Les Snead Better Be Right

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
or this is his last year with the Rams. I'm just a fan that believes both the Offense and Defense schemes start out front. I have heard some say that Rams coaches must like what they have on the Oline, since they didn't address it whatsoever in the Draft. Whitworth and Sullivan FA pickups must have been all they intended to do with the Oline. I think it was an absolute fail not picking Forrest Lamp at #37, but hey, what do i know? I don't get paid to make these decisions and Les Snead does. If Gurley and Goff are getting no help again this year from the defensive push, Snead should be canned. yeah, he gets a lot of direction from coaches, but he is the lone holdover (besides Coach Bones) from the Fisher regime.

I want to be that guy that loves the taste of crow, but if I am right, I want Snead's head on a stick.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Lamp was passed on 37 times. A lot of people seemed to have a first round grade on him, though. There's got to be a reason as to why he made it as far as be did.

Snead and McVay make the picks it seems. I'm sure they would share success as well as failure, too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lamp was passed on 37 times. A lot of people seemed to have a first round grade on him, though. There's got to be a reason as to why he made it as far as be did.

Snead and McVay make the picks it seems. I'm sure they would share success as well as failure, too.

I heard that he has some chronic issues with his wrists. But I doubt it was that big of a deal. Regardless, I'm happy with what we did. We drafted a lot of football players.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am actually a little optimistic we didn't draft OL. I mean, just 2 years ago we about spent all our picks there.

They must see pieces to work with, and I do too.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

The reason is probably disrespect for interior linemen, no matter how good.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I don't get paid to make these decisions and Les Snead does.

So, you think Snead is a decision maker? As in, the FINAL decision on personnel?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or we as fans over valued him and the scouts that inspect and rate the players had issues with him. Either way I love what the Rams did. They didn't take players I'd singled out but damn I'm a salesman for Coca Cola it's probably a good thing they didn't agree with me.

Zodi

Hall of Fame

But interior lineman go in the first round all the time-- like the guy Lamp is compared to, Zack Martin.

I think you were just more attached to a player than the people making decisions were.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Maybe they expect Jon Toth to slip to us as an UDFA? I do think not taking any OL was short-sighted though as Whitworth and Sullivan probably won't be here past two more years and we have questionable depth behind them.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, you think Snead is a decision maker? As in, the FINAL decision on personnel?
I think that with Fisher's firing, who also helped hire Les Snead (Fisher), Snead emerged as more powerful than he was. No one was fooled that a pick in prior Fisher drafts, was anything but a Fisher favorite that Snead helped him to get. Snead was involved with hiring the HC this time around, and so I would consider him with more responsibility for picks...JMO

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But we see interior lineman go in the first round almost every single draft, and most teams need OL help...
maybe one every year, if that? We see LT's go early all of the time

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Arm chair GM's and draftniks always rate players higher that the actual scouts, coaches and Front Offices do. You want a true measure to how good these draftable OL players are? Just look at what 32 actual NFL teams thought of them. That should tell you enough about "how bad we missed" and the like. f ANY of these players were as good as the "so called's" thought, they would have been drafted where they slotted them. Yes ... some will surprise, but the overall measure is what the actual teams saw and felt.

We have to trust our guy's. They know what our needs are and if they could have filled them. I saw a much better "plan" behind this draft than the past drafts over the last 6-7 yrs or so. I see vision. i see purpose. And I trust the coaching that we now have.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Arm chair GM's and draftniks always rate players higher that the actual scouts, coaches and Front Offices do. You want a true measure to how good these draftable OL players are? Just look at what 32 actual NFL teams thought of them. That should tell you enough about "how bad we missed" and the like. f ANY of these players were as good as the "so called's" thought, they would have been drafted where they slotted them. Yes ... some will surprise, but the overall measure is what the actual teams saw and felt.

We have to trust our guy's. They know what our needs are and if they could have filled them. I saw a much better "plan" behind this draft than the past drafts over the last 6-7 yrs or so. I see vision. i see purpose. And I trust the coaching that we now have.
Chargers picked him at #38 (Lamp), and there was surprise about the JuCo TE pick that we picked in the trade down. I'm not an armchair GM or a scout, but I DO know how badly we sucked on the Oline last year is all. Sullivan is probably better than Barnes...but what that really means is to be seen.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Just a quick glance at other teams;

Dallas, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia didn't draft any offensive linemen.

Green Bay drafted 1.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Even if we improved our team, the question is how much so relative to other teams. This the best draft class in maybe ever, and I don't think we matched the improvement most other teams did. Then again we have to analyze 2 drafts together since last year's trade up. Goff just has to pan out.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just a quick glance at other teams;

Dallas, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia didn't draft any offensive linemen.

Green Bay drafted 1.
Well, Dallas has one of the best Olines in football, so...(y)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I heard that he has some chronic issues with his wrists. But I doubt it was that big of a deal. Regardless, I'm happy with what we did. We drafted a lot of football players.

Which ones?;)

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
McVay is likely trying to emulate his success in Wash., and we needed playmakers. He's probably keeping his fingers crossed the OL will hold up, and the system and Goff's development will help them out (plays will develop more quickly, etc.)