Lets talk about the Ravens...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's what I was wondering about, and Christian's tackling could be the weak link on that list.

I will say Christian has stepped up big time in his role. Do I think hes gonna be a pro bowler? Probably not, hes been solid since JJ went down.
Btw do we get JJ back this season? Or is he completely done for the season-post season

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I would expect the Rams continue with max protection in offense until the Ravens run a 6-1 on the line. Against the 6-1 the Rams would be ill advised to run, but could check to a 2-read pass. Hot receiver is single coverage runs a slant behind the line backer. Second read is a TE chip, followed by a cut to the sideline at the LB level or soft spot in a zone. The MLB either fades to the receiver or covers the TE. Either way the play would result in a 6-10 yard gain.

On defense have Rapp spy Jackson and run cover 1 zone on anything less than 10 yards to go. This would allow Littleton to cover the RB or TE, and allow Rapp to play a shallow zone while spying Jackson. Jackson is susceptible to sacks and blitzes, so we need to dial these up and occasionally switch and disguise coverages to make Jackson hold the ball longer.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I will say Christian has stepped up big time in his role. Do I think hes gonna be a pro bowler? Probably not, hes been solid since JJ went down.
Btw do we get JJ back this season? Or is he completely done for the season-post season
He stepped up in coverage, but this game is going to require solid tackling IMO.

That said, I hope he nails it.

That tip against the Bears almost looked like a designed feint against a young quarterback. Or was he really just recovering do you think?

Last edited:

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
He stepped up in coverage, but this game is going to require solid tackling IMO.

That said, I hope he nails it.

That tip against the Bears almost looked like a designed feint against a young quarterback. Or was he really just recovering do you think?

I think he kind of slipped and then recovered if I remember correctly.

You're right tho, this is a game that he's going to have to be a tackling machine. He's a pretty big dude so he should be able to handle his one on ones but you can bet that the Ravens are going to test him because he's probably still one of the weaker links on our defense. Hopefully he can hold up.

RamWoodie

Legend
The game is going to lean heavily on the Ram defense. They'll need to tackle well and be disciplined on run plays. Especially AD...he has to play the run first! He can't be "pass rush happy" because that's when the Rams can get gashed by the QB.

The Rams have a good LB corps and I think they will be key in this game!

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
They have a Heisman winning, Olympic caliber runner playing qb .

BUT Lamar jackson is starting and not RG3 . And he is alot more electric and has shown good accuracy this season . I say they blitz lamar, dont give him time to hit the deep routes and tight ends running seems . They dont have the best recievers and if they are jammed and not given time, our defense should expose Jackson's few weaknes's.

On offense gurley needs at least 20 touches. Preferably more. He has been running hard and it will help Goff.

Honestly I think Wade shines this week and our boys pull out a big W!

Go rams

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
On defense have Rapp spy Jackson and run cover 1 zone on anything less than 10 yards to go. This would allow Littleton to cover the RB or TE, and allow Rapp to play a shallow zone while spying Jackson
This was my thought as well. Give this assignment to Rapp. CL is going to have his hands full as it is with Ingram and those TE's.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
Judging by the DD tat I'm guessing Dont'e Deayon changed numbers from 38 to 21?

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Marcus Peters isn't an excellent, or even good man to man corner. He's a zone corner and IIRC they wanted Peters to fit into their mainly zone, coverage scheme.

I agree with you in a sense. But with all the heat they're gonna be sending i dont think he has to be.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
They have a Heisman winning, Olympic caliber runner playing qb .

BUT Lamar jackson is starting and not RG3 . And he is alot more electric and has shown good accuracy this season . I say they blitz lamar, dont give him time to hit the deep routes and tight ends running seems . They dont have the best recievers and if they are jammed and not given time, our defense should expose Jackson's few weaknes's.

On offense gurley needs at least 20 touches. Preferably more. He has been running hard and it will help Goff.

Honestly I think Wade shines this week and our boys pull out a big W!

Go rams

See I agree with you but only halfway. I think yes we do blitz him but they have to be really fucking sneaky about it. Here's why, look at all of Lamar's high light reels this season most of them are from teams blitzing him. Because as we know if he gets behind those blitzes theres no one there to catch him and that dude can run a legit 4.3

Damn I need to stop ass kissing this dude. But hes good.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Haha that's kinda funny. Vik, won't ever tell him because hes an retired QB. And I'm pretty sure Ramsey knows it and is totally trolling Vik

the tape tells all. what did the browns do to shut jackson down?

what did teams that shut down vick do? i remember the bucs absolutely stuffing him all game a week after he torched a couple of teams. the answers are there, you just need the players that can do it and are disciplined enough to stick to the game plan.

the seafucks game had me frustrated as hell as the little oompa found a running lane all game long. something he never had against the rams. ill disciplined rushing all game long from the line and rushers. just follow the game plan and don't try to be a hero.

the cheats have to best and purest motto of all time - do your job.

just do your job and good things will happen.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Jalen Ramsey asks Michael Vick for tips to stop Lamar Jackson

The Los Angeles Rams will be the next team to try to contain Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson, but one of their key defenders is trying to get some extra information ahead of the game.

Rams cornerback Jalen Ramsey took to Instagram and posted a picture of himself with Michael Vick, asking in a caption what he’d do to stop “someone … kinda like yourself.”

Vick holds the record for rushing yards by a quarterback in a season, but Jackson is on pace to break it. Jackson is just over 200 yards away from crossing the 1,000 yard mark for the season, which he is sure to do barring injury or rest. In fact, nobody has held Jackson below 50 yards rushing since September, so the Rams are faced with quite the task.

If nothing else, this is a sign of just how much respect Jackson has from his peers. That’s especially something coming from Ramsey, who hasn’t exactly been one to easily praise opposing quarterbacks in the past.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Recipe for a huge Rams upset...

1. Stuff Ingram and the Ravens' run game. Doing that puts them in consistent favorable third downs for the Rams which will leach the QB's off-sched magic.

2. Contain with the rush. Make Jackson throw from the pocket a bit more than he wants to.

3. Stay balanced on offense. Baltimore can be had in the run game. Keep our young linemen firing off even if it means some extra punting and field position play.

4. Take shots against Peters. Peters hasn't changed. He's a gambler who will be focused in, but Peters is gonna be Peters. Double move him and take shots over the top. The Ravens' pass defense is like the Emperor's clothes IMO, they can be had. That is not an elite secondary and time will prove me right on that, hopefully it's the Rams that start the trend.