Kaepersnickering

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Rabid Ram said:
LesBaker said:
Selassie I said:
BITCHASSNESS

And yes if anyone is wondering it's a "real" word.....

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bitchassness

I think we all konw that there are intelligent people who are arrogant and that are complete asses.

CK is just another one evidently.

Lol while i like the word i do not consider urban dictionary as a source of real words :lol:

What are you talking about. It is THE resource for all things English Language.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LesBaker said:
Rabid Ram said:
LesBaker said:
Selassie I said:
BITCHASSNESS

And yes if anyone is wondering it's a "real" word.....

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bitchassness

I think we all konw that there are intelligent people who are arrogant and that are complete asses.

CK is just another one evidently.

Lol while i like the word i do not consider urban dictionary as a source of real words :lol:

What are you talking about. It is THE resource for all things English Language.
Fo sheezie.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Selassie I said:
If nothing else, this shows that the value of loyalty has fallen off the charts. There was a time when loyalty was a virtue.

That childish qb for the whiners is exactly what that shit-hole franchise deserves.
Loyalty to other humans is one thing, and loyalty to a corporate brand is another. Which one are we really discussing here?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Stranger wrote:
Loyalty to other humans is one thing, and loyalty to a corporate brand is another. Which one are we really discussing here?

Is it possible to separate them? If Sam wears a Rams cap is he being loyal to the Rams fans or to the brand? How do you separate the two? Primarily we root for the Rams and only secondarily do we root for individual players on the Rams. Are you rooting for a brand?

I don't think there is an answer for that question because they are one and the same in this case.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
albefree69 said:
Stranger wrote:

Is it possible to separate them? If Sam wears a Rams cap is he being loyal to the Rams fans or to the brand? How do you separate the two? Primarily we root for the Rams and only secondarily do we root for individual players on the Rams. Are you rooting for a brand?

I don't think there is an answer for that question because they are one and the same in this case.
We're being loyal to a brand, which is the face of the corporate entity behind it. We don't have to go very far to see evidence of this... just take Danny as a recent test case.

So, let's not get too bent of shape because Kaeperdick wants to wear another hat. And as much as I can't stand the guy, I actually agree with his initial response, and think he should just stood his ground instead of caving to a bunch of feet-stamping. I actually have less respect for him now than I did before, mostly because he caved to mob pressure.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Stranger saw it differently than me:
We're being loyal to a brand, which is the face of the corporate entity behind it. We don't have to go very far to see evidence of this... just take Danny as a recent test case.

So, let's not get too bent of shape because Kaeperdick wants to wear another hat. And as much as I can't stand the guy, I actually agree with his initial response, and think he should just stood his ground instead of caving to a bunch of feet-stamping. I actually have less respect for him now than I did before, mostly because he caved to mob pressure.

I agree with not getting too bent out of shape about the incident. I disagree with everything else you said though.

I assume you're patriotic and love America. The American flag is a symbol of America. Would it bother me to see someone burn our flag? Yes it would. They have the right to do so IMO but it would still effect what I thought about whoever did it. Would I do anything to enrich this person in the future? No. Alienating the fan base is criminally stupid IMO.

I don't equate wearing a Phins hat with burning the American flag but the principle involved is the same. He works for the Whiners. The Whiners get much of the money they use to pay him from us fans. It seems perfectly reasonable for me, the Whiner organization and his team mates to expect him to show some loyalty. Wear the damn cap after you retire.

But it's not a big thing in and of itself. But IMO, the principle is big and the insensitivity is mind boggling.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
albefree69 said:
Stranger saw it differently than me:

I agree with not getting too bent out of shape about the incident. I disagree with everything else you said though.

I assume you're patriotic and love America. The American flag is a symbol of America. Would it bother me to see someone burn our flag? Yes it would. They have the right to do so IMO but it would still effect what I thought about whoever did it. Would I do anything to enrich this person in the future? No. Alienating the fan base is criminally stupid IMO.

I don't equate wearing a Phins hat with burning the American flag but the principle involved is the same. He works for the Whiners. The Whiners get much of the money they use to pay him from us fans. It seems perfectly reasonable for me, the Whiner organization and his team mates to expect him to show some loyalty. Wear the damn cap after you retire.

But it's not a big thing in and of itself. But IMO, the principle is big and the insensitivity is mind boggling.
Yeah, Kaeperdick made a dumb business decision, but I view it as that, a business decision

Burning the American Flag would bother me because it represents a trampling of the idea and spirit laid down by our founding fathers. It's about a way of life for humanity, not about a business, markets, contracts, and revenues. Very diff things.

But people misunderstanding our Constitution and how our system of govt is supposed to work bothers me way more than either of the above. Just sayin.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Stranger responded:
But people misunderstanding our Constitution and how our system of govt is supposed to work bothers me way more than either of the above.

