Kaepersnickering

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
jrry32 pshawing the idea:

So what?

He's a kid. It's a hat. It's not a big deal. I wear a Jaguar hat to work when I am out in the sun...doesn't make me any less of a Rams fan. It just happens to be a hat that fits me well that I don't mind getting dirty.

You're still talking as a fan. I believe that you are greatly underestimating the importance of identifying trappings and apparel. People in groups wear things that identifies them as being part of that group. It's important to them and the more important it is to them, the more they are part of that group.

While I said I didn't think it was a big deal, I meant that it wasn't a big deal that he did it. It would be a big deal IMO if he continues to do it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
CGI_Ram said:
jrry32 said:
Non-story. Not wearing the hat to support the Dolphins, he's wearing the hat because he likes the style. Happens all the time in the real world and no one complains about it there.

I dunno...

I don't think you'd see Chris Long, Sam Bradford, William Hayes, Cortland Finegan, etc wearing a Dolphins hat... Ever!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

So what?

He's a kid. It's a hat. It's not a big deal. I wear a Jaguar hat to work when I am out in the sun...doesn't make me any less of a Rams fan. It just happens to be a hat that fits me well that I don't mind getting dirty.
I agree that it's not a big deal (IMO). If it was an NFC team's hat, maybe. DEFINITELY a big deal if it was a NFCW team's hat, but I don't see the problem with him wearing a Dolphins hat. He thinks it looks cool, he liked the team growing up, and it's probably really broken in. Those are hard to come by. lol.

BUT.

Wearing your pants (or shorts) like this is inexcusable. He should be punched in the face repeatedly for that - as should anybody and everybody who does the same. This aggravates the shit outta me.

yu4MDce.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
albefree69 said:
You're still talking as a fan. I believe that you are greatly underestimating the importance of identifying trappings and apparel. People in groups wear things that identifies them as being part of that group. It's important to them and the more important it is to them, the more they are part of that group.

While I said I didn't think it was a big deal, I meant that it wasn't a big deal that he did it. It would be a big deal IMO if he continues to do it.

I'm speaking from the opposite perspective of being a fan. Most fans have an issue with it. I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who understands who these guys are.

I don't agree with you here. What hat he/they wear isn't important.

X, I agree...that does look terrible. Pull your pants up.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jrry32 said:
CGI_Ram said:
jrry32 said:
Non-story. Not wearing the hat to support the Dolphins, he's wearing the hat because he likes the style. Happens all the time in the real world and no one complains about it there.

I dunno...

I don't think you'd see Chris Long, Sam Bradford, William Hayes, Cortland Finegan, etc wearing a Dolphins hat... Ever!

So what?

I agree; it's just a hat. I agree, he's a kid :cool: .

I have a Ravens Jersey and a Colts Jersey... and other team garb. Big Deal - for a fan.

But he's employed by the San Francisco 49'ers.

I don't know where you work Jrry, but if I walked into the office Monday morning wearing our competition's logo-shirt I'm pretty sure I'd be asked to change it - AND - I'd have officially reached the career ceiling with my employer.

How would you feel if Obama wore a north Korean military hat on the 4th of July?

I'm going to extremes, I get that... but it's just BAD taste on the part of Kaeperdick and I suspect he's going to get a tongue lashing from Jimmy H.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
To me it isn't that he was dumb enough to wear another teams hat it was his flippant attitude towards people who objected.....and I bet almost all of them were 49er fans. He just told them to eat shit, and that's a bad move.

How would you feel if Bradford was seen wearing a Broncos hat and when he was called out he responded in the fashion CK did? There would be a lot of unhappy fans. Some might not care but this is a character indicator to me. Not a real big one but still he handled it wrong. He lacks maturity.

And the pants thing is clearly a signal he isn't grown up. You don't see adults slouching their jeans unless its in the hood or its a wanna be thug or a silly azz white boy in the burbs trying to look gangsta.

I hope this saga continues and gets worse. Lets hope for a war of words on twitter or Instagram between he and fans and coaches. In fact we should go see if we can stir up some shit. Someone with an account should go log on and post to him that you are cancelling your 49ers season tickets and tossing out your new CK jersey.....lets get some shit stirred up lol.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
LesBaker said:
To me it isn't that he was dumb enough to wear another teams hat it was his flippant attitude towards people who objected.....and I bet almost all of them were 49er fans. He just told them to eat shyte, and that's a bad move.

Well said.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you Kaeperdumbass!

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
X said:
jrry32 said:
CGI_Ram said:
jrry32 said:

I dunno...

So what?

I agree that it's not a big deal (IMO). If it was an NFC team's hat, maybe. DEFINITELY a big deal if it was a NFCW team's hat, but I don't see the problem with him wearing a Dolphins hat. He thinks it looks cool, he liked the team growing up, and it's probably really broken in. Those are hard to come by. lol.

