Kaepernick and RG3: Is There Anything Left?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
You put Kaepernick on the Texans they could be Super Bowl contenders. He is still young strong arm and can run. He also protects his body. Cutler is the only other qb I would take right now but I feel like RG3 is over with
He was a one-trick pony and the NFL caught up to him. Limit the running game, keep him in the pocket and he'll NOT do the rest.The guy shits his pants on every drop-back before pressure even arrives.He's had a ton of supporters"uneducated fans" that have backed him and been there to call people "haters" for saying he's overrated. Keep believing though. The verdict is out on him.Colin is the worst QB in the NFL; his stats prove it, his play proves it, his lack of leadership proves it.

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was a one-trick pony and the NFL caught up to him. Limit the running game, keep him in the pocket and he'll NOT do the rest.The guy shits his pants on every drop-back before pressure even arrives.He's had a ton of supporters"uneducated fans" that have backed him and been there to call people "haters" for saying he's overrated. Keep believing though. The verdict is out on him.Colin is the worst QB in the NFL; his stats prove it, his play proves it, his lack of leadership proves it.

Uneducated fans??? His play?? NFC championship game. Over 2k yards 16 touchdowns to 5 interceptions playing in 11 games with a team that was actually worst then the Rams last year. Kaepernick is a winner he has already proven that. Maybe you just like the NFL don't like that he took a damn knee for a racist national anthem but you definitely can't say he is the worst QB in the NFL that's just asinine. To majority of the Black community what he did was REAL leadership that took a lot of guts and apparently cost the guy his future

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Uneducated fans??? His play?? NFC championship game. Over 2k yards 16 touchdowns to 5 interceptions playing in 11 games with a team that was actually worst then the Rams last year. Kaepernick is a winner he has already proven that. Maybe you just like the NFL don't like that he took a damn knee for a racist national anthem but you definitely can't say he is the worst QB in the NFL that's just asinine. To majority of the Black community what he did was REAL leadership that took a lot of guts and apparently cost the guy his future

I actually support Kaepernick's causes, but I also think he's a huge problem for your team if he's starting. You're falling for numbers over film. Blaine Gabbert had decent numbers in 2015. He was still a shitty QB. Kaep was a bad QB in 2016. He was a bad QB in 2015. He's been exposed.

Are there worse guys in the NFL? Yes. But most teams don't want to take on the PR blowback for a fringe starting QB. You save that for players who contribute something.

Kaepernick isn't a winner. He's not a good QB. He's simply a guy who made choices and is suffering the consequences for them (fair or unfair).

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually support Kaepernick's causes, but I also think he's a huge problem for your team if he's starting. You're falling for numbers over film. Blaine Gabbert had decent numbers in 2015. He was still a crappy QB. Kaep was a bad QB in 2016. He was a bad QB in 2015. He's been exposed.

Are there worse guys in the NFL? Yes. But most teams don't want to take on the PR blowback for a fringe starting QB. You save that for players who contribute something.

Kaepernick isn't a winner. He's not a good QB. He's simply a guy who made choices and is suffering the consequences for them (fair or unfair).

I think Kaep is a winner especially when you consider his actual starting experience. He is still a young QB in terms of actual starting experience so he has room to grow to get better with good quality coaching. He has a lot of tools you can work with and win with. Anyway you look at it 16 tds to 5 interceptions is good, and it's not just what he did last year but the circumstances he did it in and the big games that he did actually play in.

In no means I'm saying he is the greatest QB there is but I think it's definitely more about PR then his actual ability to help a team win. I'm not saying he should be a starter but I rather have Kaep over Mannion as my backup.

I do agree with you though, I just think Kaep can offer value especially to a team like Denver last year of the Texans last year. But we all know his career is over

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Kaep is a winner especially when you consider his actual starting experience.

The 49ers are 3-16 over the past 2 years when he starts. He has a 28-30 career record in the regular season as a starter. By no definition is he a winner.

He is still a young QB in terms of actual starting experience so he has room to grow to get better with good quality coaching. He has a lot of tools you can work with and win with. Anyway you look at it 16 tds to 5 interceptions is good, and it's not just what he did last year but the circumstances he did it in and the big games that he did actually play in.

Kaepernick hasn't grown at all since he's been a starter. In fact, his weaknesses have only been magnified while his strengths have actually declined. I don't care if he has tools. So does Blaine Gabbert. He doesn't have the mental acuity on the field.

