Lets talk about the Ravens...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
Tackle Tackle Tackle. Jackson is more dangerous than Wilson. He has an extra gear that very few have.

I don't think you can play man, at least not all the time. Jackson will take off and the secondary will have their backs to him giving him wide open spaces. As @Ram77 mixing some controlled blitzes to hurry Jackson up. They have to stay in their lanes on the read option. If possible controlled pressure which they didn't do against Wilson earl;y this year.

Similar game plan as against the Bears with more passing. They have to keep moving the chains and get a ball controlled offense yet, they need to creative on third downs. Get Goff in a rhythm early with a few easy completions. Mistake free offense with few penalties and no turnovers. Take some deep shots to loosen up the defense.

tempests

Hall of Fame

remember back in 2003 when the rams played the ravens on mnf? in the opening sequence of the pre game show ray lewis was talking about how the rams were a finesse team and the ravens played real football.

then the game started. bulger was a like a little child in a room of full of mean men. he was just there to get a front row seat of an arse whipping the rams d gave the ravens offense. it was worse than that, the ravens were raped and beaten up on primetime tv. it started with faulk carrying lewis into the endzone then the d went to work and maybe got at least 30 turnovers and a few tds the rest of the game.

the rams showed the ravens what real football looked like and shoved it up their arse.

please do it again this monday night.

That was one of the strangest games ever played in the history of this franchise. Rams managed 121 yards on offense but scored 33 points.

RamWoodie

Legend
Thing is...I think the Rams are exactly the type of team to beat the Ravens. A fast defense with corners that will tackle.

On offense the Ravens won't be able to lock down on one WR...they gotta play them all...and that's where McVay comes in.

What's his game plan? Will he use his TEs and RBs in the pass game?

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
We have a really good secondary in the making.
I think for the first time in a long time our secondary is becoming one of the strengths of this defense. Hill and Rapp are playing lights out and Ramsey is fast becoming one of my favorite Rams. I did not even mention Weddle who is like having a coach on the field, I have always loved this guy, as a player.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Jackson is 10th in the league in rushing yards among ALL players. Tenth!
Ingram is 12th.

So that old cliche of just stop the run is a dramatic understatement here.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I've seen quite a few Ravens games this year. They execute up front, line up and run it, run it again and throw a ton to the TE's. It's not a complicated offense(the Pistol). It's just that when Jackson decides to run he gets CHUNKS and his TE's have good hands.

RamsInfiniti

Rookie
Can't help but wonder, given the Raven's weak WR's, that if blitzing CB and S against Jackson frequently could cause him serious issues. I wouldn't even worry about getting much interior pressure on Jackson. Hold the gaps in the run game, force pressure from the outside, and bottle him up.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
I think you play zone against Lamar, slow rush and Mathews/SJD please stay in your lane. I still expect them to zone spy on Jackson on 3rd downs. I think that guy has to be Christian or Littleton. I dont like putting Christian on one of those big TEs. I like rapp in coverage hes been great against bigger dudes. That guy is such a solid pick up. Hes had his ups and downs but really good for a rookie.

I'd just put one of my best tacklers on Jackson.

Ramsey I'd almost put him on Andrew's. Hill and long can man up, if they struggle switch it up

Good post.
I like Littleton on Jackson.
Jackson will be instantly aware of where Donald and Fowler are as they are big, nimble guys and if they're being taken out of the play.
Really need the DL to cause havoc.
Littleton is a good playmaker so i think he's a likely candidate should anyone be put on Jackson.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Rams call Ravens the best team, Lamar Jackson the best player in NFL
usatsi_13681152.jpg

Cameron DaSilva

6 hours ago

Having played four teams at or below .500 in their last four games, the Los Angeles Rams haven’t exactly been tested in recent weeks. They’ve gone 3-1 in that stretch, but the last playoff contender they faced was the 49ers in Week 6.

If they’re looking for a test – a measuring-stick game, if you will – they’ll get one on Monday night at the Coliseum. The Ravens are coming to town, being viewed by many as the best team in the league. They’ve won each of their last four games by at least 14 points, including victories over the Seahawks, Patriots and Texans.

