never turned down a Guinness!

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
There are so many of them. Just try some of the true craft beers out there. For imports, I love a Paulaner (sp?) or a Spaten. The problem with craft beers is that so many of the ones we have available out here aren't available out east or in the Midwest or in CA even. If you can get Fort George, their wheat is extremely similar to ours. Widmer is very American for a wheat but it is still pretty good. Sierra Nevada makes a great wheat beer.

There are different styles. For the most part, I like Bavarian wheats. They tend to have somewhat of a banana nose with a hint of clove. American Hefeweizens tend to be very mild. I know most people like American Hefs with lemon - but try a slice of orange instead. Bavarian wheats IMO should have a slice of lemon to go with them because the acid and smell of the lemon sets off some of the flavors in the beer and tones down the "banana" esters.

My point is that if you like Blue Moon - try some others. You might be amazed.
Appreciate the tips. I'm by no means a connoisseur, just like to try different brews to find ones I like at different times of the year. I'll definitely give some of these a try. I know Sierra Nevada is available around here and I'm pretty sure I've seen Paulaner and Spaten as well. I'll have to keep an eye out for the others.

If you're up on the brew trade you may have heard of a couple of the brews made locally here. Several are pretty well known even though the availability is very limited. Heady Topper by The Alchemist is an extremely popular brew with over-the-top hops and a hint of grapefruit. I haven't tried any of the Hill Farmstead Brewery varieties mainly because there's more than a two hour wait just to get in the door and I'm not that patient but their brews are rated #1 or #2 in the world by several brew publications.

I could go on and on because even in such a small place there are probably 20 very good microbreweries within a half hour drive that are well worth the trip. Have also taken a few tours and tried several samplers. Someone with more knowledge could have a field day and a permanent hangover around here.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm partial to COLD beer, that's about it.(y)

But I am fond of Stella Artois, Peroni, Michelob, Genesee Cream Ale, and PBR on tap is delicious to me. Even an ice cold Natural Light is good on a hot Georgia afternoon.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Buncha hoity-toity beeristocrats.

I'll bet 90% of you used to pour it into a funnel 2 at a time back in the day.
Now you've found "culture."

Make me sick ... the lot of ya. :cautious:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yeah - I get it. I did mention that I'm a bit of a beer snob - right? :D

tumblr_inline_mvcwhjBerv1rzqa6p.jpg

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

Yeah, I can't deny that

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah, and I was pretty damn good at torpedoing a few as well.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Never done that, although I did manage to drink a yard of ale without spilling a drop.

So there.

:p

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

What you mean "back in the day"? :D

Man I remember beer bonging 2 Ranier pounders at a time. Had beer come back up once that was still ice cold. That told me it was time to let the other ones settle a bit. o_O

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What you mean "back in the day"? :D

Man I remember beer bonging 2 Ranier pounders at a time. Had beer come back up once that was still ice cold. That told me it was time to let the other ones settle a bit. o_O

Yeah dude when the beer is foaming out of your nostrils it's time to set a slower pace lol.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
So I'm not a big beer drinker, once in awhile with pizza or wings, and I like a couple of the beers mentioned here not called Corona Light :sick:

Back home in Cleveland there is. Place called The Great Lakes Brewery. These guys have own awards all over the world and make some of the best beer you can get anywhere, literally anywhere. I won't put any micro brewer down because that's hard work and it's costly to do it but I'm spoiled by these guys.

If it's small batch stuff like our Stewie does I usually prefer that and Great Lakes has managed to stay the same despite no longer being a small place.

The bar at their restaurant is very cool. It's from an old speakeasy and there are bullet holes from a raid back when Elliot Ness was roaming the streets of Cleveland keeping the citizens same from demon rum.

Here is the wiki on them......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Lakes_Brewing_Company

Sum1

Hall of Fame

Abso-friggin-lutely! Don't get me wrong...if the point of the beverage is to get shitfaced, I don't give a hell what it is as long as it is wet and cold!

I always say, the best beer is a free wet one. A free cold wet one is the cherry on top.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My beer spectrum is wide open!

Corona or Lite beers are great. Particularly in Summer.

A Porter is full flavour and good at times. I love trying seasonals at micro brewery's.

I'm hooked right now on Peroni as a favourite. It's a flavourful lighter beer.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
My beer spectrum is wide open!

Corona or Lite beers are great. Particularly in Summer.

A Porter is full flavour and good at times. I love trying seasonals at micro brewery's.

I'm hooked right now on Peroni as a favourite. It's a flavourful lighter beer.
What were you drinking when we were hanging out in that bar in Miami?
I think I had about 6 Killian Reds.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I love Guinness on tap. The canned stuff with the nitrus in it is pretty good too. Never drank it out of a bottle.

Petes Wicked Ale is good.

Troegs in Harrisburg PA puts out one of my favorites. Rugged Trail Brown Ale.

But in the end I pretty much like any Brown or Black Ale, stoudt, and Porter.

American lager? No thanks.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What were you drinking when we were hanging out in that bar in Miami?
I think I had about 6 Killian Reds.

Hmm... I can't remember... Grolsch?

Hey! I am travelling to Miami tomorrow, staying until Feb-21. Let me know if you are in neighbourhood. I've got my wife with me this time for part of the stay.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hmm... I can't remember... Grolsch?

Hey! I am travelling to Miami tomorrow, staying until Feb-21. Let me know if you are in neighbourhood. I've got my wife with me this time for part of the stay.
Cool! I have some business down there next week. I'll get in touch with you to see where you'll be.