1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kaepersnickering

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by BatteringRambo, Jul 6, 2013.

1. albefree69 Well-Known Member

You're still talking as a fan. I believe that you are greatly underestimating the importance of identifying trappings and apparel. People in groups wear things that identifies them as being part of that group. It's important to them and the more important it is to them, the more they are part of that group.

While I said I didn't think it was a big deal, I meant that it wasn't a big deal that he did it. It would be a big deal IMO if he continues to do it.

2. -X- I'm the dude, man.

I agree that it's not a big deal (IMO). If it was an NFC team's hat, maybe. DEFINITELY a big deal if it was a NFCW team's hat, but I don't see the problem with him wearing a Dolphins hat. He thinks it looks cool, he liked the team growing up, and it's probably really broken in. Those are hard to come by. lol.

BUT.

Wearing your pants (or shorts) like this is inexcusable. He should be punched in the face repeatedly for that - as should anybody and everybody who does the same. This aggravates the crap outta me.

[​IMG]

3. jrry32 Well-Known Member

I'm speaking from the opposite perspective of being a fan. Most fans have an issue with it. I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who understands who these guys are.

I don't agree with you here. What hat he/they wear isn't important.

X, I agree...that does look terrible. Pull your pants up.

4. CGI_Ram Hamburger Connoisseur

I agree; it's just a hat. I agree, he's a kid :cool: .

I have a Ravens Jersey and a Colts Jersey... and other team garb. Big Deal - for a fan.

But he's employed by the San Francisco 49'ers.

I don't know where you work Jrry, but if I walked into the office Monday morning wearing our competition's logo-shirt I'm pretty sure I'd be asked to change it - AND - I'd have officially reached the career ceiling with my employer.

How would you feel if Obama wore a north Korean military hat on the 4th of July?

I'm going to extremes, I get that... but it's just BAD taste on the part of Kaeperdick and I suspect he's going to get a tongue lashing from Jimmy H.

5. LesBaker Mr. Savant

To me it isn't that he was dumb enough to wear another teams hat it was his flippant attitude towards people who objected.....and I bet almost all of them were 49er fans. He just told them to eat crap, and that's a bad move.

How would you feel if Bradford was seen wearing a Broncos hat and when he was called out he responded in the fashion CK did? There would be a lot of unhappy fans. Some might not care but this is a character indicator to me. Not a real big one but still he handled it wrong. He lacks maturity.

And the pants thing is clearly a signal he isn't grown up. You don't see adults slouching their jeans unless its in the hood or its a wanna be thug or a silly azz white boy in the burbs trying to look gangsta.

I hope this saga continues and gets worse. Lets hope for a war of words on twitter or Instagram between he and fans and coaches. In fact we should go see if we can stir up some crap. Someone with an account should go log on and post to him that you are cancelling your 49ers season tickets and tossing out your new CK jersey.....lets get some crap stirred up lol.

6. CGI_Ram Hamburger Connoisseur

Well said.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you Kaeperdumbass!

7. rickrawk Well-Known Member

Pretty much agree with that, X.
    Some people need to grow the freak up!!

GO RAMS!!!!

8. albefree69 Well-Known Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/08/ron-jaworski-herm-edwards-rip-kaepernicks-hat/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... nicks-hat/</a>

9. Stranger How big is infinity?

Since when does an employer get to tell one of is employees how to dress when they are on their own time. Screw the NFL. Kaeperdick can wear whatever he wants when he's not at work.

10. HE WITH HORNS Well-Known Member

He's not a great player, they were winning games with Alex F'ng Smith. Show me what that thug can do when he's not surrounded by a great supporting cast.

11. Ram Quixote Knight Errant

Let's put this another way. No one is talking about fashion sense. If he was wearing a bowler or a fedora, who'd care? And frankly, this business wasn't anything until he told his fans to shut up. This business is about common sense, in which Kaeperdick has shown none.

12. Rabid Ram Well-Known Member

Almost any employer has a part of their dress and behavioral codes something along the lines of not doing anything away from work that would in anyway embarass or make said company look bad to its consumers.

His dress violates the amendment to the above said guide line of the dress code

Him telling ti fans basically to eat crap violates tge behavioral part.

13. Mojo Ram On double secret probation

Amen to that.

14. brokeu91 Well-Known Member

This is very different than any other type of employment. He is not just an employee but he is also a very visible part of a community. An NFL organization isn't just a company, but in reality an asset for an entire city/region. He now represents the region, not just himself. Imagine Bill Gates wearing an Apple T-shirt. Wouldn't that seem odd?

I work at a teaching hospital. I've now been promoted to clerkship director...I get to decide what medical students learn and what they don't learn, and how they learn it (at least for my area of expertise). If I wore a something that promoted another medical school, it could look very bad, especially considering my position, the hospital's position in the community, and the medical school's own views of it's prestige. I know better.

I went to a different medical school, I have shirts proclaiming my loyalty to that school. I would never wear them where it can be seen by medical students, administrators, other professors, because I don't want myself identified with another brand anymore. I can still wear it to the beach if I want, because I'm not that visible. Kaepernick cannot longer do that, because he is very visible. He will make millions of dollars. It's now part of his job. He has to represent a region and in doing so can expect to be recognized where he goes (who can really miss that nose?). He should expect to be photographed. He can always quit if he wants to wear a Dolphins hat, but he is now part of an organization that represents Northern California. He needs to act like it if he wants to remain in such a position.

15. albefree69 Well-Known Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/09/after-criticism-colin-kaepernick-puts-on-a-49ers-hat/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... 49ers-hat/</a>
    For anybody stupid enough to want to see a Whiner cap with a screwed up bill just click on the link.

16. CGI_Ram Hamburger Connoisseur

“It’s just swag it ain’t never hurt nobody!”

^ That's the leader of your football team San Francisco! Congratulations!

17. Stranger How big is infinity?

Is there a dress or behavior code in these players contracts? Does anyone know?

Sure, breaking the law, getting arrested, and going to jail is one thing. But are these guys so tightly tied-up contractually that they also have to manage how they dress? Just curious.

By the way, what's with all the Gansta attitude and talk we're seeing from Kaepernick... I mean, wasn't he adopted into a very middle class family far away from those sorts of influences?

[​IMG]

18. News Bot Well-Known Member

[espn]9462900[/espn]
    <a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9462900" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9462900</a>

19. bluecoconuts Well-Known Member

They can put a dress code in there, and a tattoo policy as well I believe, they can put pretty much anything in there, when you're becoming the face of your franchise, you need to uphold their standards.

20. Ramhusker Well-Known Member Pit Boss

He's a dick with ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sly: