lol ... Johnny Manziel. SMH

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
August 23rd and johnny football will be greeted by the RAMS Defense. He should see a little time against our 1's, so I'm hoping he gets lit up... big time. What he is going to find out is NFL defenses are every bit as fast as him and he won't be able to outrun them.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Manziel was we thought he was. He-he is what we thought he was. We saw how he acted in college. I mean, who the hell takes his Pro day, and the Combine like it's bullshit? Bullshit! We saw him before, heard him before, we were in for three quarters... but Manziel is who we thought he was! That’s why we drafted someone else! Now, *hits microphone* if you want to crown him, then crown his ass! But, he is who we thought he was, and we let him off of our the hook!

Thanks, Coach Denny.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
who's impressed by a few hundred bucks in singles?

13zampw.jpg

From the 'These Photos Are Mines' meme.

RamsFan14

Starter
That video is pretty funny, not gana lie lolol. With that said... I thought people were being a bit too critical of of his maturity during the draft process... Looks like they had a point after all. I still think his trip to Vegas was overblown by the media but this is is pretty bad lol. That stuff needs to stay in doors but yet it escaped.

Let's just say... The crow don't taste too good right now lol.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I ever thought I'd be more excited for a pre-season game than I will be on Aug 23rd

i'm very tempted to go. i live in columbus ohio. hard to spend full $ amount on a preseason tilt though. might go with some brownie fans from work.

fancents86

Starter
He better save that money. He's gonna need it for new legs when he has to face the Steelers and Ravens every year. Can't believe some of you guys actually wanted this a$$chip on our team.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
He comes from a wealthy family. He's one of a very, very few who's family probably has more money than he does.

Heh, you learn something new everyday. He's going to be a brat for his whole life.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Johnny Manziel is 21 and trying to create his own image- albeit a douchebag one. Jersey Shore showed that there is a viable audience for this behavior and good luck to him. He is striking while the iron is hot - in two seasons time he could be a shell of himself after taking a beating game after game.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He better save that money. He's gonna need it for new legs when he has to face the Steelers and Ravens every year. Can't believe some of you guys actually wanted this a$$chip on our team.

Meh - me thinks you are calling out a contingent that really isn't here. Even still, you have no idea what kind of a QB he is going to be yet. I personally didn't want him but let's not get too high and mighty on those that did. I think people were posing scenarios where he either was there at #13 or at our second round pick. If he pans out at all, he would at minimum be good trade bait. In any case, I don't remember a big push on this site for Manziel. Maybe one or two posters tops but even they had qualifiers.

fancents86

Starter
There were a lot more than two posters here that wanted him in a rams jersey, mostly the Bradford haters. I also wouldn't consider myself acting high and mighty, it's common knowledge that he wouldn't fit in our system, nor is his attitude what we want being portrayed on our team. even though he was there at 13, that would have been extremely illogical. we picked up stephen hill in the offseason, so you would be wasting a first rd pick on a guy whos gonna be a third or fourth string qb. you could use him as a trade but what ar the odds of some other team willing to give up a valueable player at the position we want for a manziel? not good imo. i find it ironic that people ran away from Tebow who never wanted a media circus yet we have this drama queen who begs for the attention and everyone wants him. If he keeps it up I don't think he'll be trade bait at all.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...eland-browns-needs-phone-valet-joe-haden-says

Johnny Manziel settled down to business as a quarterback in the NFL this week, agreeing to terms on a rookie contract while even drawing the praise of Aaron Rodgers for how the Heisman winner has handled himself.

But at least one Cleveland Browns teammate thinks Manziel should continue to heed caution in his approach to life off the field.

Cornerback Joe Haden, speaking Friday during a radio interview on "The Really Big Show" on ESPN Cleveland, said he thinks "Johnny needs to check his friends a little bit."

"Everybody is going to go out and have a good time," the four-year veteran said. "You gotta make sure when you're with your people, it just doesn't get out. He's going to have a good time, but a lot of things need to be taken away.

