Looming LT decision this off season..What is your hope

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Generally good LTs don't hit FA. Has to be something wrong with them, at the least something like age or injury.

Armstead for example is slated to hit FA but no way the Saints let him do that. They'll cut dudes to make room for him.

Brown same thing with KC. I don't think his pass pro is elite by any stretch but the guy all around is a player and they won't let him walk after they traded for him. And if they do let him walk it means he's overpriced himself and will probably be a pain in the ass if/when the team who signs him moves his ass to the right side where he belongs.

Guy like Fisher is probably what we're looking at if they use FA for a LT and then we'll have to overpay his sorry ass. Him or maybe Trent Brown, both of whom are risky. I just don't trust Fisher, and Brown seems to play well for Belicheat only.
I wonder if Cam Robinson hits the market.
I think it's more likely they tag him this season, but he's an interesting option. He's mostly underachieved.. but he's got the physical stuff to be an excellent starter.

Any thoughts on Edwards kicking outside?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I haven't seen enough of Edwards to have a feel for him at LT. It's kind of how I have always felt about Boom, though he's been in there enough now to where I trust him more than I used to.

Nothing would surprise me though wrt LT. It's a puzzle for sure.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Saw Boom pancake a guy on the highlights -- 77 I think had to come out for a while? I think Boom could be the guy.
Gotta see the snap counts to be sure.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Boom is a stud at LT. Probably as good as whit is right now and he comes in off the bench. Given playing time he should get even better. Look for the Rams to lock up boom

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Armstead for example is slated to hit FA but no way the Saints let him do that. They'll cut dudes to make room for him.
Saints offseason will be so fun to watch. Even with the projected cap increase they're a metric shit ton over the cap.

ramphreak

UDFA
Name
Mike
I think Noteboom had shown enough that he'll get a payday. He's got just enough experience and really nothing bad on film recently that someone will offer him real starting LT money. I'd love to keep him but have a hard time seeing it happen

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
what about Pircher?

train

He's definitely an option as a swing tackle. I'd still rather take Noteboom as my left tackle; at age forty, I don't know how much Whit can handle.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Boom is probably the cheapest and safest option. He doesn't miss a beat when he subs in at LT.
He's done a good job. I just wonder if he's going to look that good once he gets paid and is the guy everyone is gameplanning for.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If we win SB… it is hard to see Whitworth returning as a player. But, like others have said… he’s been solid, so if he wants to play, why say “no”?

But, I hope we can extend Noteboom. We have a lot invested in him… I want to cash that in with the Rams.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Best thing would be Noteboom extended with Jackson as his back up. The most economical solution and best for the long-term future.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Generally good LTs don't hit FA.
200w.webp

(I know the quote is totally out of context, just thought this gif was too good to pass up)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Noteboom might get a significant offer from a bad team with major OL needs and a ton of cap space.

That's my fear. He's semi proven, but not enough data to say exactly what he will be like as a full time starter.

I have no idea what his value will be.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's my fear. He's semi proven, but not enough data to say exactly what he will be like as a full time starter.

I have no idea what his value will be.
We will regret not signing Boom when we could have. He's no Whit, but he is pretty good at a critical position and we'll have Alaric, I guess, if Whit suddenly retires. Seems dangerous to me.