Make known your 2023 prediction, and stick by it!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
McVay managed to win five games with the injuries and coaches quitting on him last year. That’s impressive.

This year, if they stay mostly healthy, especially on Offense. They should do better than 5 games. McVay has his improved the coaching staff. They think they will be better than most do. But they’ve got a brutal travel schedule and some tough opponents this season.

I think they win 9 games just missing the playoffs.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think we make the playoffs and as we all know, anything can happen in the playoffs. It does me no good to predict the negative. What's the point? Does it really hurt less when they lose if you expect them to? Doesn't work that way for me.

The way I see it is the Rams will have a VASTLY improved O-line through health, experience, and acquisitions. The result will be that our offense is capable of maintaining long, time consuming drives, while still having the quick strike ability. The defense will struggle out of the gate but they will be more rested and teams will be forced to play more one dimensional football.

Unfortunately, we will all still be pretty irritated over Raheem's soft coverages but they will prove effective enough to force offenses to settle for a lot of FGs.

I'm ready for the SB.

muggmeister

Rookie
11 Wins
Stafford - 4,700 yrds, 39 TDs
Akers - 1,300 yds rushing, 13 total TDS
Kupp - 138 recs, 1,752 yds, 14 TD
Jefferson, Atwell, Higbee all over 700 yrds
Donald - 14 sacks
Young - 8 sacks
Durant - 5 ints
Young defense gels quickly and often setting up Morris for another head coaching gig giving us another 3rd draft round pick next year.
Is that enough optimism for everybody?

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Hey all. Hi!
You may think me crazy but my very specific and realistic prediction is that this year, yes this 2023 season, our Rams will make it to the Super Bowl!
Yes, during this "re-tooling" year. I can just feel it brewing. It's gonna happen and it's gonna shock the NFL. No one expects it.
Bank on it. Come back here and see me in February. :)

Now, if you have a specific prediction that's worth mentioning and you're willing to stick by it, I'd love to hear it.
(but none of this vague boring stuff like "we'll be a better running team this year if we stay healthy." ) That's not interesting!

We wanna hear something real! Something specific! What do you know about our Rams that the rest of us don't!

Superbowl, here we come! BriansRams has spoken it! :)
Stop huffing the paint. Zero defense except for AD and Jones. Worst secondary in football, no OLB that are proven, no run D get real. 2-5 games we win

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams will win the final game of the season and fall down the draft board just enough to miss out on a highly coveted player.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Stop huffing the paint. Zero defense except for AD and Jones. Worst secondary in football, no OLB that are proven, no run D get real. 2-5 games we win

Were you not a fan during the dark days? Either the 90s or after GSOT?

Unreasonable enthusiasm was all we had back then.

Even if you think we're gonna go 0-17 (ptooey, God Forbid), why try and dunk on anyone showing enthusiasm now?

I mean, eventually, there will be Vent Threads.

Do we need a singular off-season vent thread to contain all the "realism" for the time being?

I mean, if a fan can't dream NOW...when can one?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

think true detective GIF

dang

Legend
I swore I wouldn’t predict a Rams 2023 record but I’m bored and counting down the minutes to the weekend.

Ceiling 10-7
Floor 6-11

But I am sticking to 2023 being a year of deep roster assessment to determine which young, inexpensive players are worth keeping before going hard (send lawyers, guns and money) for top of the league relevance again in 2024. Also, I think there is a good chance at a significant trade before the deadline to kick it off.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Little early for this, yeah? Can we at least see get to the point where we know their names? Haha....