The Rams know their next game is going to be a challenge, saying as much after their win over the Bears on Sunday. Eric Weddle tweeted his excitement over their Week 11 win, while simultaneously calling the Ravens the best team in the league.

Todd Gurley didn’t praise the Ravens to the extent that Weddle did – he did say “they’re looking like one of the best teams in the league – but he did throw a huge compliment Lamar Jackson’s way. He called the second-year quarterback the best player in the NFL right now and compared him to Michael Vick, who was at the Coliseum on Sunday.
“Best player in the league right now,” he told reporters. “He’s killing it. We had Vick here today and he’s the next thing closest to him. I mean, he’s amazing. Super proud of him.”
Clay Matthews was asked in the locker room if he’s excited to face Jackson on Monday night. His sarcastic response says everything you need to know about how he feels.
“Am I excited?” he said with a smile. “Any time you get to face an elite opponent, it’s not fun when they’re making plays against you, but it’s fun to have that opportunity to go against them, test your prowess and see who comes out on top. They’re playing very well, he’s playing outstanding and you’re right, obviously a front-runner in the MVP race.”
This will undoubtedly be the Rams’ toughest test yet, and they’re well aware of just how difficult an opponent the Ravens will be.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Rams call Ravens the best team, Lamar Jackson the best player in NFL
usatsi_13681152.jpg

Cameron DaSilva

6 hours ago

Having played four teams at or below .500 in their last four games, the Los Angeles Rams haven’t exactly been tested in recent weeks. They’ve gone 3-1 in that stretch, but the last playoff contender they faced was the 49ers in Week 6.

If they’re looking for a test – a measuring-stick game, if you will – they’ll get one on Monday night at the Coliseum. The Ravens are coming to town, being viewed by many as the best team in the league. They’ve won each of their last four games by at least 14 points, including victories over the Seahawks, Patriots and Texans.

The Rams know their next game is going to be a challenge, saying as much after their win over the Bears on Sunday. Eric Weddle tweeted his excitement over their Week 11 win, while simultaneously calling the Ravens the best team in the league.

Todd Gurley didn’t praise the Ravens to the extent that Weddle did – he did say “they’re looking like one of the best teams in the league – but he did throw a huge compliment Lamar Jackson’s way. He called the second-year quarterback the best player in the NFL right now and compared him to Michael Vick, who was at the Coliseum on Sunday.
“Best player in the league right now,” he told reporters. “He’s killing it. We had Vick here today and he’s the next thing closest to him. I mean, he’s amazing. Super proud of him.”
Clay Matthews was asked in the locker room if he’s excited to face Jackson on Monday night. His sarcastic response says everything you need to know about how he feels.
“Am I excited?” he said with a smile. “Any time you get to face an elite opponent, it’s not fun when they’re making plays against you, but it’s fun to have that opportunity to go against them, test your prowess and see who comes out on top. They’re playing very well, he’s playing outstanding and you’re right, obviously a front-runner in the MVP race.”
This will undoubtedly be the Rams’ toughest test yet, and they’re well aware of just how difficult an opponent the Ravens will be.

I hope Matthews rushes with discipline. He lost contain against RW, and come to think about it, he was on that defense that let Kaep run wild in that NFC championship game.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
IMO the field will play to the Rams advantage, Jackson will be slipping a lot. He wont be able to cut on a dime and juke defenders out of their jocks on what we know will be a slick field.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
IMO the field will play to the Rams advantage, Jackson will be slipping a lot. He wont be able to cut on a dime and juke defenders out of their jocks on what we know will be a slick field.
ahh..... good call. I hope so. But this cuts both ways - Kupp / Woods / Cooks can't cut either, neither can Gurley or Hendo.
In the end I think a sloppy field will hurt Jackson more.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
ahh..... good call. I hope so. But this cuts both ways - Kupp / Woods / Cooks can't cut either, neither can Gurley or Hendo.
In the end I think a sloppy field will hurt Jackson more.
Corners often have to cut with receivers and at ill advised angles. They could be more prone to slipping. Applies to both teams corners unfortunately.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Unlike others, I hope they show up with their A game. Beat them at their best. We have the players on D to make it happen.

