Malcolm Brown (clavicle) out remainder of regular season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Hope he won't miss … and I think this is the last time we should go into a game with only 2 active RBs... unless they have some packages for Pharoh or Jojo in the backfield...having only 2 guys suited forces gives Gurley no rest opportunities in the game...

I'd like to see Kelly active.....

fearsomefour

Legend
Hope he won't miss … and I think this is the last time we should go into a game with only 2 active RBs... unless they have some packages for Pharoh or Jojo in the backfield...having only 2 guys suited forces gives Gurley no rest opportunities in the game...

I'd like to see Kelly active.....
No idea if Kelley is ready.
I don't mean running, I mean pass protection.
This is the number one thing that keeps young RBs off the field.
If Brown can't go it will be interesting to see who gets the nod. It would not be a WR I am sure though.

Psycho_X

Legend
No idea if Kelley is ready.
I don't mean running, I mean pass protection.
This is the number one thing that keeps young RBs off the field.
If Brown can't go it will be interesting to see who gets the nod. It would not be a WR I am sure though.

Agreed and it is imperative in this offense. Gurley is superb at pass blocking and I've seen Brown stick people good in pass protection. If Davis is better than Kelley in pass protection there is no question it'll be him dressing on Sunday's in place of Brown. Hopefully Brown just has a shoulder bruise or mild sprain and will be ready by playoff time.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Considering how quickly he was ruled out, I'm guessing he's out for awhile.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
He would start on other teams, imo. I hope he gets healthy for the playoffs & we get him extended.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Next man up. He's a great backup but I'd like to see Kelly fill in for him the kid has skills

manmaderam

The one and only
To be honest I wouldn't mind getting some veteran backup to help out Gurley and the "new" guys.

Some names that come to mind: CJ Anderson, Lance Dunbar, etc.

Someone cheap

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Backups can run and catch, but can they be counted on in pass pro?

Wonder who is ahead between Kelly and Davis.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Didn’t the announcer say that the other two are injured also? Meaning Kelly and Davis.
I think this was another account of talking head commentators just listening to themselves talk. yak....yak...yak. Did I tell you about the time.......

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow.... was hoping Brown was hurt too bad...could be done for the season. Kelly really showed something in the preseason, and I honestly think he'd make a nice change of pace back for us... guess we'll see soon enough now. Nothing against Davis, but I'm hoping Kelly shows enough to make Davis expendable and maybe we bring in a vet as insurance... there are a couple out there who'd be worth a look.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Shame, hope his shoulder will be good to go in the playoffs. Hopefully Hunter or Kelly are up to speed; really loses a dimension in our offense when Gurley is taking a breather on the bench in terms of pass protection.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
John Kelly runs hard and he's got a nice 'step' to him. Him and Gurley will be an annoyance for teams to stop all day long. In the words of McVay - "He's a violent, downhill runner"

Lets hope he's up to scratch in the passing game (especially blocking), because Brown was having a heck of a year!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
If M Brown is out, I expect Kelly AND Davis to both be activated. McVay needs insurance one of them can pass block.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
McVay said in the press conference that the clavicle injury was similar to Woods' injury last year. Woods missed 3 games (vs Saints, Cardinals, Eagles) and was back for the thrashing of Seattle. I figure RBs use their shoulders more so it could be the same or longer. McVay still doesn't know the extent of the injury so we may find out later. Hopefully Malc is back for the playoffs.