Just re-watched the Bronco game…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I wonder if the two TE sets had more to do with Skow being out, rather than McVay coming to a realization about the effectiveness of 12 personnel. Maybe McVay just needed another big receiver and Hopkins was the next man up. I hope not. Hopkins can do what Skow can only he's a size bigger and that helps the decimated OL. We'll see....

Consensus was this was the reason.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Nsekhe was fun to watch. To me it's the first time I've felt we had a legit starter over there since Whit; he seemed to just handle everything comfortably. His age might be less of a factor because he hasn't started much. With him in the mix our "committee" of LTs might allow us to focus on bringing in a G or C (or both).
Yeah, I had posted something similar to this on Nsekhe last week in the 20 Random thread. Sign him to a cap-friendly, incentives laden contract. I think he's shown that his experience counts for something at this point and I know I feel comfortable with him in the line up also.

~ArkyRamsFan~

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Nsekhe was fun to watch. To me it's the first time I've felt we had a legit starter over there since Whit; he seemed to just handle everything comfortably. His age might be less of a factor because he hasn't started much. With him in the mix our "committee" of LTs might allow us to focus on bringing in a G or C (or both).
Assuming they trade down a little in rd 2 and get an extra late 3rd or early 4th.... my first 4 picks would be in no particular order

C, OT, Edge, TE (Assuming they move on from Higbee)

Then in rds 5 & 6 (6 picks)
RB, DT, CB, S, OG, OG

Taking a few swings at OG, and getting a RB and secondary depth.

Of course they could end up with more or less picks, but just an idea of what they could do.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I could see letting Allen go, move Shelton to C and signing a vet G.....Jenkins from GB or someone in that price range.
Best case Bruss is ready to go at G, but, that is probably not likely.
Your not going to just cut Brian Allen. Then again they cut John Sullivan.I just thick it might be a season to soon. Same with Noteboom. A’ Jackson & blood clot. Have to be thought about.

Singing a Guard is a must. What happens with Skura or O’Day will
be interesting. Same a Ty Nesh

fearsomefour

Legend
Your not going to just cut Brian Allen. Then again they cut John Sullivan.I just thick it might be a season to soon. Same with Noteboom. A’ Jackson & blood clot. Have to be thought about.

Singing a Guard is a must. What happens with Skura or O’Day will
be interesting. Same a Ty Nesh
Ty and Skura should be pretty cheap to keep....solid vet guys with plenty of starting experience.
Surely, better depth than they had entering this season.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Assuming they trade down a little in rd 2 and get an extra late 3rd or early 4th.... my first 4 picks would be in no particular order

C, OT, Edge, TE (Assuming they move on from Higbee)

Then in rds 5 & 6 (6 picks)
RB, DT, CB, S, OG, OG

Taking a few swings at OG, and getting a RB and secondary depth.

Of course they could end up with more or less picks, but just an idea of what they could do.
I don’t know.
I mean.. does Aboushi get starter money somewhere? Is it worth it to pay him enough to compete for a job next season?

Havenstein, Bruss, Shelton, Anchrum, Jackson, Aboushi, Arcuri Nsekhe… a rookie Center & a tackle… that’s 10.

Do they bring in any guard in that scenario better than Aboushi? And you already have some young guys developing… I didn’t even mention Brewer.

oldnotdead

Legend
Morris simply doesn't like Rochell. That's why even with Durant playing he keeps trotting out Kendricks who can't cover and at times plays less than 100%. WTF play Robert, he's going to give you 100% on every play and he's the superior player to Kendrick.

The fact he's kept Durant benched all season proves what I've been saying and why he was let go in Atlanta. Morris is a very poor DC because he knows better, in regards to his scheme and players.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Morris simply doesn't like Rochell. That's why even with Durant playing he keeps trotting out Kendricks who can't cover and at times plays less than 100%. WTF play Robert, he's going to give you 100% on every play and he's the superior player to Kendrick.

