Kevin White Runs 4.35

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
True however even if we loose Britt to free agency going into 2015 Rams still have ball catchers who can start like Quick -Austin-Bailey-Givens & Cook ....but can you name our other starting OG or OT? or OC?

There a big difference between our OL unit & pass catchers.

You mention losing Britt to free agency, yet don't mention it when it comes to the OL. We can get some guys in Free Agency this year. I'd rather drop a first round pick on Amari Cooper over an OL.

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Raiders, Falcons, Bears, and Giants. Not even mentioning the Vikings/Browns/Whiners trading up.

Falcons, Bears, and Giants have too many other issues to dick around with WRs. Namely defense and offensive line the three of them. Vikings are more a worry than those 3. Whiners too probably.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
You mention losing Britt to free agency, yet don't mention it when it comes to the OL. We can get some guys in Free Agency this year. I'd rather drop a first round pick on Amari Cooper over an OL.

Free agency OL solutions ? Let me go back here some...give me some time here to get my one working brain cell working....OK help me out have we not done that the last three off seasons 2012 thru 2014?

Meantime in 2012 & 2013 Rams used one 1st rd pick, two 2nd rd picks, one 3rd rd pick & one 4rd rd pick on WIDE RECEIVERS.

So your suggesting that we need to return to the formula of UFA's in OL & use first & second day draft picks on WR's ?

Is not that previous path taken that help to earn the Rams a 7-8 losing season, 7-9 losing season & just in..... a losing 6-10 seasons yep sounds like a winning formula to me. Why not lets roll the dice again.

How many WR's selected in the first & second days of the draft played on the two best teams who played in the SB a couple weeks ago?

Zero.

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I hope he surpasses Cooper and Cooper falls to 10. Amari looked ridiculously smooth today, he's going to be a superstar from day one.

Thing is, if the Raiders take White at #4... SOMEONE will trade up for Cooper.

I don't think the Rams will have the ammo to do it if the Raiders do in fact take White at #4 and that presumes that someone doesn't trade up above the Raiders... because as much as the defenders are good, I dunno in this passing league that any of the defenders are gonna make teams excited in the top 5.

So, it wouldn't surprise me to see both White and Cooper going as high as the top 5 or 6.

Now, that means both defenders and OL will be pushed down to us.

Does that make us lucky because we're getting a shot at the top guys at positions of need?

Or does that mean we're missing out on premiere talent at a skill position?

I dunno. But it makes for interesting conversation...

After this Combine, I just know that neither Cooper or White will fall to #10 unless they get arrested, injured or test positive for something...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Falcons, Bears, and Giants have too many other issues to dick around with WRs. Namely defense and offensive line the three of them. Vikings are more a worry than those 3. Whiners too probably.

Falcons have nothing except an aging Roddy White and Julio Jones, who has had injury problems in the past. Bears will likely get rid of Marshall as well as Cutler. Giants have OBJ and a free-agent-to-be in Randle. No way that any of those three pass up Cooper or White if they somehow fell into their laps.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Free agency OL solutions ? Let me go back here some...give me some time here to get my one working brain cell working....OK help me out have we not done that the last three off seasons 2012 thru 2014?

Meantime in 2012 & 2013 Rams used one 1st rd pick, two 2nd rd picks, one 3rd rd pick & one 4rd rd pick on WIDE RECEIVERS.

So your suggesting that we need to return to the formula of UFA's in OL & use first & second day draft picks on WR's ?

Is not that previous path taken that help to earn the Rams a 7-8 losing season, 7-9 losing season & just in..... a losing 6-10 seasons yep sounds like a winning formula to me. Why not lets roll the dice again.

How many WR's selected in the first & second days of the draft played on the two best teams who played in the SB a couple weeks ago?

Zero.

Well, if I recall, we drafted a ton of DL to no avail...

Then we drafted Chris Long and folks were upset. We drafted Quinn and hit again. We drafted Brockers and hit again. We drafted Donald and hit again.

Those drafts were managed by previous groups who we all know just plain stunk at talent evaluation. Some of those drafts could have been better by random draw. Literally. 2006 comes to mind *shudder*.

Past failure can't be disincentive to try, especially if that failure was from a previous group.

If the right guy to draft or even trade up to get is a WR, then the FO should do that. Outside of WRs and some OL, I don't really like this draft very much... (well, the top 2 RBs are pretty beast).

Athos

Legend
Falcons have nothing except an aging Roddy White and Julio Jones, who has had injury problems in the past. Bears will likely get rid of Marshall as well as Cutler. Giants have OBJ and a free-agent-to-be in Randle. No way that any of those three pass up Cooper or White if they somehow fell into their laps.

If the Falcons don't find O-Line help after all those injuries exposed their lack of depth, Matt Ryan will get killed. And if they keep ignoring defense, they'll waste their Matt Ryan window. Their defense is pure trash. Not to mention their shoddy run game as well. If the Bears ditch Culter, the Rams will be humping that possible trade and we should be maxing out on O-line in that case.

Giants won't be going WR again in the first. Not after that freakshow of an offensive line. And a defense that's old and getting older.

Sorry. Not giving you this one. Every team could use a WR. Only the dumb ones pick one when they have such gaping holes in other facets of the game and equal or close to equal talent to help close those holes.

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't know really who'd take him before 10. Is he going ahead of a more "ready" prospect in Amari Cooper? If so then we'll probably miss out on him but, Jacksonville? Doubt it. Tennessee - again doubt it. Raiders might take him but everyone says they're set on Cooper.
I haven't even watched him so I don't have an opinion on him. With so few picks and so many holes on the O-line, I don't know how the Rams can't take an O-lineman at 10(or trade down).