I'm all about predictions, but since we literally have no idea what half the roster will look like week 1, I'll save mine for after preseason. Loved the draft though, and feel much better about 2023 ever since.
No fun in that.
The Rams start out 1 and 5, but are improving. They put together a string of wins and end up 10 and 7 and make the last playoff spot. They are hot at the end of the season and win a playoff game. The season is a great success because the young guys started to put it together and infused the vets with energy. They gain playoff experience and are in the hunt for the SB in 2024.
McVay gets coach of the year because he held the youngest team in NFL history together when everyone was picking them to win the Caleb sweepstakes. Morris surprises many of us and runs a top 15 D. Mostly because of the big improvement the second half of the season. Rated top 5 in the last 8 games. Which gets him the Head coaching job for the Chargers, who again under performs. This puts Staley in the running to be the Rams DC but McVay picks someone else.
AD has a 20 sack season because Brown eats up blockers and our bevy of young edge rushers combine for 23 sacks. Put that together with the MLBs sacks and other random blitzers and the D racks up around 55 sacks with untold pressures. Of course this creates many turn overs. The rams lead the league in turn over ratio and Defensive scores the last half of the season.
The offense becomes top 5 out of the gate scoring 32 points a game.

Stafford has his best statistical season ever and wins his first of 2 MVP awards. Kupp scores 14 TDs and over 1500 yards and 10 pancakes.
Cam also has his best year rushing for over 1300 yards and 16 TDs.
Of course this great offensive season is due to the revamped Oline. The only injuries suffered were to Allen and Boom.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I think we make the playoffs and as we all know, anything can happen in the playoffs. It does me no good to predict the negative. What's the point? Does it really hurt less when they lose if you expect them to? Doesn't work that way for me.

The way I see it is the Rams will have a VASTLY improved O-line through health, experience, and acquisitions. The result will be that our offense is capable of maintaining long, time consuming drives, while still having the quick strike ability. The defense will struggle out of the gate but they will be more rested and teams will be forced to play more one dimensional football.

Unfortunately, we will all still be pretty irritated over Raheem's soft coverages but they will prove effective enough to force offenses to settle for a lot of FGs.

I'm ready for the SB.
1686958907793.png
I dont know how this happened. Damn I'm old.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm not making any big picture predictions.. just have no idea what's gonna happen.

Some... feels.. about what we'll see.

A defensive line that is much more effective than outsiders expect right now. Marquise Copland, Larell Murchison and Jonah Williams provide some rotational depth.. with Copeland being a possible starter to begin the year.. and Bobby Brown and Kobie Turner have real talent. There could also be camp surprises. The little I've read/heard from Brown this offseason is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear from him. A'Shawn only played 33% of snaps on D... and I think Brown can effectively pick that up. The group will have to pick up for Gaines.. and I think they have enough in house to get it done. Turner sounds intriguing.

I have no idea how edge will play out. But Hoecht had 4.5 sacks in limited play time last year. I think he can produce 8-10... IF.. he's got the edge run-d thing down. The other guys are fast as hell.. we'll find out soon if they can play.

The secondary.. if they can stay relatively healthy.. will be better than many expect. Durant may be the key... I have my issues with his tackling.. but as a playmaker and a coverage guy... he's already pretty darn good. He'l get moved around because he's a guy QBs will actually have to be aware of because of his ball skills. I think that between Kendrick.. Hodges-Tomlinson, Rochell and others.. they'll have functional corners. Fuller is a good and smart player. Lake and Yeast looked like they would belong in the NFL last year, imo. This group is being written off by outsiders too early.

The Oline.. specifically the run game.. will be very much improved. They will move people and will have a very effective run game this season... helping set up a good pass game.

The offense will be in the good-to-very good range, imo.

It'll be fun.

Turducken

Starter
I'm going to at least three home games this season. Hoping for the best, preparing for light-years-from-best.

I have $50 riding on Rams getting 7.5+ wins.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Alaric Jackson & Coleman Shelton will be the starting LT & Center for the Offensive Line and this will be the last year in Horns for both Joe Noteboom & Brian Allen.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll make my prediction ATER I see the defense play with pads on in TC.

Nah but that's no fun. The WHOLE thing about predictions is making them well well in advance. Waiting until kickoff of our first regular season game is ... well ... no fun! Come on man. Tell us right now what you think, WITHOUT seeing anything further.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
The Rams will go 23-11 over the next two regular seasons.

Funny. Well done sir. You've made your very specific prediction and that's all I asked for. Now though, we'll hold you to that prediction since it's here in writing. :)