Kyle Shanahan coming in for a visit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Had Fisher drafted Bradford his development would have been much quicker and I believe he would have realized his potential much faster. Bradford was drafted into QB hell. Multiple offenses to learn and a terrible team around him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Had Fisher drafted Bradford his development would have been much quicker and I believe he would have realized his potential much faster. Bradford was drafted into QB hell. Multiple offenses to learn and a terrible team around him.

Agree. Then again; health has been the bigger concern these last 2 seasons. His skill a lesser concern.

paceram

Pro Bowler
If he comes back healthy; he's primed to be a breakout player... IMO.

Especially, if the Rams can improve their offensive line to give him more pass protection and give him and the offense an improved running game which should take some pressure off him as well.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
If they really try to bring in Cousins to "compete" with Bradford, the only reason he would lose is because he's laughing so hard that he throws picks in practice.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If they really try to bring in Cousins to "compete" with Bradford, the only reason he would lose is because he's laughing so hard that he throws picks in practice.

Maybe. But Cousins would be a good plan B.

I'd prefer Winston, but I think our plan B is a vet from some team.

iced

LOL

I think I'd quit too if Manziel were my QB. ;)

but he wasn't....unless, you wanna count a few games as "their qb"..

either way, chud/turner got way more out of that offense than he did

FRO

Legend

And Mack, Gordon, and Cameron played most of the year for Turner.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

A few things:
1. Chud and Turner are both highly respected minds
2. As FRO said, they had Mack, Gordon, and Cameron for most of the year
3. The offense scored 278 points in 2014 vs. 273 points in 2013

So I think I'm going to have to disagree.

And yes, Manziel is their QB. He's the guy they took in the first round. Even if he isn't, who is going to play QB for you? Hoyer played terribly down the stretch and is a FA. So it's Manziel or a FA or a QB from a trade.

Rainram

Starter
Little late to the thread...but I'd be very pleased with KS. I'd definitely take him over Roman!

iced

A few things:

And yes, Manziel is their QB. He's the guy they took in the first round. Even if he isn't, who is going to play QB for you? Hoyer played terribly down the stretch and is a FA. So it's Manziel or a FA or a QB from a trade.

K mack you have somethin -

but whenever he did have Gordon, it wasn't that spectacular,including Cameron - especially when you compare it to the year before.

I've listed my reasons about him - not saying i'd be upset about him, but i wouldn't be ecstatic either: hence, indifference

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
K mack you have somethin -

but whenever he did have Gordon, it wasn't that spectacular,including Cameron - especially when you compare it to the year before.

I've listed my reasons about him - not saying i'd be upset about him, but i wouldn't be ecstatic either: hence, indifference

Probably because Gordon wasn't in shape and didn't know the playbook.

Cameron was injured throughout the year which sapped his effectiveness and led him to play less than half the snaps he did last year.

You also ignored that the offense scored just as much this year as they did last year.

I don't think the guy is the greatest OC ever but claiming he did far less than Chud and Turner with the same offense just isn't true...it wasn't the same offense and he managed to put up just as many points with less talent.

iced

Probably because Gordon wasn't in shape and didn't know the playbook.

This assumption would be contrary to reports all year that were said about Gordon, especially about him being in shape

You also ignored that the offense scored just as much this year as they did last year.

The offense the year before looked more effective and explosive; this past years? not so much, and i question how many of those points were garbage time points

I don't think the guy is the greatest OC ever but claiming he did far less than Chud and Turner with the same offense just isn't true...it wasn't the same offense and he managed to put up just as many points with less talent.

I completely disagree - he had more talent, especially in the backfield...

Irregardless, as I have said before, my biggest issue with Kyle is his attitude, and his potential longevity

FRO

Legend
A few things:

If they ditch Manziel who will they get to play QB? They aren't in position for Winston/Mariota. There are no real veteran options. They will give Manziel a full year to show himself. The Browns need to hire a OC who runs a college offense.

FRO

Legend
This assumption would be contrary to reports all year that were said about Gordon, especially about him being in shape

The offense the year before looked more effective and explosive; this past years? not so much, and i question how many of those points were garbage time points

Irregardless, as I have said before, my biggest issue with Kyle is his attitude, and his potential longevity
Gordon admitted running the wrong routes. He didn't know what he was doing out there.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://factoryofsadness.co/2014/12/08/josh-gordon-shape-cleveland-browns-buzz/

Not to mention the fact that Gordon admitted he wasn't "up to speed" on the playbook when he returned.

7 points TOTAL. The Browns went 7-9. They were in almost every game.

How about 2013? How many garbage time points did they have? 15 points.

Come on. The 2013 Browns had more talent. Yes, the 2014 Browns had better HBs but healthy Cameron, 14 games of top tier Gordon, and healthy Mack EASILY trump that.

Fair enough. Those are definitely potential issues. But I feel like any good OC will have longevity issues...unless we hire a guy who has run out of HC chances like Norv Turner.