BUT.

Wearing your pants (or shorts) like this is inexcusable. He should be punched in the face repeatedly for that - as should anybody and everybody who does the same. This aggravates the shit outta me.

yu4MDce.jpg
Pretty much agree with that, X.
Some people need to grow the fuck up!!

GO RAMS!!!!

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/08/ron-jaworski-herm-edwards-rip-kaepernicks-hat/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... nicks-hat/</a>
Ron Jaworski, Herm Edwards rip Kaepernick’s hat
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick got some grief from fans last week for wearing a Dolphins hat, and he was defiant in his response. That was probably the wrong tack to take if he wanted to make the issue disappear.

On Monday, Kaepernick was the subject of some fairly harsh criticism on ESPN, where analysts Ron Jaworski and Herm Edwards both said Kaepernick’s decision to wear another team’s gear was unacceptable.

“You’re the face of the football team, you’re the future of the football team, you’re being paid handsomely by the San Francisco 49ers,” Jaworski said. “It’s an immaturity thing, in my opinion. This is a great football player, the ceiling is very high, but this is something you just don’t do as a leader of a football team.”

Added Edwards, “Steve Young and Joe Montana wouldn’t do that. They get it. You’re the quarterback. You are the face of the franchise, and whether you like it or not, on the field or off the field, you’ve got to act that way.”

Now, you might think Jaworski and Edwards are just stirring up a controversy to have something to talk about during the slowest point in the offseason. And there are some ESPN commentators who would do exactly that: If Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith had a discussion about Kaepernick’s hat, I’d figure it was just another lame attempt to “embrace debate,” and I’d change the channel. But Jaworski and Edwards are both straight shooters who don’t talk about things like this just to get attention.

Jaworski and Edwards also both came into the NFL at an earlier time and have old-school mentalities not unlike that of 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh. Which reinforces the idea that Harbaugh might have something to say about Kaepernick’s hat.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Since when does an employer get to tell one of is employees how to dress when they are on their own time. Screw the NFL. Kaeperdick can wear whatever he wants when he's not at work.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
He's not a great player, they were winning games with Alex F'ng Smith. Show me what that thug can do when he's not surrounded by a great supporting cast.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Stranger said:
Since when does an employer get to tell one of is employees how to dress when they are on their own time. Screw the NFL. Kaeperdick can wear whatever he wants when he's not at work.
Let's put this another way. No one is talking about fashion sense. If he was wearing a bowler or a fedora, who'd care? And frankly, this business wasn't anything until he told his fans to shut up. This business is about common sense, in which Kaeperdick has shown none.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Stranger said:

Almost any employer has a part of their dress and behavioral codes something along the lines of not doing anything away from work that would in anyway embarass or make said company look bad to its consumers.

His dress violates the amendment to the above said guide line of the dress code

Him telling ti fans basically to eat shit violates tge behavioral part.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
X said:
BUT.

yu4MDce.jpg
Amen to that.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Rabid Ram said:
This is very different than any other type of employment. He is not just an employee but he is also a very visible part of a community. An NFL organization isn't just a company, but in reality an asset for an entire city/region. He now represents the region, not just himself. Imagine Bill Gates wearing an Apple T-shirt. Wouldn't that seem odd?

I work at a teaching hospital. I've now been promoted to clerkship director...I get to decide what medical students learn and what they don't learn, and how they learn it (at least for my area of expertise). If I wore a something that promoted another medical school, it could look very bad, especially considering my position, the hospital's position in the community, and the medical school's own views of it's prestige. I know better.

I went to a different medical school, I have shirts proclaiming my loyalty to that school. I would never wear them where it can be seen by medical students, administrators, other professors, because I don't want myself identified with another brand anymore. I can still wear it to the beach if I want, because I'm not that visible. Kaepernick cannot longer do that, because he is very visible. He will make millions of dollars. It's now part of his job. He has to represent a region and in doing so can expect to be recognized where he goes (who can really miss that nose?). He should expect to be photographed. He can always quit if he wants to wear a Dolphins hat, but he is now part of an organization that represents Northern California. He needs to act like it if he wants to remain in such a position.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/09/after-criticism-colin-kaepernick-puts-on-a-49ers-hat/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... 49ers-hat/</a>
After criticism, Colin Kaepernick puts on a 49ers hat

Colin Kaepernick has put on a 49ers hat. Perhaps we’re going to have to find something new to talk about during the slowest point of the offseason.

Kaepernick, the 49ers quarterback who raised the ire of fans and commentators by posting a picture of himself on Instagram wearing a Dolphins hat, has now posted a picture of himself on Instagram wearing a 49ers hat, in an attempt to put the issue to rest.

“It’s just swag it ain’t never hurt nobody!” Kaepernick wrote as the caption of his new Instagram photo.

