LaCanfora: Teams Interested in Trading for Cook

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The clown strikes again. As much as many want it to happen it's just some clown talking shit.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
In the NFL, the team that is is trading someone never gets jack squat in return. 2nd rounder? Not a chance in hell....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@rdlkgliders

I feel ya...but when you look at the total offensive production...besides Todd G, who has really stood out? You can't single accessory guys out....that are actually being somewhat productive....Drops happen...and the way he's been missing the ball lately, it may be in his head...but this is still a QB driven league, and for every drop, I bet Cook has been OPEN and not throw to..He's valuable...

FRO

Legend
I got excited until I saw Laconfora was the one reporting I got excited. Cook is a negative on the team. A TE that can't block and isn't a great receiver does us no good. Addition by subtraction.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'd trade him for a half eaten cold meatball sub and some stale potato chips.

Trading him sends a message alright, the message that they will not settle for under-performing, overpriced players and that if you want to stay on the team, you have to do your job. Doubt its true, but I can dream right?

jjab360

Legend
Yess, incoming 2019 7th round draft pick incoming, fellas.

I can't wait, not being sarcastic, Cook is a huge liability at this point.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in Cook this season. But in order to trade him, I'd want to see real upside to the player or draft pick we got in exchange. If someone truly wants him and is coming to us for trade talks, I would expect that we listen only so much as they are seriously offering a win/win.

Cook has the ability to play good ball. And singling him out on this offense the way the entire offense (TA and TG aside) has performed, is a bit short sighted IMO. Unless the coaches get that he is not all in or they see something damning, I can't see getting rid of him at this point. I do hope he is getting special "attention" from the coaching staff right now.

But trading him just to trade him seems like a very bad idea. Hell - having him in on 1st and 2nd downs is enough reason to keep suiting him up on Sundays. Let's just hope our O-line starts providing better protection and he stops dropping the damn ball. I firmly believe drops are correctable and if that stops, he is still a match-up nightmare.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How about for a really good young veteran Olineman? I'd trade Cook in a New York minute...

TheBunk

Rookie
I doubt we would get much for him at this point. But he's cost us how many drives this season already? Gotta be like 4 or 5.

FRO

Legend
He doesn't fit us. We can get a better receiver in the slot and a better blocking TE. By getting rid of him we win.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/18/rams-shopping-jared-cook/

Rams shopping Jared Cook
Posted by Mike Florio on October 18, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptq5zdliztuxyje0n2e4ndk2zwuzzgfhmdq5zmewywfl-e1445190693558.jpeg
AP

Per a league source, the Rams are making calls to gauge interest in a trade for Cook, a big-money acquisition in free agency who has been good but not great in three-plus seasons with the team.

Jason La Canfora of CBS reports that teams have been calling the Rams about Cook; we’re hearing that the calls are being made by the Rams. It’s a subtle but significant distinction, since what the Rams get will be driven by the respective motivations of the buyer and the seller.

Cook has a base salary of $7 million this year, in 2016, and in 2017. Trading him would driver a $2 million cap hit in 2016.

The window for making trades closes on Tuesday, November 3.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I'd trade him for a half eaten cold meatball sub and some stale potato chips.

Trading him sends a message alright, the message that they will not settle for under-performing, overpriced players and that if you want to stay on the team, you have to do your job. Doubt its true, but I can dream right?

^^^^ what he said.

He is employed to catch footballs. He sucks at catching footballs. If I sucked at my job I'd lose it.

Fuck trading him, cut him outright. He's hurting us more than helping us with his shitty play. Just make sure you staple his pink slip to his fucking forehead, otherwise he would drop that too.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Rams shopping Jared Cook

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptq5zdliztuxyje0n2e4ndk2zwuzzgfhmdq5zmewywfl-e1445190693558.jpeg
AP

Per a league source, the Rams are making calls to gauge interest in a trade for Cook, a big-money acquisition in free agency who has been good but not great in three-plus seasons with the team.

Jason La Canfora of CBS reports that teams have been calling the Rams about Cook; we’re hearing that the calls are being made by the Rams. It’s a subtle but significant distinction, since what the Rams get will be driven by the respective motivations of the buyer and the seller.

Cook has a base salary of $7 million this year, in 2016, and in 2017. Trading him would driver a $2 million cap hit in 2016.

:shocked:

FRO

Legend

Rams shopping Jared Cook

AP

I wonder if they have decided to put Bailey in the slot and have realized Cook has no value to this offense in doing so? We are still in contention so trading your primary offensive pass receiver doesn't make sense unless there is a change in how they want to use him.