Mangold or Sullivan?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FA Center of choice

• Nick Mangold

• John Sullivan

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
wd0203.jpg
[/URL]
Well, 10% of the people answering this poll might be happy. Sullivan visiting the Rams. The other 90% might have to find a way to get happy!:whistle:

I'm working on it ...

wd0203.jpg
wd0203.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Cb shouldn't be high after what they just spent on Tru and Webster

Tru is not really a fit. He is not a man press cover corner. Tru is a good fit in a zone scheme playing off coverage and breaking on the ball. He is not fluid enough to stick tight to receivers. Wade may be stuck adjusting his scheme if Snead cannot trade Trumaine. But, I think they will continue to try trading Tru even after the draft, especially if they draft a man press corner or two.

I have always believed that teams should draft positions that are deep in the current draft. That is where the best value will be. Plus a strength one year is usually a deficit the next. So, if Wade wants different types of corners, then now is when to get them.

BeefJurky

Rookie
Either. As long as they are cheap and on a 1-year deal, and the Rams draft for their replacement this year.

I like Pocic or Elflein in the 3rd round, Toth or Orlosky on day 3

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What happened with that, anything ???
I wish I knew. Crickets so far. Seems like we'd hear something one way or another in a few days? :bueller:

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
The #Rams will wait for the second/third wave of FA before signing a vet center.....

J60R_K.gif

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
EJGaines doesn't fit the scheme either. So, the Rams need another cover guy besides Webster
Agree.

I believe that EJ Gaines might serve Wade's Defense much better if he would move EJ into the Nickle position or better yet @ Deep/Free safety post. To me Wade has 3 good Nickles in Gaines/Joyner/Countess & even possibly Mike Jordan as a back up Nickle. Thus leaving Wade the opportunity to try EJ or Joyner back deep in the secondary.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Mangold is not the same player he was. He's a shell of himself...id rather bring in Sullivan

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Since the line calls will be made by HC McVay the center position required resume is changed. Take a look as to the super fast release of Tim Barnes. One of Tim's best skills & talent was a very smart working brain, being prepared & his ability to make the line calls. His 3 million price tag this season played a major role too. But Tim was maxed out physically & was coming off a bad injured foot too. Thus his release.

So we have this current post description on two very aged well season & damaged center to make a choice on. My point is does McVay & Kromer really need these 3 mention above types if line calls are now no longer a requirement? Looks to me this might be a good future discussion here.

Most believe that starters Whitworth/Saffold will line up on the left side & some combo of previous starters Robinson/Havenstein will start on the right side. That leaves some a very nice cadre of youth-full talented OL'ers three of which have many Rams starts the last two seasons looking to start somewhere & the only post currently open is Center.

Its a good bet that 2nd yr 6-6/310 Pace Murphy & 3rd yr Darrell Williams look to remain as reserve back ups to the OT posts. That would leave 6-5 323 pound Cody Wichmann, left handed 6-4 324 pound Jamon Brown & the 6-6/316 pound Andrew Donnal as possible center prospects alone with interior reserve OL positions. The very small 6-1/299 Demetrius Rhaney who is entering his 4th TC & pre season as a Ram & WWC 6-5/311 pound David Arkin who has played some center in contention. That's five interior OL'ers already signed & looking for a roster position.

In conclusion If I had some input in this I would remove Jamon Brown from this competition due to the fact that he would be my choice to replace Rodger Saffold due to his past injury history & would make Wichmann & Donnal my main two picks for some heavy duty action @ center in OTA's & TC.