LaCanfora: Teams Interested in Trading for Cook

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Jared Cook - TE - Rams
Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports teams are interested in trading for Jared Cook.
Cook still has two years left on his contract but all his guaranteed money has already been paid, so a team could feasibly move on from him this offseason without taking a cap hit. Lance Kendricks is under contract through 2018, which makes Cook expendable. The seven-year veteran has reeled in 15-of-27 targets this year for 169 yards and no touchdowns.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
It's time for him to go somewhere else to drop passes. I was so excited when we signed this guy, but he has been a total disappointment.

Irish

Starter
Daniel-Bryan-Yes.0.gif

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Unfortunately, I don't see it happening simply BC we are in the thick of the hunt at this point in the season. Cook is suppose to be an integral part of our offense and even though he has performed well below our expecatations Fisher will argue that we need to have him on our roster for the long haul. Ashame, as I am one of many who would not be upset if the guy left. He sure does seem to have all the love from the guys on the team but his inconsistent hands and lackluster effort will continue to haunt us all year.:headexplosion::oops:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Early on in preseason he seemed to be clicking with Foles. Unless somebody is offering the Rams a player they need more, I don't see him being traded - they are still in playoff range, and are entering the easy part of their schedule. Don't want to mess with things unnecessarily. Certainly won't trade him just for a low or mid-range draft pick. They might be able to get that after the season anyway.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm not trading the 2nd leading receiver on the team....For what?!? The QB is still learning the offense....why trade his favorite weapon?

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
It's hard to believe teams want him at all. He's been, by far, the most disappointing Rams player this year. He can't block, he can't catch. What's he good for? I'd be thrilled to get rid of him. Quite frankly, he'd be a good fit with NO, GB, NE, etc. I'd rather have Kendricks out there at this point. Don't get me wrong, I really wanted Cook to be the guy and thought this would be his breakout year but he's regressed. It's bad. The question is: what can we get for him?

DenverRam

Starter
giphy.gif

@people claiming it would send the wrong message.

yea cook is not an offensive weapon. He is an offensive mistake waiting to happen. Trade him. Save the rams from his horrible salary coming next year.

Last edited:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I'm not trading the 2nd leading receiver on the team....For what?!? The QB is still learning the offense....why trade his favorite weapon?
I understand your take and was really personally poking fun at the article........BUT consider this
Jared is 2nd on our team but tied with about 7 other players for receptions at #84 and Yards at #86.
Hardly impressive, You don't give him away but due diligence is in order.

My Take
Personally with the emergence of TG30 and TA I am more of a fan of a stay at home Blocking style H back /TE. One that can slide into the flat, seam or open space and get those yards as a safety valve and is also capable of running a couple routes.

Jared has been cause for concern and we could really use some consistency everywhere and when your vet's aren't showing it and leading by example then maybe you take a look.
Cook has been bashed, unfairly? maybe but he hasn't defended himself very well

Last edited:

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I'd love to trade him if we can actually get a halfway decent return. But Cook has been awful this year. It'd be selling with his value at an all-time low. I can't see us getting much. Let alone when you consider the salary Cook commands. Again, I'm all for moving him for a decent return, but since I don't foresee that happening we might as well keep Cook and work to get him out of his funk. He was plenty useful the past two years, despite the drops and inconsistency. I anticipate he will get back to that form soon enough. Plus, as other have said it would not send a great message to the team, Foles needs all the potential weapons he can get right now, and Cook *is* still one of our leading receivers (which is pretty sad....).

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I'd pack his things and boot him out the door before these teams see any of his game film this season.
I'm sure Snead could get a 2nd or 3rd round pick in return for him.:shades:

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
i hope you guys are kidding with this leading receiver stuff.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12537/jared-cook

Guy has 150 yards receiving. with 0 tds. How is that even remotely good?

Cook has 169 receiving yards. Only Britt has more (183). http://www.stlouisrams.com/team/statistics.html

Tallest midget, I know....

If we can somehow get a starting player back that would help us, or an early pick, I'd be all for it. But I don't see either of those happening.

FrankenRam

Starter
i hope you guys are kidding with this leading receiver stuff.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12537/jared-cook

Guy has 150 yards receiving. with 0 tds. How is that even remotely good?

I don't know that anyone thinks he's having a good season...thus far. But other than Tavon, who in the passing game has stepped up their game from last year? The entire passing offense is one big question mark at this point, IMO.

I wouldn't be against trading Cook, but wouldn't be overly thrilled about it if all we got in return was something in the range of a 5th-7th round pick. Now, if we could get a halfway decent OL, I'd probably be happier with that...depending on who that OL might be, of course.