PREGAME Lets Talk Cowboys - Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
The one weakness on defense the Cowboys have is their pass defense. The other is Dak... which Dak will show up Sunday? Its Time for Donald to earn his big check. And for the O-line to have their best game of the season.

dang

Legend
Our defense is very young with some serious holes but have played good for stretches. Rams score 31 against the Pokes and we will win. Barring a rash of turnovers, I believe the Rams defense can hold the Pokes to under 28. So 31 is the magic number. FGs won’t win this game. The Rams need TDs.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
What's our defense good at doing? Playing the pass or at least that's what the numbers say. We don't have many picks (3) or sacks (12) but we still play the pass pretty well.
What's our offense good at doing? Everything.....when we're playing well.
So what should the game plan be?

In their first 3 games the Cowboys had 12 sacks vs 100 dropbacks. And they had just 1 interception. But they lost that game. Their last 3 games they have 4 sacks in 96 dropbacks. But 3 interceptions. And they lost that game too (3 picks vs SF).

In week 3, Arizona ran for 182 yards in the first half vs Dallas. Dobbs had 51 on 2 scrambles. But still, 71 from Conner and 45 from Rondale Moore ain't too shabby. Dobbs was 12 of 15 through the air. They led 21-10 at the half. In the second half, they ran 14 times for 40 yards and Dobbs was 5 of 6 through the air. They didn't score any points but neither did Dallas. Stafford isn't running for 50 yards in 2 halves, so we can forget that. But we should be able to run. And if we can do it well, Stafford should have a great day passing.

In week 5 San Francisco ran 20 times in the first half for 81 yards and 1 TD. Purday was 9 of 15 for 133 with 2 TDs. They led 21-7 at the half. In the second half they ran 21 times for 89 yards with a TD and Purdy was 9 of 10 for 118 with 2 TDs.

Prescott was 25 of 40 for 249, 1-1 vs Arizona and 14 of 24 for 153 vs SF 1-3 but those 3 picks came in the 2nd half. They ran 33 times for 185 vs Arizona and 19 for 57 vs SF. 73 plays vs Arizona and 16 points (with 1 turnover).

We're going to need to excel both on the ground and in the air. I just hope McVay has a game plan that allows us to do that. He did say in his presser he missed a lot of time because of the newborn and he's got some making up to do but trusts LaFleur and the others who put in the work while he was gone. Here's hoping Mike LaFleur has installed some good run plays.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Both our defense and that of Dallas do a great job making QBs look shitty. Passer rating against is a great way to check the overall effiiciency of a pass defense IMO and we're both pretty good there.

1698476134157.png

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Let's hope McVay remembers last season's game vs Dallas. 3 turnovers and a blocked punt. 22-10. It started out bad and got worse. A strip sack on the third play of the game (all dropbacks), returned for a TD. A blocked punt on the ensuing possession that the Cowboys (Maher) converted into 3 points. Trailing 16-10 at the half, which seemed like a minor miracle, we amassed 86 second half yards. We had a missed FG, a RZ turnover late and fittingly, a fumble at the end of the game. Run the fooking ball!!!!

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Let's hope McVay remembers last season's game vs Dallas. 3 turnovers and a blocked punt. 22-10. It started out bad and got worse. A strip sack on the third play of the game (all dropbacks), returned for a TD. A blocked punt on the ensuing possession that the Cowboys (Maher) converted into 3 points. Trailing 16-10 at the half, which seemed like a minor miracle, we amassed 86 second half yards. We had a missed FG, a RZ turnover late and fittingly, a fumble at the end of the game. Run the fooking ball!!!!
Heck, let's hope he remembers last week.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i've decided i'm not going to watch this game. i'm not waking up at 4am to see crap play and refs screwing the rams.

that dpi call on witherspoon broke me. i already felt bad seeing the d make the putrid stealers offense look like the gsot in the 4th qtr then they finally make a stop and the ref throws a flag when witherspoon didn't even touch that shit stealers wr? i was done. then two plays later they move the spot a half yard forward so the stealers could win the game.

the nfl can go fuck itself.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Noteboom at RT if Havenstien is out. Stafford better be thinking about getting the ball out quick.
He can’t if McVays routes are all 20-30 yards downfield and the backs are in blocking.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I wonder if McVay has ever even considered mixing up his personnel groupings more instead of these 90% + 11 personnel sets.
IMO, it would be so unexpected, it would probably shock and throw some defensive coordinators off.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He can’t if McVays routes are all 20-30 yards downfield and the backs are in blocking.
Tomlin had his boys all over our hots and route combos and Stafford wasn't anticipating rushers for shit. So I imagine that stuff has been nuked hard and I think 9 will be set up for success. But that said the line of course still has to hold up.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Think this defense is going to let the Cowboys pass all over it. Specifically check downs to Pollard since Morris' scheme is allergic to covering running backs coming out of the backfield. Ceedee has a field day against whoever covers him.

On offense we put together a few scoring drives but resort to getting pass happy once we go down single digits. We lose another lineman to injury.

Rams 17, Cowgirls 31

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I just have a feeling that we're going to get absolutely destroyed this game.

I can't help but feel differently about it.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I wonder if McVay has ever even considered mixing up his personnel groupings more instead of these 90% + 11 personnel sets.
IMO, it would be so unexpected, it would probably shock and throw some defensive coordinators off.

We've been saying this about mcvay for 3 or 4 seasons now. Lol