Losing out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, there is.

There's two quarterbacks worthy of that slot. To the people who say that there isn't, wouldn't they want Roethlisberger with more mobility? Or a young Philip Rivers? Because that's Lynch and Goff in a nutshell.

Memphis Ram

Legend
There's two quarterbacks worthy of that slot. To the people who say that there isn't, wouldn't they want Roethlisberger with more mobility? Or a young Philip Rivers? Because that's Lynch and Goff in a nutshell.

Roethlisberger with more mobility? A young Phillip Rivers?

Would Lynch be the bigger guy who played lights out for 3 college seasons and led his team to a one loss, #10 overall rating and MAC Championship? Would Goff, plus about 20-25 lbs., be the 4 year starter who excelled like Rivers did in college? The one that stood tall in the pocket taking shots.

Shoot, I'd also love the next Eli Manning (Sam Bradford), Steve Young (Jake Locker), Fran Tarkenton (Johnny Manziel), Micheal Vick (RG III), etc, too.

Either way, if the Rams were to select one of those underclassman spread QBs, I'd hope that they would simply shift to a spread offense and play them to their strengths.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It is not looking like the Rams will catch a break.
This is the one thing i'm sure of.
I'm still rooting for wins, but i'm emotionally detached until the offseason now...so if the losses keep piling up i'm good.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lynch and Goff may return for their senior years as well....

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think they would be foolish to stay another year.
They seem to be the consensus 1&2 qbs in this draft.

Didn't Locker stay another year when he hot? The next year he wasnt. He would be much richer now had he come out a year earlier.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Roethlisberger with more mobility? A young Phillip Rivers?

Would Lynch be the bigger guy who played lights out for 3 college seasons and led his team to a one loss, #10 overall rating and MAC Championship? Would Goff, plus about 20-25 lbs., be the 4 year starter who excelled like Rivers did in college? The one that stood tall in the pocket taking shots.

Shoot, I'd also love the next Eli Manning (Sam Bradford), Steve Young (Jake Locker), Fran Tarkenton (Johnny Manziel), Micheal Vick (RG III), etc, too.

Either way, if the Rams were to select one of those underclassman spread QBs, I'd hope that they would simply shift to a spread offense and play them to their strengths.

Well, actually, kind of.

Lynch's production other than his freshman year isn't all that different from Big Ben's and Lynch led a perennial loser in Memphis to 10 wins last year and 9 wins so far this year. But I wouldn't say Roethlisberger is his comparison.

As for Rivers and Goff...well, yes actually. That sounds about right. Goff is a 3 year starter that excelled behind a bad OL. Outstanding pocket presence, touch, and accuracy. Has a lot in common with Rivers. But yea, he does need to add some weight.

Goff's strengths perfectly fit a NFL offense.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Anyway, losing out is damn near guaranteed!
Fisher can't fix the Offensive coaching, the Oline, the QBs. the WRs, the TEs, and the depth of the whole team in the next four years, much less the next four games, even if he showed the slightest desire or ability to do so.

And he shouldn't be here to try!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Lynch's head coach went to Virginia Tech. Goff seems very unlikely to return as well.
TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports that "those close to the situation" say there there's a "99%" chance that Cal junior QB Jared Goff enters the draft.
Apparently, HC Sonny Dykes' conflicts with players and the school's administration may have the effect of encouraging Goff to skip town. "As I reported weeks ago the junior has a team of people fully engaged in vetting agents and setting up meetings," Pauline wrote. "Many inside his circle believe it makes no sense for the highly rated quarterback to return to Cal and get pulverized next season the way he has this year. I would expect an official announcement that Goff will enter the draft soon after Cal’s bowl game." Goff has 4,252 passing yards (64.2% completions) and a 37/13 TD/INT ratio.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Anyone think Carson Wentz is this year's Derek Carr?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone think Carson Wentz is this year's Derek Carr?

No. He's not as NFL ready as Carr. But I do think he has the potential to be a good NFL starting QB if developed properly.

FRO

Legend
If we pick a QB first we need to surround him with talent. Look at how the Bengals, Raiders, and Jaguars surrounded their guy with good talent immediately. We can't expect to plug a young talented guy into our team and expect him to do well. Our receivers and blockers aren't the best either. Both need to be majorly improved.

Our first three picks may need to be offense.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If we pick a QB first we need to surround him with talent. Look at how the Bengals, Raiders, and Jaguars surrounded their guy with good talent immediately. We can't expect to plug a young talented guy into our team and expect him to do well. Our receivers and blockers aren't the best either. Both need to be majorly improved.

Our first three picks may need to be offense.
We need to make a serious run for A. Jeffrey

FRO

Legend
We need to make a serious run for A. Jeffrey
I don't see why the Bears would be willing to let him go. If he hits the market, why would he want to sign with a team with no QB. If we get him, it will have to be through trade.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Draft talk for Christmas? Ah, the Rams way.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don't see why the Bears would be willing to let him go. If he hits the market, why would he want to sign with a team with no QB. If we get him, it will have to be through trade.
Crazier things have happened.
A young improving oline, an exciting player in TA and Gurley.
Maybe a young talented qb taken in the first rnd of next year's draft.

A big paycheck.

Sounds OK to me.

FRO

Legend
Crazier things have happened.
A young improving oline, an exciting player in TA and Gurley.
Maybe a young talented qb taken in the first rnd of next year's draft.

A big paycheck.

Sounds OK to me.
Totally ok by me. The reason the run game sucks now is because nobody fears our passing game. Jeffrey would open up so much for our offense.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Totally ok by me. The reason the run game sucks now is because nobody fears our passing game. Jeffrey would open up so much for our offense.

The run game sucks because as soon as the ball is snapped there's three d lineman in the backfield