Kevin White Runs 4.35

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Then you have Tampa and NYJ, who everyone has already penciled in to grab the QB's. If Winston, Mariota, Gregory, Williams, Fowler, Ray, Cooper and White are all gone at #10 we'll be looking at the pick of the litter in terms of OLine. Or a trade down, which many fans in here seem to favor.

IMO we'll have a shot at one of the WR's.

Gregory will slip out of the top twenty. He doesn't have a position right now, and his work ethic is shit.

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Beasley is overrated. Too small, too light. Not even close to a top twenty prospect. Dupree isn't going top fifteen. Thompson isn't going top ten. Shelton could slip because of his complete lack of pass-rushing potential (see Nix III, Louis, although not as far). Collins isn't going to make the top ten either.

Not saying those would go top 10. But depending on the team wanting to trade up, I was making a point of many of the guys they'd be passing over and be saddled with a guy less talented than the one they could have gotten by standing pat.

Jags, for example, would be dumb not to take Williams if both QBs are off the board. Bears would be dumb not picking a guy like Ray if the falls to them. Same for the Falcons.

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Then you have Tampa and NYJ, who everyone has already penciled in to grab the QB's. If Winston, Mariota, Gregory, Williams, Fowler, Ray, Cooper and White are all gone at #10 we'll be looking at the pick of the litter in terms of OLine. Or a trade down, which many fans in here seem to favor.

IMO we'll have a shot at one of the WR's.

Even then, you still have a shot at DGB and Parker. Missing out on White/Cooper most certainly is not the end of the world. Parker, with that crazy body control, with be a red zone freak imo.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Even then, you still have a shot at DGB and Parker. Missing out on White/Cooper most certainly is not the end of the world. Parker, with that crazy body control, with be a red zone freak imo.
Yeah i'm not sure which camp i fall into yet as far as our #10 pick. I'm leaning towards trading down. I'm still not a fan of the Barron trade. I think it was one year too soon to start trading our picks away...especially with our situation at QB. I said so right here many times when that trade was made.

We'll see how much impact Barron has with a full offseason in 2015, but i don't think it was particularly smart to head into this draft with only 5 picks.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Yeah i'm not sure which camp i fall into yet as far as our #10 pick. I'm leaning towards trading down. I'm still not a fan of the Barron trade. I think it was one year too soon to start trading our picks away...especially with our situation at QB. I said so right here many times when that trade was made.

We'll see how much impact Barron has with a full offseason in 2015, but i don't think it was particularly smart to head into this draft with only 5 picks.

Barron's a better player than anyone we would have gotten in the fourth and sixth rounds.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Barron's a better player than anyone we would have gotten in the fourth and sixth rounds.
That may be so, but is he better and more of a need then anyone we could have maneuvered up for in the top 10? Top 20? Top 30? Having a full compliment of draft picks? I think not. If the Rams want to trade up or move around the board it's going to be very difficult and costly this year.

Memento

Name
Jemma
That may be so, but is he better and more of a need then anyone we could have maneuvered up for in the top 10? Top 20? Top 30? Having a full compliment of draft picks? I think not. If the Rams want to trade up or move around the board it's going to be very difficult and costly this year.

Actually, yes, he was a need. Dunbar was terrible last year. Our defense wasn't performing up to snuff last year. When Barron came in and started at the hybrid position, it was like a light came on.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Two Top Twelve Mocks which I hope explain a bit our options. One includes a trade which expects either FA resolution for our OL mostly or Jake Long coming back and Barrett Jones manning the Center position. That may actually be a good thing. I doubt the Jake Long part, but I'm fully in Jones' corner. If Fisher starts Long, I'll be cheering harder for Long than anyone because if he's playing well, it means the OL will be playing well and that means we have a good chance to win. Again, presuming that scenario.

