let Rodger walk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend

Yes ! I do unless Barksdale is beat out like Barksdale beat out Rodger Saffold for the Right OT post !

The player rep for free agent OL Rodger Saffold is telling people his client doesn't want to play right tackle.

Saffold either wants to be a guard or left tackle. Saffold's willingness to play guard increases the chances St. Louis re-signings him, because that's where coach Jeff Fisher believes Saffold best fits. If Saffold does reach the open market, "several teams" are expected to pursue him. He turns 26 in June.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5856/rodger-saffold

"according to Herman(agent). He’d rather not play right tackle."
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_347318e9-a482-5fcf-84f3-fc0079d7d978.html
Barksdale can play RT, and Rams want Saffold to be a guard anyways. Fisher has raved about how great of a guard he is. I really really hope we re-sign him.

F. Mulder

Starter
Barksdale can play RT, and Rams want Saffold to be a guard anyways. Fisher has raved about how great of a guard he is. I really really hope we re-sign him.
I still think Rodger, and some other team, see him as a Tackle not Guard.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If he wants to be a hooker about the money, then I agree with the OP. Quinn and Bradford are worth a big contract, not Saffold. He's worth an average contract with nice incentives based on health. It's the only way to do it. Rams FO said they'd offer him a "fair" contract, that's fair. Is injuries cannot be overlooked.

jap

Legend
I think it was extremely obvious to Beetlejuice that he was far, far more effective at guard than he has been at tackle. Rodger pointed out that he has to be quicker getting his hands up at the guard spot, more so than at tackle, because the DT's are right there in your face. Still, by playing in a phone booth rather than out in space, he doesn't have to risk overextending himself nearly as much in an effort to get speed rushers, thereby reducing that type of injury risk.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
And seems to stay on the field and not on the ole' golf cart with a flat bed.

Yes Saffold has one of the worse injury history's for such a young OL'er when he was the starting OLT for this team. Can anyone name me a OL'er with a more extensive injury history in only four NFL seasons??????

Saffolds working history @ ORT is very short & in truth Saffold only started three games @ Right OT. Of those three starts he had a dislocated shoulder causing him to miss the rest of the four games of pre season. Meaning Saffold first start @ ORT resulted in an injury that was the first game of the pre season injured on the first series. His second start @ ORT was the first regular season game last season which he did make it through with injury. The third & final start @ Right OT was when he was injured (early once again) with a 3rd grade MCL strain in his knee Saffold never did start @ right OT again. He was out till week 10 when he was rotated in on some series @ ORT.

So yes Saffold did rotate in & out @ ORT with Barksdale as he was trying to get back to playing health but it was obvious to all of us who observed his play @ ORT that Saffold was not very good @ Right OT. One of Boudreau's WWC's Joe Barksdale was better. After the knee injury to Harvey Dahl & Shelley Smith's laying another egg on the field in relief of Dahl for 1 1/4 games Saffold finally was inserted into one of his two best OL positions. Conclusion that we have taken in is that Saffold for those six games @ OG was not injured! It was not till he started his first game in 2013 @ OLT that Saffold was injured and helped off the field in game #17.