Kyle Shanahan coming in for a visit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Bit of a misleading title no? Requesting permission and Shanahan "coming in for visit" are not the same.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Bit of a misleading title no? Requesting permission and Shanahan "coming in for visit" are not the same.

We don't need permission for Shanahan. We did for Roman. And I doubt Shanahan is going to just refuse to interview for a job, especially with a family friend.

FRO

Legend
Shanahan is a perfect fit for Bradford. Always felt Bradford would do best in a Shanahan scheme. I'm not sure Robinson is such a great fit for a ZBS.

The thing I worry most about an offensive change over is Quick. It took him 3 years to learn Schottenhiemer's offense. Can he quickly learn a new one? He was our best player when healthy. I'm hoping he comes back as strong in 2015.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I can totally see Shanny Jr getting the gig. From one son of a former coach to another. Nepotism is alive and well in the NFL.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shanahan is a perfect fit for Bradford. Always felt Bradford would do best in a Shanahan scheme. I'm not sure Robinson is such a great fit for a ZBS.

The thing I worry most about an offensive change over is Quick. It took him 3 years to learn Schottenhiemer's offense. Can he quickly learn a new one? He was our best player when healthy. I'm hoping he comes back as strong in 2015.
Valid point about BQ, but I think for him it was really more about grasping the route tree and learning how to use his body/frame in certain situations. I think he will be fine if healthy.

FRO

Legend
I can totally see Shanny Jr getting the gig. From one son of a former coach to another. Nepotism is alive and well in the NFL.
He is actually a really good OC in his own right. Led a potent Texans offense, and the Washington offense did great in RGIII's rookie year.

FRO

Legend
Valid point about BQ, but I think for him it was really more about grasping the route tree and learning how to use his body/frame in certain situations. I think he will be fine if healthy.
I agree with the route tree being the main thing, I just hope a new offense doesn't screw him up.

V3

Hall of Fame
I think it was everything with Quick. There were times where Quick had no idea what he was supposed to do and he'd have balls hit him in the head because he never even looked. I'm just hoping that now that he knows how to do the more physical stuff, he'll be able to concentrate more on the mental side of the new scheme.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

It took him one year with Britt showing him the way. ;)

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is actually a really good OC in his own right. Led a potent Texans offense, and the Washington offense did great in RGIII's rookie year.
Agreed. I would be fine with him as OC.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
It's a long shot imo. Shanahan has options. Rams situation is far from ideal.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
man these threads will be popping up everyday. just about everyone interviews for everything when this stuff happens just like players. I'm just gonna sit back and wait for something to pop. not like i have control over it anyways

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
I think KS would be a perfect fit for us and with his visit I think he will find we have a nice position here for him after speaking with Fisher and the FO. I'm curious if anybody knows tis... did Tennessee ever run a Zone Blocking system under Fisher?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like Shanahan would still prefer Colts Offensive Consultant and former Brown Head Coach Rob Chudzinski, however, Shanahan would be an excellent hire and IMO and concur with others that Fisher is close to Mike Shanahan and while others post he has options I think Ram job would appeal to the younger Shanahan.

For one expectations are not high and after the circus in Cleveland under Fisher you do have tranquility state of the Franchise not withstanding and if the younger Shanahan showcases the ability to build a consistent offense under Fisher he would be on everyone's short list as a potential Head Coach.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
As far as the ZBS goes, I think our RBs can make the transition seamlessly, they're those types of backs that work well in that type of scheme. One cut and go.

Not concerned about Robinson either, his athleticism is crazy and that's a big part of ZBS.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
I like Shanahan would still prefer Colts Offensive Consultant and former Brown Head Coach Rob Chudzinski, however, Shanahan would be an excellent hire and IMO and concur with others that Fisher is close to Mike Shanahan and while others post he has options I think Ram job would appeal to the younger Shanahan.

For one expectations are not high and after the circus in Cleveland under Fisher you do have tranquility state of the Franchise not withstanding and if the younger Shanahan showcases the ability to build a consistent offense under Fisher he would be on everyone's short list as a potential Head Coach.
I agree but think no way Fisher will go with CHud with the options out there still.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
It's a long shot imo. Shanahan has options. Rams situation is far from ideal.

Yeah, but at the same time he would be going to a place where he knows he gets along with the HC and organization (assuming that Fisher has a good relationship with him, they've known each other for some time). With the Browns and a lot of other organizations he's not sure and wasn't sure how the relationship aspect with the FO and other coaches will or would turn out, and as we've seen with Harbaugh friendly relationships with your other coaches and FO are important.

And it's not like we don't have offensive talent. We really do. I think as far as the talent aspect and the working conditions aspect are concerned, this might be the best place for him.