Our weak link is Goff, if he pulls his head out of his arse Monday, we have an excellent chance to win. (That's a big IF, imo)

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Unlike others, I hope they show up with their A game. Beat them at their best. We have the players on D to make it happen.

Our weak link is Goff, if he pulls his head out of his arse Monday, we have an excellent chance to win. (That's a big IF, imo)

Goff is not our weak link.

Our weak link remains our OL until proven otherwise.

Yeah the OL exceeded expectations vs the Bears, but our expectations were SO low. Hell, we expected to be abused and humiliated.

Even then the OL gots tons of help from TE’s and playcalling, both of which limited Goff’s options.

I’m optimistic about the future with this OL, but let’s don’t kid ourselves. This OL ain’t there yet.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Goff is not our weak link.

Our weak link remains our OL until proven otherwise.

Yeah the OL exceeded expectations vs the Bears, but our expectations were SO low. Hell, we expected to be abused and humiliated.

Even then the OL gots tons of help from TE’s and playcalling, both of which limited Goff’s options.

I’m optimistic about the future with this OL, but let’s don’t kid ourselves. This OL ain’t there yet.

Agree. Seems the Ravens coaches may have to work overtime to adjust to the new & improved Rams OL. It was one thing to gameplan Goff minus an adequate OL, quite another if both pass pro & rush defense is working much more smoothly for us. What a difference a week can make. Lets just hope that inspiring young OL which did such a fine job against Chicago continues to build momentum and stymies the best plans of the Ravens. Having Cooks back is vital, getting Woods back could also reshape the outcome, hopefully we can go into this next game at full strength. jmo.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Rams are home underdogs for first time in 2 years with Ravens visiting

gettyimages-1183187344.jpg

Cameron DaSilva

November 19, 2019 8:54 am ET

For just the second time all year, the Los Angeles Rams won’t be the betting favorites over their opponent. And for the first time since Week 17 of the 2017 season when the Rams rested their starters, they’re home underdogs.

That’s what happens when Lamar Jackson and the Baltimore Ravens come to town. According to BetMGM, the Ravens are 3.5-point road favorites over the Rams in Week 12, which is a Monday night matchup on Nov. 25.
This comes as no surprise, given the way each team’s season has gone. Yes, they’re only separated by two games in the overall standings, but the Ravens are second in the NFL in scoring margin (plus-14.5), while the Rams are seventh (plus-4.5).
Baltimore also ranks first in points scored, second in yards and first in rushing across the board. The defense is playing extremely well, too, ranking sixth in points against and 14th in yards. The Rams are 10th in points and yards allowed.
Baltimore has been absolutely dominant in its last four games, too. The Ravens have scored at least 30 points in each game, beating the Seahawks by 14 points, the Patriots by 17, the Bengals by 36 and Houston by 34.

The Rams have a fighting chance with the league’s fifth-ranked rush defense, also ranking second in yards per carry allowed. However, they haven’t faced a quarterback with the skill set that Jackson has, which makes this a daunting matchup for the Rams.

Name
Seth Griffith
Someone said it earlier and I had the same thoughts right after listening to the Locked On Rams podcast stuck in traffic.
Rap and Christian alongside Littleton will either be hero’s or zero’s against Lamar. The slow/contain rush is huge. I do see the Ravens TE’s being able to exploit the spying and hope we can get to Lamar and keep him from getting comfortable.

As far as offense, run, run, run and then PA. I actually think either Gurley or Henderson on outside pitches with some consistency would be a good way to grind and keep the Ravens O off the field more.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Someone said it earlier and I had the same thoughts right after listening to the Locked On Rams podcast stuck in traffic.
Rap and Christian alongside Littleton will either be hero’s or zero’s against Lamar. The slow/contain rush is huge. I do see the Ravens TE’s being able to exploit the spying and hope we can get to Lamar and keep him from getting comfortable.

As far as offense, run, run, run and then PA. I actually think either Gurley or Henderson on outside pitches with some consistency would be a good way to grind and keep the Ravens O off the field more.
That's what I was wondering about, and Christian's tackling could be the weak link on that list.