Les Snead Better Be Right

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
LOL I hear you but I think there are 2 different evaluations before the draft and after the career. In between who knows what all the pieces where that came down to the selection and what is revealed through scheme, ability and injuries.
I like what the Rams have done so far! Now I'll just wait and see how it looks on the practice field, and in pre-season!(y);)

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
I'm late to this rant party, but I'll add that not as many teams need help on their O-Line than we do. And for us to pass on Lamp just to pick up more late round target options seems a little counter productive. A lot of teams, especially the Rams, get too cute with their picks versus just low risk solid players. I honestly think Lamp has a good chance to develop into a pro-bowler sooner than later and Everett... well, I just pray he isn't one of the many resolving TE's the Rams have had over the decades.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm late to this rant party, but I'll add that not as many teams need help on their O-Line than we do. And for us to pass on Lamp just to pick up more late round target options seems a little counter productive. A lot of teams, especially the Rams, get too cute with their picks versus just low risk solid players. I honestly think Lamp has a good chance to develop into a pro-bowler sooner than later and Everett... well, I just pray he isn't one of the many resolving TE's the Rams have had over the decades.
I think it's addressed pretty well here.
http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads...ons-for-not-drafting-offensive-linemen.49428/
Moving to Reno right now BTW. Seems to be several Rams fans out there. Maybe we can all get together to watch a game over some beers.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
OH damn you're moving here?
Yeah - my wife and most of her family is from there. We decided after the kids were out on their own, we would simplify things and get closer to family. My parents are also much closer with the move. They live in the SLO area. Anyway, we are kinda living in both Oregon and NV right now as we work on our house here and have a food trailer built for the Reno area. Crazy times right now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Yeah - my wife and most of her family is from there. We decided after the kids were out on their own, we would simplify things and get closer to family. My parents are also much closer with the move. They live in the SLO area. Anyway, we are kinda living in both Oregon and NV right now as we work on our house here and have a food trailer built for the Reno area. Crazy times right now.
Sweet! I have a few Rams fan friends around here. We usually make the trek to SF together and another road trip at random.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sweet! I have a few Rams fan friends around here. We usually make the trek to SF together and another road trip at random.
Gonna be iffy for me to make any games besides maybe one at the Coliseum this year with all I have going on. My dad and two sons really want to hit a game in our old stomping grounds though so we will probably get down there for one. We have a place over near Virginia Lake so we're pretty close to most of town. There's gotta be a Rams bar in town - no?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gonna be iffy for me to make any games besides maybe one at the Coliseum this year with all I have going on. My dad and two sons really want to hit a game in our old stomping grounds though so we will probably get down there for one. We have a place over near Virginia Lake so we're pretty close to most of town. There's gotta be a Rams bar in town - no?
This is pretty heavy Whiner territory with a lot of Raiders, Cowboys and Packers. Once I get over this chest cold we'll have to meet up for a beer. Anybody in town is welcome I'll buy.

Bully's and Flowing Tide are pretty big sports bars then a lot of other smaller joints. I know you're a bbq guy, go check out one of my customers. Butchers kitchen char b que in south Reno.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This is pretty heavy Whiner territory with a lot of Raiders, Cowboys and Packers. Once I get over this chest cold we'll have to meet up for a beer. Anybody in town is welcome I'll buy.

Bully's and Flowing Tide are pretty big sports bars then a lot of other smaller joints. I know you're a bbq guy, go check out one of my customers. Butchers kitchen char b que in south Reno.
I think Bully's is the one my wife's cousin suggested. Is that over in Sparks? I hadn't heard of Butchers but I'll check it out for sure. But yeah - we'll have to get together over a beer or maybe an Awful Awful.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Bully's is the one my wife's cousin suggested. Is that over in Sparks? I hadn't heard of Butchers but I'll check it out for sure. But yeah - we'll have to get together over a beer or maybe an Awful Awful.
There are 3 in Sparks and 3 in Reno actually. You're in the middle of town they're all around actually.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
You know, Snead, or Demoff if you are looking in....I am very happy about this draft. I got 3 players that I coveted. Yeah, I had JuJu over Kupp, but I wanted a trade down, and get extra top 70 player. We got that. JuJu went before Kupp. I like Kupp A LOT! I love Everett, a little over drafted, but he wouldn't have been there later, and we got and extra high pick for trading down. I watched a ton of Everett tape, and I came away of wanting him on my team, especially based on our new offense. He is important. Kupp, forget about it, where we got him. Anybody can make arguments all day long, about we have the slot covered, ETC., but we also have the Guard spot covered, so....

Johnson...I liked King, and Witherspoon, but we drafted a similar player. Come on.

Then, we drafted players to fit our 3-4 defense. We had to. Our of all of our picks, if I see a correlation, we picked guys who practice hard, play hard, and love football.

All of our picks have that lower body power...call it something else, but our players are "hooked up", if you know what I mean. Room to grow, but highly productive, hard playing players.

Why I think our scouts were fired...think about it. We were looking for Fisher type players, and now we are looking for McVay, and Wade type players. I get it.

Tight end is HUGE in this offense. Gerald will be a good productive player, who still has a ceiling, IMO.

So, I got 3 players that coveted, but, also at least 6 player types, that fit our new FO. I'm happy, only time will tell.

Last edited: