@MelKiperESPN, says all three of the Rams' Day 2 picks were reaches

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
That video is coming, I'm sure...

There is no way that Kiper gets out of his career without at least one Youtube vid "showcasing" his talents... LOL

Video?
All you need is this photo!

image.jpeg

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Oddly I'm much more comfortable taking the guys who need development under the Mcvay staff. . .

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Oddly I'm much more comfortable taking the guys who need development under the Mcvay staff. . .

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
“If he (Clausen) is not a successful starting quarterback in the NFL, I’m done. That’s it. I’m out.”

"I got an idea; put that on a plaque, and hang it on the wall at your next job."

FRO

Legend
I'm not. The idea of drafting raw upside guys with faith the coaches can coach guys up isn't one that has worked out too well. While we love bashing Fisher, and he deserves it, I don't think drafting raw upside guys is great strategy. Nothing against McVay, I just think time is limited and guys should be a little more ready to play.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm not. The idea of drafting raw upside guys with faith the coaches can coach guys up isn't one that has worked out too well. While we love bashing Fisher, and he deserves it, I don't think drafting raw upside guys is great strategy. Nothing against McVay, I just think time is limited and guys should be a little more ready to play.

Who did they draft that isn't ready to play? They were all successful college players. Fisher was the guy that thought he could coach a gorilla to play football.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
YAY another ringing endorsement :)

well really come on......to quote that clip from the 80's, "what the hell does Mel Kiper know anyway?"

They were reaches because he (and others) had them ranked lower. I wonder where he had Brady ranked? Or Jemarcus Russell? Or London Fletcher? Or Julian Edlemann? You get the point. There ain't anybody who gets em all right. I figure, Mel is on par with NFL teams. They're all over enamored by measurables.

TexasRam

Legend
It's not just Kiper. It's more than the public facing guys that are consistently
Wrong. It's the Scouts themselves and organizations.

Look at the 2013 draft for example. Or most any draft. The number of busts every year is why people call the draft a crapshoot. It's why the billechick's of the world trade back every year to get multiple picks vs early picks.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
It's not just Kiper. It's more than the public facing guys that are consistently

Look at the 2013 draft for example. Or most any draft. The number of busts every year is why people call the draft a crapshoot. It's why the billechick's of the world trade back every year to get multiple picks vs early picks.
If you think about it, being a "NFL draft expert" has to be one of the worst jobs in sports reporting.

• Your opinion is going to be wrong 75% of the time
  • Every piece of news you gather is actually just a smokescreen
  • You have to convince your employer that they need to pay you year-round for 72 hours of air time in late April

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
So I guess I'm curious... were picks good to him (Kiper) over the last 10+ years? I'm thinking they were...which means for the most part...he blows...

I see grades to this (Rams) draft around the "C" range. In recent years I've seen much better, but look at the results? It's subjective. Me personally, I'll wait for the results before formulating an opinion.

Last edited:

FRO

Legend

Accumulating picks seems like a wise move. If you want more hits, then you need to take more at bats. That being said I disagreed with the trade down with Lamp there to be had.

FRO

Legend
If you think about it, being a "NFL draft expert" has to be one of the worst jobs in sports reporting.

• Your opinion is going to be wrong 75% of the time
  • Every piece of news you gather is actually just a smokescreen
  • You have to convince your employer that they need to pay you year-round for 72 hours of air time in late April
Despite being wrong all the time they tend to keep their jobs. Can't be too bad.