Lets talk about the Ravens...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
We're wearing the mustard unis

D80D39AD-58DC-4122-8C6A-22B600F2D481.jpeg

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love our defense, but they can only do so much in this game. The Ravens are an offensive team with a mediocre defense - only way we win is if our offense lights them up and puts up 30+

RamsInfiniti

Rookie
Recipe for a huge Rams upset...

1. Stuff Ingram and the Ravens' run game. Doing that puts them in consistent favorable third downs for the Rams which will leach the QB's off-sched magic.

2. Contain with the rush. Make Jackson throw from the pocket a bit more than he wants to.

3. Stay balanced on offense. Baltimore can be had in the run game. Keep our young linemen firing off even if it means some extra punting and field position play.

4. Take shots against Peters. Peters hasn't changed. He's a gambler who will be focused in, but Peters is gonna be Peters. Double move him and take shots over the top. The Ravens' pass defense is like the Emperor's clothes IMO, they can be had. That is not an elite secondary and time will prove me right on that, hopefully it's the Rams that start the trend.

Sounds about right. For me, I think Los Ramos need to run it 30-35 times, and take no less than 5-6 deep shots down the field.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rams defense prepares to face "this era's Michael Vick" in Ravens QB Lamar Jackson

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Lamar Jackson's ability to make big plays with both his arm and his legs makes him more difficult to contain than most at his position, especially this season.

How difficult, exactly?

Rams defensive coordinator Wade Phillips called the Ravens quarterback "this era's Michael Vick. Michael Vick-plus."

Rams quarterback John Wolford, tasked with playing the role of Jackson against their first team defense in practice this week, said he doesn't think they've ever seen someone like him who can excel in both areas as well as he does.

And not one inch of the field is safe.

"The ability for the defense to have to defend every blade of grass, they make you do that every single play," Wolford told theRams.com after practice Wednesday. "(Head coach) Sean (McVay) said it today, normally you're playing 11 on 10, right? You don't account for the quarterback in the run game. It's 11 on 11, so one missed tackle, and sh--, he's gone."

Los Angeles' defense is hoping to avoid that same scene which has played out multiple times for opposing teams through the first 11 weeks of the season.

Entering Week 12, Jackson has been sacked only 18 times across 10 games, a credit to his escapability, ability to get rid of the ball quickly as a passer and Baltimore's offensive line. He's avoided 29 tackles after a rush this season, according to scouting service Pro Football Focus, most of any QB by 16.

Rams DT Aaron Donald said he's not surprised opposing defenders haven't been able to get a clean hit on him.

"Nah. You see how he's moving? He's just making plays," Donald said. "The way he moves, the things he can do, it's just pretty special. We've just got to try to find a way get him down."

As for that lofty comparison, Phillips can back it up because he has perspective on Jackson's talent few other coaches do, having served as the Falcons' defensive coordinator in Vick's second and third seasons in Atlanta.

“Pretty similar in a lot of ways, certainly," Phillips said. "Both of them (Jackson and Vick) are great runners. Mike was similar that he didn’t throw many interceptions and he had that flick of the wrist that he could throw the ball downfield."

Both Phillips and Donald cited execution as being key to stopping the Jackson-led Ravens offense.

"You got to really tackle well against these people and that’s easier said than done," Phillips said. "We’ve seen a lot of missed tackles, especially on the quarterback.”

In an Instagram post, Rams CB Jalen Ramsey shared photos of his postgame encounter with Vick – coincidentally a guest at last Sunday's game against the Bears – and posted the following question as his caption:

"Soo uhh @mikevick how would you stop someone like … well kinda like yourself but the 2019 version?? I need tips for the game."

Vick's response:

"Tough question bruh... see the reality is this... Lamar is Mike Vick 2019, but with an offense built around his skill, which makes it hard to say. I wouldn't know what to do against a guy kinda like myself.

"#giveiteverythingyougot."

RamWoodie

Legend
Recipe for a huge Rams upset...
I don't see it as an upset. These are two good teams.

