Mangold or Sullivan?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FA Center of choice

• Nick Mangold

• John Sullivan

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Can we afford either of these guys now with cap space left? If so who do you want? Or is there another Center out there you'd like?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally, I'd say neither. If I have to choose one, I'm picking Mangold. I'd rather just draft a Center at this point. Of the FAs left, Tim Lelito is an intriguing option.

Debacled

Starter
I'd kick the tires on Mangold, he was a shell of himself last season though. Sullivan has the looks of fools gold now, a guy the fans really wanna get behind but no team really seems that interested in.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I'd say sign one and draft one as well. Both of those guys would be an upgrade over Barnes. We can't get everything people, as long as it's an upgrade I'm good with it

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
We would have to overpay Mangold and he will probably never be the same. He is very injury prone and hasn't played a full season since 2013. Signing him coming off a season ending ankle injury that was recurring throughout his recovery seems like a disaster.

John Sullivan is 31 now and has back issues. He was generally durable and reliable early in his career but it seems that window is closing. The best move is signing someone else.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Neither. We need an OL that can play all 16 games together like Atlanta's did.

Draft a guy or train one of our guys. The easy part is that the C doesn't make the line calls in this O, the QB does, so it's more of a traditional OL position + snapping the ball.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Yeah neither, Mangold isn't even close to what he used to be. Big fan of Eiflen in the draft. If we fill the position in house, I hope Brown gets to compete. Think he's just a better football player than Wichman or Rhaney.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Stick a fork in them, there done... Draft one is my preferred option now

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
I'd kick the tires on Mangold, he was a shell of himself last season though. Sullivan has the looks of fools gold now, a guy the fans really wanna get behind but no team really seems that interested in.

Sounds like my kind of story! Bring him in! Turn him into an Pro Bowler Kromer!

Legend, rising from the ashes, smiting all the naysayers who told him he can't anymore.

I don't mind drafting a C, as long is it's not in the 2nd round. That's reserved for JuJu or Godwin.

MachS

Hall of Fame
It's funny the situation we put ourselves in now. We didn't want to spend an extra million and now we're looking at a washed up vet or a rookie.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Sullivan.

Mangold has so many injuries, it's hard to see him miraculously turning a corner and staying healthy for a few years until we get a C trained up to starter status.

That's why I want Sullivan. Yeah, he was a backup last year, but he's GOOD. He's 2 years younger than Mangold with less injury scares.

It could be a better option than Groy, provided we draft a C this year (after round 2).

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
We would have to overpay Mangold and he will probably never be the same. He is very injury prone and hasn't played a full season since 2013. Signing him coming off a season ending ankle injury that was recurring throughout his recovery seems like a disaster.

John Sullivan is 31 now and has back issues. He was generally durable and reliable early in his career but it seems that window is closing. The best move is signing someone else.
:wtf: Very injury prone??? Nick Mangold's been a model of consistency. Before last year he missed four games in ten years!

Last edited:

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Seeing how NFL teams ain't exactly beating a path to Nick Mangold's door, why do people assume his asking price would be too high?!?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Of the 2, I will take Mangold. Going into the season with a rookie (probably 3rd rounder or later) worries me.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I like Mangold and Wichmann at top of our depth chart in this situation. ... freeing us up to draft 2 corners and 2 offensive weapons ( 2 wr, or wr and te.....any order) with our first 4 picks. But Mcvay/Snead have done pretty well so far in free agency in my opinion sooo....o which ever direction they go in I'm on board......;)

Go Rams.......... ;)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mangold and Sullivan both scream Jake Long
I'd gladly take it. Jake Long played great his 1st year. 1 year from a vet as a bridge to the kid we draft? Home run.
Of course Long was only 27 when we signed him but i digress