LaCanfora: Teams Interested in Trading for Cook

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is his third year here. He is who he is.

I'm a broken record on this topic...

He's the Ram's single season receiving yards leader (TE) all time, 2 years running.

I guess he is what he is.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He's the Ram's single season receiving yards leader all time, 2 years running.

Awesome. But stats do nothing for me. I've watched him fail to catch pass after pass this year. I watched him make major mistakes in a number of games last year. Not to mention the fact that he has had one of the worst catch rates and drop rates for NFL TEs over the past 3 years.

I'm willing to give him some leeway on the catch rate due to the QBs but I'm tired of seeing the same shit over and over again.

He's not getting the job done. He's a liability right now.

I've had enough. He's more of a liability than an asset for this team. Stedman Bailey is playing much better football. I'd rather have him on the field over Cook.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I wish this would have worked out but it didn't. I want to see Bailey and TA in the slot and that can't happen with Cook here. I have my fingers crossed hoping we can get a 5th round pick.

FRO

Legend
Yeah Jared Cook is like having a hot girlfriend or wife that never puts out and doesn't get along with you on a personal level. Looks great, but not functional. Cook shows flashes, but he is a mediocre receiving TE who can't block and doesn't play with energy all the time.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Awesome. But stats do nothing for me. I've watched him fail to catch pass after pass this year. I watched him make major mistakes in a number of games last year. Not to mention the fact that he has had one of the worst catch rates and drop rates for NFL TEs over the past 3 years.

I'm willing to give him some leeway on the catch rate due to the QBs but I'm tired of seeing the same crap over and over again.

He's not getting the job done. He's a liability right now.

I've had enough. He's more of a liability than an asset for this team. Stedman Bailey is playing much better football. I'd rather have him on the field over Cook.

Fair enough. If he's on the market, the Rams must agree.

But; I'm not tossing anyone to the curb after 5 games. Cook is a big target, and a matchup problem. He's capable of big plays from his position, pretty sure we agree there.

The only debate is how consistently does he does it.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I wish this would have worked out but it didn't. I want to see Bailey and TA in the slot and that can't happen with Cook here. I have my fingers crossed hoping we can get a 5th round pick.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd deal him in a heartbeat for anything we can get. We're going to cut him anyway, so...yeah.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Why?

52dyqr.jpg

We seem to need a punching bag.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry, guys. Trading Cook right now would not be a good decision. Our entire offense looks anemic at times, and we need all the weapons we can get.
By the way, I do like all the " He really looked good in preseason" posts. How many years has he been in the NFL? Givens looked awesome as well.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I read that all of his guaranteed money has been paid already. To me it would seem pretty clear that he will be cut this offseason if he was not traded or unless he picked up his play. That being said, get whatever you can for him. Better to get something that has the possibility of becoming something rather than getting nothing and just cutting him.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion

He's the Ram's single season receiving yards leader (TE) all time, 2 years running.

Not trying to be mean, but so what? Rams single season receiving TE is not the most prestigious accolade one could have.

With that being said, I like the distraction that he creates in the passing game. As inconsistent as he is, the other team has to respect his abilities and put time and effort into defending him. In that alone he holds more value than anyone not named Tavon or Gurley on this offense.

I say trade him if the value is there, but don't drop for nothing. He has value to the football team this year.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

We save money this year by cutting him. Money that will hopefully be used for extensions for Jenkins/Johnson, Brockers, and McDonald, as well as possibly going for a young free agent wide receiver.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
With that being said, I like the distraction that he creates in the passing game. As inconsistent as he is, the other team has to respect his abilities and put time and effort into defending him. In that alone he holds more value than anyone not named Tavon or Gurley on this offense.

And, that's it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's capable of big plays from his position, pretty sure we agree there.

He is capable yes absolutely. However he rarely catches the ball to deliver those big plays.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm just looking for someone (some support) to look past 5 games.

He's not a pass dropping fool.