There are many ways you can look at 16 TDs to 4 picks and see that it wasn't good. The best way is turning on some of the 49ers games from last year. It's actually kind of like when Josh McCown had 13 TDs to 1 Ints a few years ago but was still a shitty QB.

Kaepernick was a bad starting QB. Which is unsurprisingly part of the reason why the 49ers sucked.

In no means I'm saying he is the greatest QB there is but I think it's definitely more about PR then his actual ability to help a team win. I'm not saying he should be a starter but I rather have Kaep over Mannion as my backup.

Yes, this is about PR. You have to be a starting caliber QB to be worth the PR shitstorm. Kaepernick isn't a good enough QB to be worth the bad PR.

I do agree with you though, I just think Kaep can offer value especially to a team like Denver last year of the Texans last year. But we all know his career is over

Kaepernick doesn't offer enough value to the Texans for it to be worth it. That's why they chose to go after a young QB. As for Denver, Siemian offers as much as Kaepernick does.

I am not sold that Kaep's career is over, but it's not going to be easy for him to find a job. He doesn't offer enough upside for a team to take on the bad PR.

If my team lost its QB in the preseason or TC, Kaepernick would be my third call after Romo and Cutler.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
what he did was REAL leadership that took a lot of guts and apparently cost the guy his future

His future was long gone before his protest. His protest just ensured no team would sign him as a back up. Reason, the tim tebow circus.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His future was long gone before his protest. His protest just ensured no team would sign him as a back up. Reason, the tim tebow circus.

So you think he wouldn't even be a back up???

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you think he wouldn't even be a back up???

When you said career i thought you were talking about as a starter. Sure he can be a back up, but not with the circus he would bring with him.

He went about this protest all the wrong way. Nobody even remembers what he protested about. All the media talked about was him not standing for the anthem. what was the point? Now he's like a leper because no team wants to deal with all the bullshit surrounding him.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When you said career i thought you were talking about as a starter. Sure he can be a back up, but not with the circus he would bring with him.

He went about this protest all the wrong way. Nobody even remembers what he protested about. All the media talked about was him not standing for the anthem. what was the point? Now he's like a leper because no team wants to deal with all the bullcrap surrounding him.

Yeah I meant just football career in general.

I can tell you the point of why he protested I can list every reason why what he did was needed and I can definitely tell you why he chosed the National anthem.

This is a football forum and I like to keep it that way but I definitely wanna address this.

The guy that wrote the National anthem was a racist wanted us killed and sent back to Africa, that's not a secret. He literally says that in our National Anthem.
African Americans fought in every war for this country but in the CONSTITUTION we were listed as 3/5 humans. This is the CONSTITUTION were they declared us black people less then Human. The protest was about WHY should I respect a country that doesn't want me and my people here with a Song that literally says that. When police and the justice system use 2 sets of laws for African Americans and minorities then they do for the white population. When young black college athletes get hit with 15 yrs for rape but white college athletes they don't want to furnish their future. Or the fact that black men get more time for marijuana then a lot of white men get for manslaughter or the cocaine vs crack rock sentences. How the rock carried a much bigger sentence then soft variety.

Maybe he could have chosen a different way to protest but we know what type of league the NFL is and the type of owners that run that league so it's not a surprise that they wanna focuse on him kneeling instead of understanding why he did what he did. That's called selective reasoning. But anyway back to football

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
you guys got my boy @Dxmissile fired UP!!!!!! DX...you're on the right track...keep reading...keep studying...this is a football forum...but I'll add
It's all about inequality....fairness...justice for all....the flag represents rights....and one of those rights is the right to protest...peacefully...and for the owners to collude in keeping him out of their game...fine...he's made plenty of money.

The 49ers are 3-16 over the past 2 years when he starts. He has a 28-30 career record in the regular season as a starter.
Look no further than the U of Michigan sidelines...THAT'S why the 9ers have suffered...Not the QB.

I'm curious, what's his playoff record?

He doesn't have the mental acuity on the field.
Oh no...not this again....What about Farve not knowing what the hell a nickle defense is??? Why jrry? Why counselor???? First they get rid of his HC/QB whisperer....then his receivers....and linemen....and now a guy with like a 20-30 something wonderlic is a dummy? I think he's a bright one...social issues show he's not some go to the strip club, buy gold jewelry, grill for his mouth...cars...c'mon he was hanging with Michelle Obama....