I'm on board with the stuff in blue that's for sure.

This is certainly a strange subject to be talking about on a Rams board. Seven pages? You can really tell we don't have anything new to talk about. :lol:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
You guys got a lot deeper than me, to the point I tuned out.

:lol:

Let's face it Kaeperdick did something our QB wouldn't do nor would any old school QB.

It shows his maturity and demographic.

At the end of the day; I'm glad our QB doesn't need to learn this.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Stranger said:
Selassie I said:
If nothing else, this shows that the value of loyalty has fallen off the charts. There was a time when loyalty was a virtue.

That childish qb for the whiners is exactly what that shit-hole franchise deserves.

Loyalty applies equally. Does't matter if it's a human or something else.

Clearly, the value of loyalty is far from what is used to be. I'm sure you can see that without much trouble.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Mkay hers a question for those who think this is no big deal.

Name the last time any player in any sport anywhere on the Earth wore another teams jersey or hat or pajamas in the same sport he or she played in.

And if you can find one let me know if they acted like a prick to the fans and team that make them the money they make in front of the whole entire world in total ghetto English

I'd wait for a response but who has that kinda time.

CK effed up.....anyone notice how quiet he's been.....you can bet big coin the 9ers called him and let him have it.

They probably told him to pull his pants up too. He is reminding me of Vince Young.....anyone else see that?

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
CGI_Ram said:
You guys got a lot deeper than me, to the point I tuned out.

:lol:

Let's face it Kaeperdick did something our QB wouldn't do nor would any old school QB.

It shows his maturity and demographic.

At the end of the day; I'm glad our QB doesn't need to learn this.

LesBaker said:

Name the last time any player in any sport anywhere on the Earth wore another teams jersey or hat or pajamas in the same sport he or she played in.

And if you can find one let me know if they acted like a prick to the fans and team that make them the money they make in front of the whole entire world in total ghetto English

CK effed up.....anyone notice how quiet he's been.....you can bet big coin the 9ers called him and let him have it.

They probably told him to pull his pants up too. He is reminding me of Vince Young.....anyone else see that?

Totaly agree cgi it went from kaperdick to political quick lol.

And les well said my man. I see ck as a flash in the pan player much like vy a waste of talent.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Selassie I said:
Stranger said:
Selassie I said:

Loyalty applies equally. Does't matter if it's a human or something else.

Clearly, the value of loyalty is far from what is used to be. I'm sure you can see that without much trouble.
Love all your posts, but going to have to disagree strongly on your loyalty comment.

LesBaker said:

Don' know if this happened before. It probably did, but no one found out because we didn't have a camera in everyone's face - and the political correctness police - like we have now. You realize we've now entered the political correctness phase in sports, right? That's what this is about. You really want to interject that into sport?

As far as kaeperdick making a bad decision. As I said before, I think it's purely a business issue, so I said it was a bad business decision. But now that I think about it, and given the way sports marketing works, I'm actually not even sure it was that bad of a business decision.

Given that there is always a market for a bad boy or rebellious brand, perhaps Kaeperdick just gave himself a huge marketing boost by appealing to these markets. Perhaps he's just serving his personal business interests over those of his employer. If that's the case, maybe the entire matter was setup, or staged, just to create his market appeal. If so, then Kaeperdick just got more free media than he could ever pay for, and the business move was genius.

How about that for spin?

moklerman

Warner-phile
Considering Kaepernick's only resource for street cred is generating it himself, I guess it's possible this was a marketing move by him but talk about a reach.

The guy's a knucklehead wannabe and when I was thinking of a comparison, Vince Young's the first name that popped to my mind too. Give 'em enough rope and they'll take care of themselves. And besides the personality side of things, on average, running QB's, even in this day and age, aren't going to last long term. It think Kaepernick, Wilson, Newton and others have come into the league during a flux time and are taking advantage of it.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Now there's this...

0ap1000000217522.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000217454/article/donte-whitners-take-on-colin-kaepernicks-nude-pics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... -nude-pics</a>

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stranger said:
Don' know if this happened before. It probably did, but no one found out because we didn't have a camera in everyone's face - and the political correctness police - like we have now. You realize we've now entered the political correctness phase in sports, right? That's what this is about. You really want to interject that into sport?

I have no idea what you're talking about. it's got nothing to do with political correctness.

it's about acting like a punk ass dickhead towards your fanbase and the team that pays you all that money. if I was the whiners brass i'd be very worried about this guy, especially after teams start catching up with their offense. it could get very ugly.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
First the hat now posing naked for espn im telling you this kid screams attention whore extraordinaire

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stranger said:
Now there's this...

0ap1000000217522.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000217454/article/donte-whitners-take-on-colin-kaepernicks-nude-pics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... -nude-pics</a>

Gonzo-the-muppets-121939_332_500.jpg