Les Snead Better Be Right

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Even if we improved our team, the question is how much so relative to other teams. This the best draft class in maybe ever, and I don't think we matched the improvement most other teams did. Then again we have to analyze 2 drafts together since last year's trade up. Goff just has to pan out.

Sounds as though you are dismissing our free agent acquisitions somewhat when comparing us to our oppositions pre-season gains. The Rams are transitioning from a 4-3 base D to a 3-4 base, and while that may not be as catastrophic as a few here might have tried to have us believing when originally announced, it does require some adjustments for scheme fit. Prior to the draft we acquired a quality veteran starting LT (Whitworth), a starting WR (Woods), a starting OLB (Barwin), a starting Center (Sullivan), a probable starter at CB with Webster, a rotational DT/DE (Walker), and a reserve CB (Robey-Coleman).

Our draft has filled huge needs for a starting WR & TE, solved a great need for depth at OLB & a necessary rotational DE. The only surprises for me were at FB & S as most every other position being widely discussed was addressed other than Center & CB. My assumption is that the Rams are closer to re-signing TruJo than we are aware, and that management prefers the idea of settling our depth needs at center from building with what we already have in-house. This draft fits both our defensive transition and obtaining quality offensive weapons. The names may not have all been known household guys, for that we must trust in McVay & Phillips. I'm certainly prepared to allow for our new coaching staff to get the players of their choice and train them according to their own techniques. Regardless of a few new veteran free agents, the Rams are still a very young team, 2017 may not be all a bed of roses, although I have confidence we are at the beginning stage for turning the tide, and even if I won't expect the play-offs until next year, success on the field of play is closer today than it was yesterday. jmo.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That "JuCo TE" ... PFF has ranked 3rd, above Evan Engram.

He's constantly referred to as Njoku's athletic equivalent.... and is by far the best out of all the TE's this year in terms of Missed Tackles.

I believe he has like 14 more than the #2 guy (above Howard and Njoku)...

Yeah such a terrible pick.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'm an "O-line first" type of fan so I agree with the OP. However, I am also aware that I don't know as much about these drafted players as some here at ROD, and certainly not as much as Snead, McVay, Kromer and the rest of the staff. But I do enjoy having a good laugh...

5905274270737753122944.gif

BeefJurky

Rookie
Maybe they expect Jon Toth to slip to us as an UDFA? I do think not taking any OL was short-sighted though as Whitworth and Sullivan probably won't be here past two more years and we have questionable depth behind them.
Welp the 49ers just took Toth as a UDFA.
Fuller went in round 7.

Orlosky is still unsigned afaik, but he is the worst of those 3.

RamnSD

Rookie
Name
RamnSD
Seattle only drafted 1 before the 6th round. One could argue they need more help than almost any team.

Adjusted net yards per attempt = (net yards passing - sack yards + (20* passing TD) - (45*interceptions) / (passes attempted + times sacked)

Falcons = 9.0 (First in NFL) Sack % = 6.4 (24th)
Cowboys = 7.6 (Third in league) Sack % = 5.5 (15th)
Steelers = 6.8 (Tied for eight) Sack % = 3.4 (2nd)
Seahawks = 6.6 (Tied for 10th) Sack % = 6.9 (27th)
Eagles = 5.1 (28th) Sack % = 5.1 (9th)
Rams = 4.0 (last of 32) Sack % = 8.4 (29th)

Rush offense
yards per attempt
Falcons = 4.6 (tied for 4th)
Cowboys = 4.8 (3rd)
Steelers = 4.3 (tied for 12th)
Seahawks = 3.9 (25th)
Eagles = 4.1 (tied for 18th)
Rams = 3.3 (31st)

Clearly the Rams line was way worse than all of the other teams listed.

Last edited:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Remember we have replaced 40% of our starting O.L. By doing so we have upgraded our depth and hopefully shifted players into a position to be more successful. It is not like we have ignored the O.L. Maybe there just wasn't any projected starters when we drafted worth the loss of another projected player with immediate value to our team.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm an "O-line first" type of fan so I agree with the OP. However, I am also aware that I don't know as much about these drafted players as some here at ROD, and certainly not as much as Snead, McVay, Kromer and the rest of the staff. But I do enjoy having a good laugh...

5905274270737753122944.gif
Man, you KNOW I just stole this gif! lol

BeefJurky

Rookie
Okay but our center has been injured a lot and he's old. I fail to see the logic in not supplying a young backup. I would take anyone up on a bet that he doesn't start 16 games and he isn't on our team next year.

FRO

Legend
Okay but our center has been injured a lot and he's old. I fail to see the logic in not supplying a young backup. I would take anyone up on a bet that he doesn't start 16 games and he isn't on our team next year.
The LT is 35. Always draft linemen. Always. Kromer may be a great coach, but this line was horrible last year. Why not draft top notch talent when it falls to you? When was the last time the Rams had a pro bowl offensive lineman?

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Until Lamp proves to not start and play well and (IF) Everett struggles to see the field due to being too raw and I personally think McVay did as we do and fell in love with Everett. They did have both in for extra visits. Lamp was gonna have to prove he could be that solid center and I truly believe if that was his major position instead of a short armed OLT with a small school ,he would be in horns. I agree we needed more weapons to make us have a real offense here. TE's normally take 2 years to grow into NFL blocking shape and I doubt Everett is the move tackle breaker he is in those tapes. We're not going playoffs next year anyway . Sorry . I would just love to know what I don't already know about Lamp. I just think we must have a heads up already on Jamon Brown or someone , after a couple practices Kromer already has in his 3rd year he believes he can make our 7 year center. I want a STUD SOLID OL. Last year was a nightmare and our new OLT only practices once a week and I'm not impressed with Sullivan as we did everything but nuke him before we ever signed him for a bridge guy. Hope his back lasts past pre-season. maybe yoga will help. Too old I guess. This is a prove it year. Love ROD family and the humor here over all other Ram sites.

This place is freakin awesome. No meltdowns like all other Ram sites. Really proud of how well you all are handling this super long losing streak. I grew up in Blue & Whites and always winning. This stuff has aged me too fast. Love the McVay idea of going with what has worked before and trying to recreate that same thing here. I appreciate it truly. I still wanted Lamp in horns. If only I could know what others thought and why they passed. I do not normally feel this way. I normally just go with the flow. I'll be watching the chargers and how Lamp works out very closely. I truly think Lamp,Kupp would have been fine. Johnson is not a tackler. Don't mind me. I'll get a therapist. Ya'll can make fun of me now. Your the best.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
The LT is 35. Always draft linemen. Always. Kromer may be a great coach, but this line was horrible last year. Why not draft top notch talent when it falls to you? When was the last time the Rams had a pro bowl offensive lineman?

I'm not convinced the bolded existed in this draft, all the Lamp love not withstanding. Looks like our team felt the same way...

Guess time will tell.

FRO

Legend
I'm not convinced the bolded existed in this draft, all the Lamp love not withstanding. Looks like our team felt the same way...

Guess time will tell.
Yeah we won't know until 2020. Everette is definitely a fit for McVay. That's always crucial when drafting guys. I just get nervous drafting athletes from small schools where athletic ability can make players look much better when going against lesser athletes. His small hands and ability to learn a more complex playbook is also concerning. He is a heck of an athlete though and Jordan Reed 2.0 would be welcomed.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Could be worse this guy could be a Rams fan instead. BTW if you've never watched one of his video's get ready for lots of language definitely NSFW.