The Rams will be at full compliment and the only thing I'm concerned with is how McVay calls this game offensively. That's the one thing that has been a surprise this year for me.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
We have the personel to stop Jackson, if Wade Can devise the right game plan.

Lots of fast quick short defenders:

Weedle
NRC
Christian
Hill
Rapp
Ramsey
plus extra speed with Donald and Littleton and Folwer.

If wade puts Reeder on the field i’ll blow a gasket.

Haha, but did you SEE that big hit Reeder had against the Bears?

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I think were going to win this game but if we don't i'll be glade to eat crow or do I mean ravens.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
FUCK THE RAVENS!!!

no content but thats my mood right now
Let's talk about the Ravens? :unsure:

The entire NFL has been...... & continues to talk up another very big North Eastern city NFL team. :sick:

All I want for Christmas (after) is for the KC Chiefs & a healthy Patrick Mahomes gets a good hard lick @ these Ravens in the playoffs in KC.
Okay I have now spoken about the Ravens......:later:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't see it as an upset. These are two good teams.

The Rams will be at full compliment and the only thing I'm concerned with is how McVay calls this game offensively. That's the one thing that has been a surprise this year for me.
Well i disagree with that. Ravens are favored by 3 despite being the road team.
Ravens have the better record, the front running MVP at QB, they've won 6 straight. Etc etc.

A Rams win is an upset outside of our beloved Rams community here. No question about it.

RamnSD

Rookie
Name
RamnSD
As for the Rams, the ability for the OL to open holes for the running game and protect Goff is the key to the game. We all know that the Rams defense is capable. The key is to prevent the Ravens from running away with it due to the Rams offensive ineptness. It would be great if the Rams could get the outside zone runs working.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
As for the Rams, the ability for the OL to open holes for the running game and protect Goff is the key to the game. We all know that the Rams defense is capable. The key is to prevent the Ravens from running away with it due to the Rams offensive ineptness. It would be great if the Rams could get the outside zone runs working.
Maybe at the end of the game like the Bears. I fully expect the Ravens to drop 8 in the box since we had so much success with the run game last week. Ravens will depend on their vet 2dary to contain our WR threats. Hopefully, they didn't watch the end of the 3rd to the 4th where Goff was dropping dimes in.

I expect big receiving games out of our TEs and some moderate gashes by our backfield.

oldnotdead

Legend
Expect the Rams to come out with a cover 2 base defense. Wade is going to have to play a lot more zone defenses than he really likes. But with a running QB he simply has no choice. IMO the play of the front 7 will be key in this game. They need to apply quick pressure but in a more controlled manner than they normally would. Containment will be key, don't let Lamar take over this game with is running. Force him to throw with little time to read and hope your DBs maintain tight coverage.

This is where Weddle's high minded I know a lot about the Ravens but I'm not going to tell you is complete BS. Route tendencies and especially how to play particular receivers and their tendencies could make a huge difference. You better believe Peters is spilling his guts. Either you are 100% a Ram or your not and Weddle isn't. So screw him and his high horse. He's a self righteous fake ass. He spilled his guts about the Chargers when he was a Raven and said as much.

I expect the Rams to come out running. They need a huge run game this Monday to win this game. Controlling the clock is more important this game than most. Limit Lamar's snaps, and most of all force him to play from behind. He's more likely to force some balls and provide the defense with turnover opportunities.

Most of all the Rams need to play a clean game with no drops, mistakes, penalties and turnovers. They need to play their best game of the season. If they do they can win this game, which IMO is the toughest game remaining on their schedule. This is the biggest hurdle in running the table.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rams coach Wade Phillips lauds Lamar Jackson as NFL's MVP

Lamar Jackson has become the front-runner to win the NFL MVP award. Jackson's MVP bandwagon just gained a new member in Rams defensive coordinator Wade Phillips, who lauded Jackson and the Ravens' rushing attack ahead of Monday night's game between Los Angeles and Baltimore.

