let Rodger walk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ontilllit

UDFA
Name
ontilllit
Let him walk unless he is really reasonable. At first l wanted the rams to poney up the money to keep him. Looking at it now i have a change of heart. Is he really good ? Yes Can he play g and ot ? Yes. Looking at it deeper is it really worth it ? no. Hes only been averaging 9 starts a year in hes last three years. With a deep draft. Just let him walk.

jjab360

Legend
The more I look at it, the more I realize we need him to stay. He was a stud at OG last year, and the only other player on the roster with meaningful experience at LT. Without him, assuming we let Dahl go, we have pretty much nobody worth anything at OG and nobody with any experience at LT if Long isn't ready to go at the beginning of next season.

Psycho_X

Legend
I think it's safe to say we will pay him top guard money to stay but we will not pay him average tackle money to stay. Depends on if he wants to stay here and be a pro bowl caliber guard or go some where else and be an average tackle. Money talks so I am guessing he is gone.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
You might be right but it's a risky move. Letting him walk means we have to devote another draft pick to OL and there is no guarantee they will make the transition well to the NFL. OL is one thing that I wouldn't neglect because it dictates the success of your whole offense.

tonyl711

Starter
Set aside an amount of money for an OG, preferably Saffold but if not still use it (or some at least) on an OG.
agreed, I wouldn't break the bank for him, but I would pay him in the top 10 OG money, its worth it because he is a very good OG and can also be used at both OT spots if needed. we also need to draft an OG within the first 3 or 4 rounds IMO, maybe even get one in FA.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I don't think the Rams are "letting him walk"...but I think they will put a value on him and proceed accordingly. If another team is willing to go all in on him then I don't think the Rams will match.

He'd be great to have back but you can't argue if the Rams are gun shy in giving him big money.

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
I'd rather sign Alex Mack than re-sign Saffold. Mack hasn't missed a game in his 5 year career, and has been to 2 pro bowls, at 28 years old.

Also, Fisher seems to like spending his money on the Center position. He paid quite a bit to get an older Scott Wells a couple years ago, as he did in 2006 to get an aging Kevin Mawae.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't know how much I buy in to the we can use him at OT theory. We did that twice in 2013 and he was injured twice once at ORT and once at OLT where he did not finish the one game we needed him there.

Another young option Shawn Lauvao

jjab360

Legend
I'd rather sign Alex Mack than re-sign Saffold. Mack hasn't missed a game in his 5 year career, and has been to 2 pro bowls, at 28 years old.

Also, Fisher seems to like spending his money on the Center position. He paid quite a bit to get an older Scott Wells a couple years ago, as he did in 2006 to get an aging Kevin Mawae.
No thanks. Mack will cost a lot more money playing a position of less impact where we just drafted a highly regarded prospect in the fourth round last year.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Try to keep Saffold, and that will allow us flexibility and options going into the draft.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
To be honest; sign Incognito and use the Rodger dollars elsewhere. He's a good player, but history shows he's not going to hold up.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Ugh. Just say no on Incognito. We know exactly who and what he is (which is ironic if you think about it) and we'd be better off with a rookie who might be less talented but isn't a headcase.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ugh. Just say no on Incognito. We know exactly who and what he is (which is ironic if you think about it) and we'd be better off with a rookie who might be less talented but isn't a headcase.

Fair enough.

But; don't you think he's ripe to prove himself?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Fair enough.

I think he's just plain ripe. Heyooooo!!

I suppose I could put up with it, but he would have to have a contract where if he acts up again, even in the slightest way...

...except, you know, replacing the "Fizzy Lifting Drink" stuff with football relevant stuff.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Fair enough.

Gotta look at all the options. Richie played well with Long, he's a good run blocker, could do well in division as a stop gap. I would like to see them some how get Gabe Jackson and take a look at other FA guards too.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He's gonna command more money than he's worth to us. Kinda sux but he'll be on somebody's else's injury list while our new starter is in.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want him back for a reasonable price. Injury history scares me but he was a stud at OG for us, knows the offense and already has chemistry with the other guys on our OL.