Just re-watched the Bronco game…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I think drafting a OC somewhere during day 2 of the draft (2-3rd rounds) is a must. That is all.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
All very reasonable.

Im hyper-focused on next year… that’s why I’m very big on bringing Nsekhe back… a professional backup. I don’t want a project in that spot next year.

With Allen… I just think his body is telling us everything we need to know.

I'm all aboard the bring back Nsekhe train, ... he, Jackson, Noteboom & a mid-level draft pick should get us thru 2023 at LT, then I'd concentrate 2024 seeking an upgrade if it's still warranted. jmo.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm all aboard the bring back Nsekhe train, ... he, Jackson, Noteboom & a mid-level draft pick should get us thru 2023 at LT, then I'd concentrate 2024 seeking an upgrade if it's still warranted. jmo.
I wonder if Zachary Thomas is a prospect and I feel comfortable with Arcuri as a 4th LT….. I think.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I wonder if Zachary Thomas is a prospect and I feel comfortable with Arcuri as a 4th LT….. I think.

Can't really say, but the Rams saw something they liked, I really need to see more of him, perhaps during the 2023 pre-season games. He does need to add strength & weight, so his developmental time should be useful. Otherwise, your guess is as good as mine.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
We’re not going to generally handle teams like the 49ers unless we beef up the OL and commit to protecting Staff with a run game threat. Stronger OLs correlate with the winningest teams year in, year out, for the obvious reasons. The Whit acquisition, and even bringing in Corbet obviously paid off. Not keeping up with replacement or letting OL walk hasn’t worked, as would be expected.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Nobody knows. But I would guess he expected Goff to develop quicker in his reads and protection calls than he did. Because those were a big part of why he was moved to Detroit IMO. I think McVay lost patience with his development basically. But we will never know the real reason. Could be that he sent a message to everyone on accident that he'd "pipe" McVay's girlfriend. :laugh4:
Yes, it is a good guess that the Rams got impatient with Goff. I am sure from their point of view, they had a window of opportunity with Witworth and AD and they really needed something now.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Can't really say, but the Rams saw something they liked, I really need to see more of him, perhaps during the 2023 pre-season games. He does need to add strength & weight, so his developmental time should be useful. Otherwise, your guess is as good as mine.

River when you do a deep dive into all the 2022 Draft Projection of skills & talent Zac Thomas had San Diego State demonstrated in college its falls in line with what McVay mandates in his interior OL'ers.

Primarily a starting LT before that starting RT with some OG starts. ZT has only been active for one game since he has been elevated from the PS over a month ago. What has materialized here with ZT is the Rams are certainly looking at him as a youthful developmental project @ both OG posts into the future. ZT is signed in 2023 & will be an ERFA in 2024.

The positive is for the future Rams team it's one less 2023 3rd day draft selection needed for a developmental project OG since they have one already here now & involved in training as we post.

Overview
Tackle-to-guard prospect with run-blocking talent to work with, Thomas is a fit for zone-scheme teams as a sticky move blocker with the ability to shift and stay connected while continuing to keep his feet moving. He lacks the desired mass and power to generate much downhill push, but improved hand placement could help. His play strength, in general, needs an upgrade, as does his protection posture, to prevent defenders from exploiting certain flaws. Thomas has late-round potential and could find a place on an NFL roster as a guard with emergency tackle flexibility.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
That has been my best-suggested LT plan going forward that I can come up with. I do not see Rookie AJ Arcuri as anything more than an EMERGENCY game-day LT plug-in. Arcuri is an RT & nothing more. Rookie Zac Thomas is much the same as the EMERGENCY game day LT plugin too IF he has a future in the NFL @ OG.

Someone needs to tell me & ROD any possible negative element to resigning the veteran Journeyman LT Ty Nsekhe......where is the negative in this decision?

Ty Nsekhe would be a low-cost signing. Ty was a WWC when we signed him in the middle of this season. Thus far his cap hit to have him starting has only been $600K to play in 8 gms .....has to be a major bargain! I have no idea why the Rams have not locked him up for 2023 sounds like a stupid move if they don't.
I think drafting a OC somewhere during day 2 of the draft (2-3rd rounds) is a must. That is all.
When you review what the Rams have locked in contract & what OL'er they could easily ......resign the CENTER position looks the weakest.