Phillips, who has coached with and against a slew of gifted offensive players throughout his 44-year NFL coaching career, said himself on Thursday that Jackson is the league's MVP at this point in the season. Jackson, the NFL's current leader in Pro Bowl fan voting, has completed 66.3 percent of his passes with 19 touchdowns. Jackson has also rushed for 781 yards and six touchdowns while averaging a league best 6.7 yards per carry.

"The MVP so far this year," Phillips said of Jackson, via ESPN's Lindsey Thiry. "Having a great year. Their offense is scoring 34 points a game. They have a prolific running game. I was (coaching) back when Earl Campbell ran for 200 yards in four games, and this group's averaging 200 yards a game.

"Way back then, when I started, there were few teams that would average 200," Phillips continued. "But nowadays, nobody's even close to it. They're (averaging) 50 yards per game rushing more than anybody else, and they control the clock and score a lot of points."

Phillips is right. Baltimore's offense, through 10 games, is averaging just over 203 rushing yards per game, 54 more yards per game than the second highest team, the 49ers. Jackson's success on the ground has been complemented by Mark Ingram, who signed with the Ravens this past offseason after spending his first nine seasons with the Saints. The 30-year-old Ingram has fit like a glove in Baltimore's offense, rushing for 667 yards and a team-high eight touchdowns while averaging 4.9 yards per carry. Their success has helped Baltimore lead the league in scoring while also ranking second in third down efficiency and seventh in red zone efficiency.

When was the last time Phillips has seen an offense like Baltimore's? He had to go back to the early 2000s, when he was practicing against the Falcons' offense as Atlanta's defensive coordinator. That team featured the rushing combo of Warrick Dunn and Michael Vick, arguably the greatest running quarterback in league history. In 2002, the duo helped Atlanta average 148 rushing yards per game, as the Falcons -- on the strength of their running game -- handed Brett Favre his first playoff loss at Lambeau Field.

"The unusual part of that is that their quarterback is their leading rusher," Phillips said of the Ravens. "They're a great running team, and a part of it is the quarterback gets a lot of rushing yards, too. Had a little bit of that in Atlanta with Michael Vick and Warrick Dunn, but I don't think we averaged nearly what these guys (are getting now). If I didn't already, they've given me more white hair preparing for a game like this."

The difference between Jackson and Vick is in the passing numbers. While Vick was an above average thrower, he never had a season throwing the ball like the year Jackson is currently enjoying. Jackson's maturation as a passer has undoubtedly led to more success for himself, Ingram and the rest of Baltimore's ballcarriers. With defenses primed to stop the run, Jackson has taken advantage of openings in opposing secondaries. Jackson has also been aided by the consistent play of his stellar offensive line that includes tackles Orlando Brown and Ronnie Stanley, guards Matt Skura and Marshal Yanda, and center Bradley Bozeman.

While Phillips is on the money with regard to Jackson's current MVP status, the next three weeks will largely determine whether or not Jackson remains the MVP front-runner. After their primetime matchup with the Rams, Jackson and the Ravens will host the one-loss Rams before facing the Bills' gritty defense in Buffalo.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Goff is sporting a 118 Qb rating when theres little pressure and the ravens, surprisingly, rank 31st in that category in addition to being 23rd in sacks. They also suck in rush defense so i expect alot of gurley early and a resurgence of successful play action leading to a big day for goff and our recievers. Its really a nice matchup for the rams and Alot of people are going to be surprised by how successful their offense will be monday night.

Weddle is 2nd in tackles and will be making plays all over the field. I know what he said but I think in the heat of battle he'll do whatever it takes to win. Just hope any new info wont come to late to be useful.

Donald clay littleton and rapp will force jackson to throw more and ramsey will make that option less appealing.

Were going to love watching this game and by the time its over, a different narrative for the rams begins.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
In this game I want to see Mcvay stay with the run even though his WRs are back. Less penalties especially in crucial moments. Stop the opposing offense before mid field so we're not starting inside our 15. The OL continues its success from last week.