"You need to have a phone valet -- tell your friends to put your phones away. We're going to go out but don't record."

Rodgers said Monday that he thinks Manziel has kept the right attitude and has had chances to do "some pretty cool things" but at the same time "can't control the people taking pictures of him ... the people wanting to be around him."

However, Haden said that's where "Johnny Football" should place more focus.

"He's grown. When I've seen him in the locker room, he's in there on time, he's in there studying," Haden said in the ESPN Cleveland radio interview. "He's getting better and better, every OTA and every minicamp. It's just the off the field stuff, a lot of it can be prevented."

As recently as last Saturday, Manziel tweeted a party photo with celebrity friends, including rapper Drake and jeweler-to-the-stars Johnny Dang.

"But he's young," Haden added. "Nothing that he does out there is affecting his improvement on the football field. For him, I would like to get people off of his back. You Johnny, you young, you just got in the league. You're doing everything you need to do on the field. Maybe just try to ease back a little bit."

Cleveland opens training camp in late July, and Manziel will be competing with Brian Hoyer for the starting quarterback job, although new coach Mike Pettine has said Hoyer will be No. 1 on the depth chart when camp opens.

The Browns said Tuesday that they had agreed with Manziel on a rookie contract. Terms were not released, but the NFL rookie wage scale projected Manziel's deal to be worth about $8.25 million for four years. Like all first-round picks, his contract includes a fifth-year team option.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If he would have then picked higher, the Ryan Leaf comparisons would be staggering.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Boomer Esianson was on a radio call in show and he said JM needs to really tone it down or nobody will take him serious and it makes him look like being in the news for all the wrong reasons is more important than the franchise or the sport. Boomer is one of the NFL guys I like.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The kid just doesn't get it. And that's one of the reasons why I wanted him nowhere near this team. He needs to get his head out of his ass.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
There were a lot more than two posters here that wanted him in a rams jersey, mostly the Bradford haters. I also wouldn't consider myself acting high and mighty, it's common knowledge that he wouldn't fit in our system, nor is his attitude what we want being portrayed on our team. even though he was there at 13, that would have been extremely illogical. we picked up stephen hill in the offseason, so you would be wasting a first rd pick on a guy whos gonna be a third or fourth string qb. you could use him as a trade but what ar the odds of some other team willing to give up a valueable player at the position we want for a manziel? not good imo. i find it ironic that people ran away from Tebow who never wanted a media circus yet we have this drama queen who begs for the attention and everyone wants him. If he keeps it up I don't think he'll be trade bait at all.

It was all a smokescreen. Rams fans are ninja like that. ;)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yaknow, I wouldn't want Manziel on the Rams, and I don't think he is going to be all that successful in the NFL.

That said, I'm from CLE originally, spent almost all of my life there. I don't have a "second favorite" team that I really follow but I always want to see the Browns do well because that's the #1 or #2 most devoted fan base in the NFL. I hate that people there are gritting their teeth because this guy is embarrassing himself yet again.

I just don't understand how he can't wrap his head around the fact that he is making the teams management look foolish.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Yaknow, I wouldn't want Manziel on the Rams, and I don't think he is going to be all that successful in the NFL.

That said, I'm from CLE originally, spent almost all of my life there. I don't have a "second favorite" team that I really follow but I always want to see the Browns do well because that's the #1 or #2 most devoted fan base in the NFL. I hate that people there are gritting their teeth because this guy is embarrassing himself yet again.

I just don't understand how he can't wrap his head around the fact that he is making the teams management look foolish.

Back in the 80's when I used to go to sports bars to watch the Rams play, the biggest and loudest contingent of fans were always the Browns fans. This was in San Jose, CA.

I hope Manziel has a good career, except against our team. Players like him bring excitement to the game. Cleveland is a good place for him to start out because of the low expectations for the team. OC Kyle Shanahan and QB coach Dowell Loggains will need to teach him about being patient, making reads, and staying in the pocket without retreating back to his instinct to run. Of course that will be a tough change for him to make. I'm looking forward to seeing him play.