PREGAME Lets Talk Cowboys - Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Rob Havenstein apparently popped up on today’s injury report with a calf issue.

In other news, @oldnotdead was seen in Inglewood chatting with Tonya Harding.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Abandon all hope. The Cowboys are winning by 78 points. A random kid with down syndrome from the crowd will throw the last TD.
I was hoping you'd swoop in here and tempt the football Gods. Thanks! :beer2::woozy2:

oldnotdead

Legend
The way you slow down the pass rusn is to run right at the SOBs. The advantage switches to the OL. They need to use Royce as their lead RB. A power run attack between the tackles will slow down the pass rush. The DL will condense and make it easier to pass block. IMO that is the key to beating the Cowboys. Get the DL on their heels then pass. Quick developing routes. Probably a big day for Higbee if he plays.

The Cowboy defense is the strength of this team. Beat their defense and you beat the Boys. Score early and make Dak play from behind and he will turn the ball over.The Cowboy secondary is good but they haven't faced Stafford and a WR group as good as Kupp, Nacua and Atwell. The Cowboys play a base nickel so running the ball against a light box is a must.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I’m betting the jersey you wore when the Cowboys won their last Super Bowl was a onesie made by Oshkosh B’Gosh.
Damn, straight. With my Cabbage Patch Doll in hand. In high school I ended up shaving the doll's head, and piercing his nose.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I read this morning Cowboys have won 10 in a row at home.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe this is live on sky for us lucky enough to live this side of the pond.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This kinda feels like a Mcvay Achilles heel game. Dallas has a nasty pass rush. Hoping I'm wrong but I can see if playing right into their game.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
The Cowboys D started out like a house of fire with 10 sacks in their first two games. They have 6 in the last 4 games (2-2-1-1). They scored 3 defensive TDs and a ST TD in their first 4 games, none in the last two.

On offense, after scoring 70 (57 on offense) in their first 2 games, they've scored 6 TDs and 9 FGs in the last 4 (17.2 PPG). They averaged 4.1 ypc on the ground (137 - 565) in the first 4 games and in their last two games just 3.4 (45 - 153). And they've allowed 12 sacks in the last 3 games (3 - 4 - 5) after allowing just 3 in their first 3 games. They've scored 10 TDs in 6 games (6 passing; 4 rushing) on the year.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
This will be a boom or bust game. If mcvay doesn't play into Dallas game plan we have a chance. If we do it'll be a long day.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I don't see us winning this one. That last game took the excitement out of me. If we can't beat a marginal team I don't see us beating a legit playoff team.
Yeah, I hate to say it, but same here. I don't think I will watch any more games this season.... Live anyway. I will watch replays if I think it's worth it. The Rams broke me last week, haha. I really wish I didn't care as much as I do... It's pathetic..and I am sure I will get flamed for even posting this. So be it. I will be playing golf Sunday and enjoying time with friends.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Yeah, I hate to say it, but same here. I don't think I will watch any more games this season.... Live anyway. I will watch replays if I think it's worth it. The Rams broke me last week, haha. I really wish I didn't care as much as I do... It's pathetic..and I am sure I will get flamed for even posting this. So be it. I will be playing golf Sunday and enjoying time with friends.
Being retired I play my golf on weekdays. Not as busy. And the online deals make it cheaper. Even though my expectations were lowered after that game, they aren't any different than they were before the season.

I expected them to be a team that loses more than they win. I think last game showed that is who they are. But I will still watch. I want to see Puka in action. And guys like Young and Turner continue to develop.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Rams can win this but there's no room for error. I think McVay has to let Stafford get the ball out quick and not get carried away with the pass game like he tends too.

As for other things is it true Stafford is playing with pain? He looked fine to me against the Steelers and made some great escapes. Thing is though, he has to spread the ball more. He's not going to Tutu like he should and was before Kupp returned. No doubt those two have it going on but he has to spread the ball to keep the defense honest.

The Ram defense has done well but their penalties come at the worst times. They gotta have better discipline in their play because if they can't keep the QB contained he'll have a field day running.
You summed it up perfectly.

McVay has some great coaching attributes. How he falls into some bad habits is somewhat odd. This has been a problem as long as he’s been here. I would think he’d do a deep dive into how he can correct this.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We only get 16 (check that 17 now) of these a year man. I love golf as much as the next person but I can play the rest of the year....

Maybe thats why we cant fill SoFi???!?!?!?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
We only get 16 (check that 17 now) of these a year man. I love golf as much as the next person but I can play the rest of the year....

Maybe thats why we cant fill SoFi???!?!?!?
Well, that and I am in Maryland, which makes going to Rams home games a bit difficult. :)

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see this one going well for us. They have the super OL and DL, and even though I think we're better overall outside of those spots, I think their DL will overwhelm our OL and it could get ugly. Will be presently surprised if we're competitive, similar to how I felt against the Niners.

Real season begins in Green Bay the following week.