Missouri Tailgate Anyone?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok all so it looks like we will be doing Twin Peaks in Chesterfield. Doubt we need to reserve a table or whatever but I will call them tomorrow and verify.

Lookin forward to meeting everyone. (y)

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ok all so it looks like we will be doing Twin Peaks in Chesterfield.

images.jpeg

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
LOL - I do as I can, still practicing track stands and jumps :)

Is the terrain really so much more challenging in California?
Without question. But that is true of a lot of this nation. You do have one huge advantage as a mountain biker in MO compared to your average Californian. Your tolerance of high humidity. (y)

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Without question. But that is true of a lot of this nation. You do have one huge advantage as a mountain biker in MO compared to your average Californian. Your tolerance of high humidity. (y)
I really like the versatility of the terrain, mud, loose over hard on tight switchbacks through fast grade variations, and coming out of creeks into steep technical climbs with wet tires over slick roots and rocks.

I mean we have MTB trails in Mark Twain national forest, but outside of pure climbing, which you can get on roads in Wildwood, the more difficult trails (above my skill level) just take advantage of the hills and drops.

If you don’t mind riding with a newb assuming you’re heading to St. Louis, I’ll be looking for trails that are still open both Saturday and Sunday as the rain allows, or at least point you to the rainout line and fun trails that should get a smile

Last edited:

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
I really like the versatility of the terrain, mud, loose over hard on tight switchbacks through fast grade variations, and coming out of creeks into steep technical climbs with wet tires over slick roots and rocks.

I mean we have MTB trails in Mark Twain national forest, but outside of pure climbing, which you can get on roads in Wildwood, the more difficult trails (above my skill level) just take advantage of the hills and drops.

If you don’t mind riding with a newb assuming you’re heading to St. Louis, I’ll be looking for trails that are still open both Saturday and Sunday as the rain allows, or at least point you to the rainout line and fun trails that should get a smile
No I don't ride. My knees are shot. I can still hike but riding a bike, any bike is in the rear view mirror for me. My son likes to ride and I've hiked some trails he's rode on that are very impressive. He says if you're more into "technical" mtn biking then Windrock, Haw Ridge or any of a number of trails in this area will do or if you're into downhill then this-

View: https://youtu.be/sboJRoJRXLg
preferably wearing this-
serveimage

Last edited:

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
No I don't ride. My knees are shot. I can still hike but riding a bike, any bike is in the rear view mirror for me. My son likes to ride and I've hiked some trails he's rode on that are very impressive. He says if you're more into "technical" mtn biking then Windrock, Haw Ridge or any of a number of trails in this area will do or if you're into downhill then this-

View: https://youtu.be/sboJRoJRXLg
preferably wearing this-
serveimage

I'm definitely not a downhill "bomber", but that looks like a lot of fun, so many jumps, and probably what I'll focus on when I get a chance to try some California trails, just because it's so different from what we have.

This is a single track loop in Greensfelder, a park in WildWood (west county).

View: https://youtu.be/Ya6q_RdzdgA

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sadly I must beg off this time. Scheduling problems at work. Just found out last night. Not happy about it but it is what it is. It is my hope that this will become a regular event so I can make the next one. Again my apologies to all.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sadly I must beg off this time. Scheduling problems at work. Just found out last night. Not happy about it but it is what it is. It is my hope that this will become a regular event so I can make the next one. Again my apologies to all.
Sorry to hear that John, was lookin forward to having a beer with you my man. But since you and I are close on the map maybe we can meet up for another game before or during the playoffs if we make it. Will hit you up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was thinking I'd have to drop the kid at the airport (out here visiting) but looks like I'm off the hook as the wife is going to handle all that. So should be at Twin Peaks somewhere in that 2:30 to 3:00 pm range. Didn't reserve a table or anything because with all the TDs the Rams will score I figure we'll be busy whoopin it up lol.

I'll be wearing my "dodger blue" Rams hat with the old school Rams head symbol on it.

Challenge is gonna be avoiding putting down too many cold ones. :D

Last edited:

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
Sorry guys, I am out. I only have a babysitter until 6:30, and Chesterfield is about an hour away. I will probably head to Edwardsville for most of the game, since it is only twenty minutes away. Have fun

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry guys, I am out. I only have a babysitter until 6:30, and Chesterfield is about an hour away. I will probably head to Edwardsville for most of the game, since it is only twenty minutes away. Have fun
Sorry to hear that RCJ. Enjoy the game. :)

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Cool, I’ll be there with my Faulk jersey, my wife is joining me. We were just in that area last night

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'll be wearing my black dress (I know it's more Pittsburgh colors, but it has pockets, so...yeah.) and a Rams hat. A caretaker of mine will also be there.

Can't wait to meet with y'all! :D

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well the first RoD Missouri Tailgate (in the LA era at least lol) only brought in 4 total, which was rather disappointing, but I had a great time thanks to the company of fellow RoD members @Zaphod, Mrs Zaphod, and @Memento. Thanks to you guys a painful loss was instead a fun event and hoping the next one will allow for meeting more RoD members. :)

1573498086909.png

RAMBUSH

Starter
Right on. At this point though I'm just trying to get an idea of how many would go. Think we'll pick a game we should win, like the Bengals. :ROFLMAO:
Good luck with that. As a Pa. Rams fan i am 0-6 going to rams games . Yesterdays steelers game was my latest ... woe is me...