Mock 1 (no trades)
  1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
  2. Tennessee Titans Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
  3. Jacksonville Jaguars Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska
  4. Oakland Raiders Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
  5. Washington Redskins Leonard Williams, DL, USC
  6. New York Jets Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
  7. Chicago Bears Dante Fowler Jr, DE, Florida
  8. Atlanta Falcons Alvin Dupree, DE/OLB, Kentucky
  9. New York Giants La'el Collins, OL, LSU
  10. St. Louis Rams Brandon Scherff, OL, Iowa
  11. Minnesota Vikings Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin
  12. Cleveland Browns DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville

Mock 2 (trade) St. Louis Rams trade their 1st (#10), 5th and 2016 conditional 3rd (can be a 2nd based on benchmarks) for the New York Jets' 1st (#6)
  1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
  2. Tennessee Titans Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
  3. Jacksonville Jaguars Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska
  4. Oakland Raiders Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
  5. Washington Redskins Leonard Williams, DL, USC
  6. St. Louis Rams Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
  7. Chicago Bears Dante Fowler Jr, DE, Florida
  8. Atlanta Falcons Alvin Dupree, DE/OLB, Kentucky
  9. New York Giants La'el Collins, OL, LSU
  10. New York Jets Marcus Peters, CB Washington
  11. Minnesota Vikings Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin
  12. Cleveland Browns DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville
But either way, I see the top 3 WRs gone in the top 12 and both White and Cooper gone in the top 6. I think either Washington or the Jets will be trading partners with someone. Not that the Raiders couldn't do well to take Williams to keep Khalil Mack clean and take a really nice WR in the 2nd which is what I would do as a Raider FO, probably... but no one's asking me...

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
JMO, if this draft wouldn't have been so thin after 3 rounds the Barron trade may have never happened.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Actually, yes, he was a need. Dunbar was terrible last year. Our defense wasn't performing up to snuff last year. When Barron came in and started at the hybrid position, it was like a light came on.
I disagree that his immediate need outweighed our maneuverability in this draft. IMO the defense got better because it took 8 weeks for the players to buy in and "get it."

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
JMO, if this draft wouldn't have been so thin after 3 rounds the Barron trade may have never happened.
Getting a young first round talent for a 4th round pick in an, overall, weak draft, not bad, IMO.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't disagree with you that that's why they made the trade.
It's thin at QB, safety and pass rusher. I don't buy into this idea that entire drafts are clearly bad or good until a few years down the line. People(professionals included) like to believe they can predict that. We'll see.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Getting a young first round talent for a 4th round pick in an, overall, weak draft, not bad, IMO.
I agree. But if this was a really deep draft iy would have escalated the value of the compensation due to how long Barron is under cost control.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

Yeah it was a way to get Dunbar off the field really. I think its saved us a pick essentially - so we've "lost" 1 pick with that trade (or at least that's a way PR guys would spin it).

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I don't disagree with you that that's why they made the trade.
It's thin at QB, safety and pass rusher. I don't buy into this idea that entire drafts are clearly bad or good until a few years down the line. People(professionals included) like to believe they can predict that. We'll see.
Thin is kinda relative to each team.
And it does take awhile to determine the overall level. Gm's should have a idea a year ahead of what talent level he's looking at. And likeitwas last year for the Rams late round picks he has to judge if that pick can even make the team.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I know it means nothing - but Daniel Jeremiah at NFL network just mocked White to us at 10. His picks went; 1 - Winston (Bucs) 2 - Dante Fowler Jr (Titans) 3 - Williams (Jags) 4 - Cooper (Oak) 5 - Gregory (Was) 6 - Mariota (Jets) 7 - Shelton(Chicago) 8 - Ray (Atl) 9 - Armstead (NYG) and finally 10 - White (Rams).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
White just Julio Jones'd the Combine. He'll be gone in the top 6-7 picks. I'm just hoping that Amari Cooper falls to #10. I'd still take him over KW and I would absolutely draft him at #10.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
White just Julio Jones'd the Combine. He'll be gone in the top 6-7 picks. I'm just hoping that Amari Cooper falls to #10. I'd still take him over KW and I would absolutely draft him at #10.

No doubt. If Amari Cooper is there at 10 and I'm in Les Sneads shoe's I'm pulling the trigger.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I know it means nothing - but Daniel Jeremiah at NFL network just mocked White to us at 10. His picks went; 1 - Winston (Bucs) 2 - Dante Fowler Jr (Titans) 3 - Williams (Jags) 4 - Cooper (Oak) 5 - Gregory (Was) 6 - Mariota (Jets) 7 - Shelton(Chicago) 8 - Ray (Atl) 9 - Armstead (NYG) and finally 10 - White (Rams).

That would be freakin' epic.

Can I take that to the bank right now?