Kaepernick was a bad starting QB. Which is unsurprisingly part of the reason why the 49ers sucked.
I'll always remember his game at Green Bay...Best game I've ever seen a QB play on the road in Green Bay in the playoffs...Seriously

The owner of the 9ers is a pompus fool....Shoulda fired that damn GM and kept Harbaugh....simple. Probably some mafia curse...

Nobody even remembers what he protested about.
Shame, shame, shame....that's the problem. The unarmed shooting of black men/people...by police...and regular citizens....yeah...who cares about that??? Unless, you like, happen to be black....or hispanic/latin...or a person of color...they are actually getting pretty rough on certain Asian populations out here too....I'm pretty sure when you happen to see your local evening news Kurtfaulk that it's all sunshine, apple pie, rainbows, and whatever...you must stay in eden.

Both Kaep & RGIII ( and this is a real stretch) should be on teams....they've led teams to the playoffs. I do think Kaep could start on several teams...probably ours. It's a damn shame that to silence future protests, they blatantly make an example out of Kaep. I mean....if you don't want the peaceful protest, you must want the other kind....jmo

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Of course there's something left. Kaepernick is the same backup quarterback he always was. That 49ers had a great offensive line and it made him look good for a while.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shame, shame, shame....that's the problem. The unarmed shooting of black men/people...by police...and regular citizens....yeah...who cares about that??? Unless, you like, happen to be black....or hispanic/latin...or a person of color...they are actually getting pretty rough on certain Asian populations out here too....I'm pretty sure when you happen to see your local evening news Kurtfaulk that it's all sunshine, apple pie, rainbows, and whatever...you must stay in eden.

actually i live in sydney. that's as close as you'll get to eden.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The guy that wrote the National anthem was a racist wanted us killed and sent back to Africa, that's not a secret. He literally says that in our National Anthem.
African Americans fought in every war for this country but in the CONSTITUTION we were listed as 3/5 humans. This is the CONSTITUTION were they declared us black people less then Human. The protest was about WHY should I respect a country that doesn't want me and my people here with a Song that literally says that. When police and the justice system use 2 sets of laws for African Americans and minorities then they do for the white population. When young black college athletes get hit with 15 yrs for rape but white college athletes they don't want to furnish their future. Or the fact that black men get more time for marijuana then a lot of white men get for manslaughter or the cocaine vs crack rock sentences. How the rock carried a much bigger sentence then soft variety.

This is a football forum

Shame, shame, shame....that's the problem. The unarmed shooting of black men/people...by police...and regular citizens....yeah...who cares about that??? Unless, you like, happen to be black....or hispanic/latin...or a person of color...they are actually getting pretty rough on certain Asian populations out here too....I'm pretty sure when you happen to see your local evening news Kurtfaulk that it's all sunshine, apple pie, rainbows, and whatever...you must stay in eden

this is a football forum

As both of you mentioned, "this is a football forum" so you know better. There are plenty of sites to express those opinions on. I guarantee that discussions like this will become super-divisive if allowed to go on.

I've been a Christian pastor to the inmates at our Federal prison here in Cumberland, MD. for over 17 years and I keep my discussions on religion away from ROD for the same reason. Discussions on politics, religion and race issues on the internet never ends well.

As far as the present unemployment of Colin Kaepernick and RGIII goes; I find it ludicrous that neither of these players have yet to be signed by a team. That said, neither myself nor anyone here knows the exact reason for that. Only the 32 owners know for sure and they're not talking.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh no...not this again....What about Farve not knowing what the hell a nickle defense is??? Why jrry? Why counselor???? First they get rid of his HC/QB whisperer....then his receivers....and linemen....and now a guy with like a 20-30 something wonderlic is a dummy? I think he's a bright one...social issues show he's not some go to the strip club, buy gold jewelry, grill for his mouth...cars...c'mon he was hanging with Michelle Obama....

Nothing more needs to be said than this:
View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000570028/49ers-Colin-Kaepernick-doesn-t-see-open-receiver

But I will say just a little more: Mental acuity in the football context doesn't refer to actual intelligence. It refers to a QB's ability to take what he knows and use it on the field in the game. Some brilliant people don't have that ability. Some dumb people do. Look at Ryan Fitzpatrick and Dan Marino as examples. Kaepernick doesn't have that ability.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
I wouldn't mind RG3.

I personally think he has had bad luck. I would welcome him with open arms, as a backup.

Just throwing this out there... what if his medical issues were in large part because of his teams medical staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.