Kaepernick is right that wearing a Dolphins hat hurt nobody, and this whole episode probably would have gone unnoticed if it weren’t early July, when NFL fans and media are looking for anything to talk about. Still, the fact that he felt the need to respond to the whole controversy shows how seriously fans take their favorite players and their favorite teams. San Francisco fans want to see Kaepernick in a 49ers hat, not a Dolphins hat. And now they can.

For anybody stupid enough to want to see a Whiner cap with a screwed up bill just click on the link.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
“It’s just swag it ain’t never hurt nobody!”

^ That's the leader of your football team San Francisco! Congratulations!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Rabid Ram said:
Stranger said:

Almost any employer has a part of their dress and behavioral codes something along the lines of not doing anything away from work that would in anyway embarass or make said company look bad to its consumers.

Is there a dress or behavior code in these players contracts? Does anyone know?

Sure, breaking the law, getting arrested, and going to jail is one thing. But are these guys so tightly tied-up contractually that they also have to manage how they dress? Just curious.

By the way, what's with all the Gansta attitude and talk we're seeing from Kaepernick... I mean, wasn't he adopted into a very middle class family far away from those sorts of influences?

photo-4.jpg

Early life and high school
<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaepernick#Early_life_and_high_school" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaep ... igh_school</a>

Kaepernick was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, a biracial child whose birth mother, Heidi Russo, then 19 years old and single, stood 6 feet 2 inches (1.88 m).[1][2] Heidi Russo found Rick and Teresa Kaepernick, a couple who had two kids already—son Kyle and daughter Devon—and were looking for a boy after having lost two other sons to heart defects. Russo gave up Colin to the Kaepernicks for adoption when he was an infant. [2][3] Kaepernick became the youngest of their three children. He lived in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, until age four, and attended grade school in Turlock, California.[1][4] Kaepernick began playing youth football at age eight as a defensive end and punter. He then became his youth team's starting quarterback at age nine, and he completed his first competitive pass for a long touchdown. He went on to win several punt, pass, and kick competitions mainly on his passing ability.[1]

A 4.0 GPA student [5] at John H. Pitman High School in Turlock, Kaepernick was a three-sport star who passed up a promising baseball career as a pitcher in order to play football. Kaepernick was nominated for all-state in football, basketball, and baseball in his senior year. He was the MVP of the Central California Conference in football leading his school to its first-ever playoff victory. In basketball he was a first-team all CCC selection at forward and led his 16th-ranked team to a near upset of the Number 1-ranked Oak Ridge Trojans in the opening round of playoffs. In that game Kaepernick scored 34 points, although that was not enough as Ryan Anderson scored 50 to best the Pitman Prid

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
[espn]9462900[/espn]
<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9462900" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9462900</a>

bluecoconuts

Legend
Stranger said:
Rabid Ram said:
Stranger said:

Is there a dress or behavior code in these players contracts? Does anyone know?

Sure, breaking the law, getting arrested, and going to jail is one thing. But are these guys so tightly tied-up contractually that they also have to manage how they dress? Just curious.

By the way, what's with all the Gansta attitude and talk we're seeing from Kaepernick... I mean, wasn't he adopted into a very middle class family far away from those sorts of influences?

photo-4.jpg

Early life and high school
<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaepernick#Early_life_and_high_school" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaep ... igh_school</a>

Kaepernick was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, a biracial child whose birth mother, Heidi Russo, then 19 years old and single, stood 6 feet 2 inches (1.88 m).[1][2] Heidi Russo found Rick and Teresa Kaepernick, a couple who had two kids already—son Kyle and daughter Devon—and were looking for a boy after having lost two other sons to heart defects. Russo gave up Colin to the Kaepernicks for adoption when he was an infant. [2][3] Kaepernick became the youngest of their three children. He lived in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, until age four, and attended grade school in Turlock, California.[1][4] Kaepernick began playing youth football at age eight as a defensive end and punter. He then became his youth team's starting quarterback at age nine, and he completed his first competitive pass for a long touchdown. He went on to win several punt, pass, and kick competitions mainly on his passing ability.[1]

A 4.0 GPA student [5] at John H. Pitman High School in Turlock, Kaepernick was a three-sport star who passed up a promising baseball career as a pitcher in order to play football. Kaepernick was nominated for all-state in football, basketball, and baseball in his senior year. He was the MVP of the Central California Conference in football leading his school to its first-ever playoff victory. In basketball he was a first-team all CCC selection at forward and led his 16th-ranked team to a near upset of the Number 1-ranked Oak Ridge Trojans in the opening round of playoffs. In that game Kaepernick scored 34 points, although that was not enough as Ryan Anderson scored 50 to best the Pitman Prid

They can put a dress code in there, and a tattoo policy as well I believe, they can put pretty much anything in there, when you're becoming the face of your franchise, you need to uphold their standards.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
He's a dick with ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sly: