@MelKiperESPN, says all three of the Rams' Day 2 picks were reaches

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

KOWALSKI

Rookie
draft grades 24 hours after the draft. useless.

of course everybody loves the foster pick for the whiners. because these experts told each other for months on twitter that he is a top 10 talent.
but a team like the lions said no to him and picked up that guy from florida.
and even the biggest alabama homer in the world picked humphrey over him and allen.

lynch just went for the shiny object because he is a rookie gm.
can't wait to see foster being in the hospital again. like tomorrow or so.

FRO

Legend
I think you guys are right, having multiple selections among the top 100 can help you a lot more than a top 10 pick in each of the rounds. Especially if you are building a roster around a QB that you already have that is very good to excellent, or even elite.
Consider all the top 10 picks teams like the Rams and Browns have had over the last decade, it's hard to disagree.

FRO

Legend
draft grades 24 hours after the draft. useless.

of course everybody loves the foster pick for the whiners. because these experts told each other for months on twitter that he is a top 10 talent.
but a team like the lions said no to him and picked up that guy from florida.
and even the biggest alabama homer in the world picked humphrey over him and allen.

lynch just went for the shiny object because he is a rookie gm.
can't wait to see foster being in the hospital again. like tomorrow or so.
The experts do tend to get butthurt when the teams don't agree with their assessments.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Who the hell is Mel Kiper?!
Dude has 34 years of experience.....not saying he's right...but he knows players.

I see grades to this (Rams) draft around the "C" range. In recent years I've seen much better, but look at the results? It's subjective.

Pretty funny. I seem to remember us getting some pretty high marks over the past several years. How'd that work out for us?
As far as results, we all know the roster IS better...the players were better. Look at the number of players that signed elsewhere. I'd say coaching in the new CBA era, is crucial to a young players success.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
I'm glad Kiper said this...

That just means without a doubt:

Everett becomes Jordan Reed 2.0
Kupp
becomes a Nelson/Dez baby.

and shit... it's not here but screw it:
Reynolds becomes Mike Evans lite
Rogers
becomes a Woodhead clone

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I'm glad Kiper said this...

That just means without a doubt:

Everett becomes Jordan Reed 2.0
Kupp
becomes a Nelson/Dez baby.

and crap... it's not here but screw it:
Reynolds becomes Mike Evans lite
Rogers
becomes a Woodhead clone
Kupp= Fitzgerald Lite
Rogers= a much larger, slower, beast of a blocker Woodhead clone?

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Kupp= Fitzgerald Lite
Rogers= a much larger, slower, beast of a blocker Woodhead clone?

I don't think he's slower than Woodhead, could be wrong. His fast twitch and cuts and energy remind me a lot of woodhead, albeit with much more power because he's stronger.

If he was to play RB, he reminds me of a Woodhead/Ware mold.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I don't think he's slower than Woodhead, could be wrong. His fast twitch and cuts and energy remind me a lot of woodhead, albeit with much more power because he's stronger.

If he was to play RB, he reminds me of a Woodhead/Ware mold.
He's considered a FB. 231 Lbs, ran a 4.93 at the combine, 4.88 at his pro day. Woodhead during his pro day was listed at 197 lbs, and ran a 4.38. Their 20-yard shuttles are basically identical though. Woodhead actually benched more than Rogers, by 1. I do see what you mean, Rogers is a little shifty for a FB, but there a few in the NFL that are like that, and I wonder how that will look against pro competitors. Woodhead also isn't a lead blocker.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Can I say this? .... I'm just gonna say this .... FUCK MEL KIPER ..... and FUCK WALTER's FOOTBALL TOO!!!! There ... I said it :);):yay::mrburnsevil::football::grouphug:

RamnSD

Rookie
Name
RamnSD
And that's pretty much all that needs be said...
It should also be said that the Colts picked Marshall Faulk with the second overall pick. Jim Harbaugh was a hero for the Colts in 95 and 96.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
But then you'd have to listen to them again. I choose to ignore the winding (freaking spellchecker! That was supposed to be WINDBAG) the first time.

He's a cliche machine...For example:He spouts off about stuff like fluid hips when I don't think he could tell fluid hips from transmission fluid

fearsomefour

Legend
He is just saying where he projected guys, the Rams picked them early. Not that they are bad players. If he ranked a guy as a mid to late 5th round and a team picked him mid 4th he would consider that a reach. Says nothing of a teams scheme and specific designs for a player or position. He couldn't really know that. So, that's all he is saying really. Doesn't amount to much.

fearsomefour

Legend
No one who is normal will get this reference but with that hair I see King Diamond when I look at 'Mel Kiper.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He's considered a FB. 231 Lbs, ran a 4.93 at the combine, 4.88 at his pro day. Woodhead during his pro day was listed at 197 lbs, and ran a 4.38.
meh....same guy...40 times mean nothing...or so I've been told.

King Diamond
hqdefault.jpg

this guy?
kingdiamond.jpg