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Giants won't go WR because they have Beckham and Victor Cruz is coming back. Dunno how folks so quickly forget about that freak, but the Giants are about to have a damned ridiculous tandem and you don't spend a high 1st on a #3 receiver.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The first 9 picks are not necessarily going to be made by the teams who are currently in the first 9 slots.

V3

Hall of Fame

Then we drafted Chris Long and folks were upset. We drafted Quinn and hit again. We drafted Brockers and hit again. We drafted Donald and hit again.

Those drafts were managed by previous groups who we all know just plain stunk at talent evaluation. Some of those drafts could have been better by random draw. Literally. 2006 comes to mind *shudder*.

Past failure can't be disincentive to try, especially if that failure was from a previous group.

If the right guy to draft or even trade up to get is a WR, then the FO should do that. Outside of WRs and some OL, I don't really like this draft very much... (well, the top 2 RBs are pretty beast).

I wouldn't call Brockers a hit. He was supposed to be a DT that gets sacks and he's nothing more than a run stuffer. Those types of DT's are typically taken later than when Brockers was taken. Brockers isn't a bust by an means but he wasn't worth where he was taken.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

Zero.

Obviously you have to use Free Agency and The Draft intelligently to make it to the super bowl. Don't down play one. Can we not see what happens in free agency first before we decide on the draft?

Memento

Name
Jemma
Giants won't go WR because they have Beckham and Victor Cruz is coming back. Dunno how folks so quickly forget about that freak, but the Giants are about to have a damned ridiculous tandem and you don't spend a high 1st on a #3 receiver.

You do when you have the worst tight ends in all of football. Cruz won't stop them from drafting Cooper or White; they'll just alternate him or OBJ into the slot. I don't have a clue why Coughlin never spends any resources on tight ends who can actually catch the ball for a change, but he apparently has a secret loathing for tight ends who aren't purely blockers. That, or his tight ends have naked pictures of Coughlin with male and female prostitutes in an orgy.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

I just went back to the past three Fisher & Snead drafts as my examples. My mind just will not let me go back to the previous decade of poor drafts. My point was Fisher & Snead have invested a lot of high value FIVE picks in the area of WR's in just two drafts. I would suggest that we get them broke in before we go get some new ones.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Ok then what teams might look hard @ WR's in the top 10? Raiders & Jets? Maybe Bears?

White, Cooper then DGB?
The same bad teams that would be looking at QB, OT and pass rushers. I think it's very possible that Cooper or White are there at #10.

Memento

Name
Jemma
If the Falcons don't find O-Line help after all those injuries exposed their lack of depth, Matt Ryan will get killed. And if they keep ignoring defense, they'll waste their Matt Ryan window. Their defense is pure trash. Not to mention their shoddy run game as well. If the Bears ditch Culter, the Rams will be humping that possible trade and we should be maxing out on O-line in that case.

Giants won't be going WR again in the first. Not after that freakshow of an offensive line. And a defense that's old and getting older.

Sorry. Not giving you this one. Every team could use a WR. Only the dumb ones pick one when they have such gaping holes in other facets of the game and equal or close to equal talent to help close those holes.

Very well. Nix the Falcons. You still have at least six teams who are in the mix (counting the Rams). And the Giants have spent multiple resources on their o-line, including free agent signings, etc. Bears could use another receiver to compliment Jeffery.

Athos

Legend
The first 9 picks are not necessarily going to be made by the teams who are currently in the first 9 slots.

Well, that's definitely true. Trades in the last two drafts, I'd have never guessed. That's why some teams are smart though and others are dumb.

I personally think the premium talent in this draft isn't quite so high at a couple positions and if you trade down hoping to still find your guy, a lot of teams are going to be shit out of luck.

Leonard Williams, Shane Ray, Shelton, Fowler, Beasley, Thompson, Dupree. Pass on those guys, when you need D, and you'll be kicking yourself in the dick in one, two years time.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Obviously you have to use Free Agency and The Draft intelligently to make it to the super bowl. Don't down play one. Can we not see what happens in free agency first before we decide on the draft?

I hope is very little happens in this years free agency very poor value has come our way from free agency from our recent history. Better plan now to deal with our own 2016 massive cadre of Ram UFA's than to over spend now that prevents us from retaining our own very good players then.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Then you have Tampa and NYJ, who everyone has already penciled in to grab the QB's. If Winston, Mariota, Gregory, Williams, Fowler, Ray, Cooper and White are all gone at #10 we'll be looking at the pick of the litter in terms of OLine. Or a trade down, which many fans in here seem to favor.

IMO we'll have a shot at one of the WR's.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Well, that's definitely true. Trades in the last two drafts, I'd have never guessed. That's why some teams are smart though and others are dumb.

I personally think the premium talent in this draft isn't quite so high at a couple positions and if you trade down hoping to still find your guy, a lot of teams are going to be crap out of luck.

Leonard Williams, Shane Ray, Shelton, Fowler, Beasley, Thompson, Dupree. Pass on those guys, when you need D, and you'll be kicking yourself in the dick in one, two years time.

Beasley is overrated. Too small, too light. Not even close to a top twenty prospect. Dupree isn't going top fifteen. Thompson isn't going top ten. Shelton could slip because of his complete lack of pass-rushing potential (see Nix III, Louis, although not as far). Collins isn't going to make the top ten either.

I agree with Williams, Ray, and Fowler, though. Teams would be really stupid to pass them up if they really needed defense.