Snead does have some "locked-in" OL prospects for the RT & OG positions signed for 2023:

RT Rob Havenstein
RT A J Arcuri
RG Coleman Shelton
RG Logan Bruss
LG Tremayne Anchrum
OG Zac Thomas
LT Joe Noteboom
LT Alaric Jackson

Then there are these currently signed under-contract Rams now low-cost type prospects that are available now if they are wanted by Carberry:

OG Chandler Brewer
LT Ty Nsekhe
LG/OC Matt Shura
RG O'day Aboushi
OG David Edwards
RT Max Pircher
OC Jeremiah Kolone
OG/OC Cole Toner

My position currently is the 2023 Ram Ol could easily have more than enough numbers to field a decent 10-player OL unit on the MR53 but what is sorely needed is a couple of young
higher talented skilled OL'ers to blend in.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
My position currently is the 2023 Ram Ol could easily have more than enough numbers to field a decent 10-player OL unit on the MR53 but what is sorely needed is a couple of young higher talented skilled OL'ers to blend in.

Yes, ... a quality C/OG kills two birds with one stone, and a mid-round LT type that will compete for a swing role. jmo.

Last edited:

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
They value OL. Just not like some other teams. And those other teams. How many Lombardi's do they have the last 5 years?

It's not luck. It's fiscal responsibility. Laramy Tunsil just announced he wants to be the highest paid LT. He's #3 on the list currently. WTF, has he done that has made his team winners and earned him the highest paid moniker? They're 2-12-1 !!!! Yeah, that's great they have a franchise LT!!!

Look at the top 10 LTs in salary. Williams, Bakhtiari, Tunsil, Stanley, Matthews, Miller, Robinson, Bolles, Humphries. Orlando Brown and Taylor Lewan. I know, that's 11. And you know how many SB rings they've earned in the last 5 year. ZERO!!! Why? Because there's not enough money for the other important positions after paying the LT and QB.

The Rams don't value paying OL huge Jack like those guys get. Because they are invested in Stafford, Kupp, Donald, Ramsey, Floyd and Robinson. Why? Because those are the guys who prevent and score points. You're gonna get sacked twice a game (if the QB has balls), whether you have a great line or not.
I don't think anyone can disagree with your take on how the Rams allocate resources and what positions they value. By "luck" I just meant they hope those less invested-in still pan out and can get the job done, with great coaching, etc. It has usually worked out, but other seasons hasn't. To your other point about LTs: Whit got paid, and those guys (I forget the team) went to a couple SBs, and even won one.:laugh1: I think you need lots of luck to have an entire starting OL of jags generate wins, especially with what happened to Stafford this season--that needs urgent attention imo.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I don't think anyone can disagree with your take on how the Rams allocate resources and what positions they value. By "luck" I just meant they hope those less invested-in still pan out and can get the job done, with great coaching, etc. It has usually worked out, but other seasons hasn't. To your other point about LTs: Whit got paid, and those guys (I forget the team) went to a couple SBs, and even won one.:laugh1: I think you need lots of luck to have an entire starting OL of jags generate wins, especially with what happened to Stafford this season--that needs urgent attention imo.
Not a couple of Superbowls. One. Jake Matthews with Atlanta in 2016. Zero have won it.

Here's a list of the LT's who played LT for the last 10 SB Champs....and their salary that year.
2021 Whitworth / 4 mil
2020 Donovan Smith / 14.5 mil

2019 Cam Erving / 1.4 mil
2018 Trent Brown / 1.9 mil (his only season at LT)
2017 Halapoulivaati Vaitai / 0.54 mil (he's an OG who played LT in the SB)
2016 Nate Solder / 6.0 mil
2015 Ryan Harris / 0.87 mil (played 9 years, started 16 games at LT)
2014 Nate Solder / 0.79 mil
2013 Russell Okung / 7.0 mil
2012 Bryant McKinnie / 1.8 mil

I'm not seeing these expensive franchise LT's winning the SB. Whitworth? Sure. Donovan Smith? Yeah. Okung? Okay. The rest?

I'm not saying having a franchise LT is dumb, but you need other guys with talent on the OL.....and continuity. On the other hand, not having a franchise LT doesn't prevent you from winning the SB....IF you have a "solid" OL and continuity.

Last edited: