Making me laugh with the "soft" and "not physical" stuff repeated over and over

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
How soft would we have been if not for two early turnovers against the whiners and the Titans? Both might have been very different games.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Ah fu*k me, why did I just read this whole damn thread....

I'll just offer this, from wikipedia for "semantic dispute":

"A semantic dispute is a disagreement that arises if the parties involved disagree about the definition of a word or phrase, not because they disagree on material facts, but rather because they disagree on the definitions of a word (or several words) essential to formulating the claim at issue. It is sometimes held that semantic disputes are not genuine disputes at all.... when a semantic dispute arises, the focus of the debate should switch from the original thesis to the meaning of the terms of which there are different definitions..."

Also, IMHO:

Mina Kimes nailed it in that video.

Also, somebody tell "boy genius" McVay that the Rams gotta do two things: (1)on D, focus more on stopping the run and (2) on O, focus more on establishing the run. And use Jalen to neutralize the other team's best player FFS.

Yeah McVay has a photographic memory and it's complicated and there are a lot of "layers" to it and etc etc etc... but please somebody tell him that sometimes things are just as obvious as they seem....

John R

Rookie
Name
John R
It seems we are arguing semantics, what does “soft” mean when used in a football context. To me, being blown off the line of scrimmage time after time, through a whole game is soft. Having a guy in your arms for a loss or short gain, but he breaks two or three tackles to turn two yards into eight is soft. I saw that all night long on Monday.

Edit: I just saw XXXI’s post about semantics, good timing I guess. Regardless, the Rams looked soft with the defense being pushed all over the field all night. The offense just looked inept.

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Yeah McVay has a photographic memory and it's complicated and there are a lot of "layers" to it and etc etc etc... but please somebody tell him that sometimes things are just as obvious as they seem....
McVay's really smart. The "Genius" label really does apply when it comes to football. But sometimes really smart guys tend to over analyze things and make it complicated when it doesn't have to be.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone notice the niners did the exact same thing to the Jags yesteday? Ran right over them, doubled time of possession, and Jimmy G only threw a handful of short passes. I hope Mcvay is ready for this next time they meet because you know Shanahan will do the exact same thing. Should be interesting (we can only hope).