We can win this game but i don't think there will be much room for error.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
In this game I want to see Mcvay stay with the run even though his WRs are back. Less penalties especially in crucial moments. Stop the opposing offense before mid field so we're not starting inside our 15. The OL continues its success from last week.

We can win this game but i don't think there will be much room for error.

Hopefully our OL will continue to impress and we sustain our drives. That will be all our D needs.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Game Preview: Rams host Ravens seeking to move to 3-0 on MNF under McVay

The Rams (6-4) and the Ravens (8-2) will square off at 5:15 pacific time on Monday, with Los Angeles looking to move to 3-0 on Monday Night Football under head coach Sean McVay.

The two teams last met in the regular season on November 22, 2015 in Baltimore. Overall, it will be just the seventh regular season meeting between them.

To get you ready for the contest, theRams.com compiled a quick preview featuring who to watch, what to watch for on offense and defense for both the Rams and the Ravens and three keys to victory for L.A.

Five players to watch
  • Rams S Eric Weddle: He won't be sharing insight on the Ravens out of respect to his former teammates, but even with keeping those details to himself, Weddle will likely still have an idea internally on how he should defend some of Baltimore's playmakers.
  • Rams DT Aaron Donald: Disrupting the Ravens' league-best rushing attack starts with him.
  • Ravens QB Lamar Jackson: This one shouldn't come as a surprise. Rams CB Jalen Ramsey called Jackson the "front-runner for MVP."
  • Ravens CB Marcus Peters: He has two interceptions in four games with Baltimore, and both have been returned for touchdowns.
  • Rams WR Brandin Cooks: The offense should benefit from his return.
What to watch for…

On offense for the Rams

RB Todd Gurley's workload. He had a season-high 25 carries for 97 yards and one touchdown against the Bears defense, which, similar to the Ravens defense, entered last Sunday's game with a top 10 run defense. It's a small sample size, but it showed the Rams were able to lean on him against one of the league's best run-stopping teams.

On offense for the Ravens

Jackson and RB Mark Ingram rightly deserve the bulk of the attention, given that they're both big reasons why the Ravens have the No. 1 rushing offense in the NFL. However, that doesn't mean Ravens receivers should be ignored.

Baltimore is generating big plays in the passing game, too, and often times rookie WR Marquise Brown and second-year TE Mark Andrews are on the receiving end of those.

Andrews is the Ravens' leading receiver with 598 yards, averaging 12.5 yards per catch, followed by Brown with 477. Brown is averaging a team-high 15.9 yards per catch.
On defense for the Rams

The number of risks taken, or if they opt for a more cautious approach instead.

Blitz and the load the box often in an attempt to prevent Jackson from beating you with his legs – or Ingram's effectiveness in the run game – and L.A.'s defense is still vulnerable to an explosive play through the air via Jackson's arm. Sit back and try to prevent the deep ball, and Baltimore rides its run game.

There's a balance somewhere in between the two methods, and that will be something to keep an eye on.

On defense for the Ravens

Besides Peters, third-year CB Marlon Humphrey is another member of the Ravens' secondary to pay attention to. He's got the 24th-best coverage grade out of 190 corners evaluated by Pro Football Focus this season.

LB Matthew Judon has led the charge for Baltimore's pass rush with a team-high six sacks and figures to be a key assignment for the Rams' offensive line as a result.

Three keys to victory
  1. Contain Jackson: He's going to make plays, but it will be critical to prevent the explosive ones.
  2. Control the time of possession: The best way to contain Jackson is by keeping the ball out of his hands and making him a spectator as long as possible. This also places extra importance on establishing the run game.
  3. Take some shots in the passing game: Similar to the Bears defense, if there's one area where the Rams can afford to take some risks, it's through the air. Big plays by Gurley and wide receivers Cooper Kupp and Josh Reynolds via QB Jared Goff helped set up scoring opportunities for the Rams offense against the Bears last week.