The fact he's kept Durant benched all season proves what I've been saying and why he was let go in Atlanta. Morris is a very poor DC because he knows better, in regards to his scheme and players.
Yeah.. he should’ve put Durant out there when… he… was… injured.

oldnotdead

Legend
Skura sucks. Hell when PFF says you suck you really do. The Broncos didn't isolate him or run stunts on him. If they had they would have beatened him every time. He's exactly like Blythe, weak, slow, and slow to react. He's the weak link and could be exposed by the Chargers.

Playing the Chargers could be a return to reality kind of game for the OL. Their secondary can make you pay if you make a mistake. With Mack and Bosa all they have to do is stunt Bosa and he will eat Skura's lunch. Mack looks like he's lost a step but he looks like he's an overmatch for Havenstein. The Chargers normally play the screen well. Higbee will need to have a big day again.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
He's been back since week 6 and what was this week again?
Several weeks after that.

We don’t know how much missing time slowed him or where he was on development.

We know his tackling is a big issue.

That the coach wouldn’t play him because “he doesn’t like him” is some great, cheap radio host nonsense… but.. go on.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I don’t know.
I mean.. does Aboushi get starter money somewhere? Is it worth it to pay him enough to compete for a job next season?

Havenstein, Bruss, Shelton, Anchrum, Jackson, Aboushi, Arcuri Nsekhe… a rookie Center & a tackle… that’s 10.

Do they bring in any guard in that scenario better than Aboushi? And you already have some young guys developing… I didn’t even mention Brewer.
Yeah, but you need to get some youth for the future in the system. Anchrum will be in the last yr of his contract, same with Brewer. So while young, will they be here past next yr? Nsekhe & Aboushi are short term vets who are pretty long in the tooth.

So at OT you have an old vet RT, an injury prone starting LT, a 37 yr old journeyman who is not under contract, and a 7th round rookie RT. The key will be is do they feel Alaric Jackson is the future at LT or at G... and is his health not an issue in their minds?

And they really don't have a young stud center. They are relying on over achiever types who have an injury history.

So let's bring in some youth and let the competition create the best OL possible.

And they will likley have 10 picks or more so they have room to add some OL depth.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yeah, but you need to get some youth for the future in the system. Anchrum will be in the last yr of his contract, same with Brewer. So while young, will they be here past next yr? Nsekhe & Aboushi are short term vets who are pretty long in the tooth.

So at OT you have an old vet RT, an injury prone starting LT, a 37 yr old journeyman who is not under contract, and a 7th round rookie RT. The key will be is do they feel Alaric Jackson is the future at LT or at G... and is his health not an issue in their minds?

And they really don't have a young stud center. They are relying on over achiever types who have an injury history.

So let's bring in some youth and let the competition create the best OL possible.

And they will likley have 10 picks or more so they have room to add some OL depth.
I included a rookie Center & Tackle in my projection. :)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ty and Skura should be pretty cheap to keep....solid vet guys with plenty of starting experience.
Surely, better depth than they had entering this season.
Could they be the answer for now as The Rams try to rebuild & add to the depth?
—example of maybe eating dead (cap) money?

Such as signing those type of players,but willing to make the hard choice & have actual solid competition.

Ty Neske
Matt Skura
O’day
Edwards(???) Free Agent(g/t)
Noteboom
Allen
Jackson
Bruss
Anchrum
Draft —

Shelton & Big Rob being keepers
letting the above battle it out. Not afraid to cut Bruss?

Bobby Evans against Tampa Bay & The COACHING STAFF not willing to SiT him. The Rams not cutting him has to make Ram Fans wonder WTF?

I guess he is a good locker room guy & knows the offense well.

fearsomefour

Legend

Such as signing those type of players,but willing to make the hard choice & have actual solid competition.

Ty Neske
Matt Skura
O’day
Noteboom
Allen
Jackson
Bruss
Anchrum
Draft —

Bobby Evans against Tampa Bay & The COACHING STAFF not willing to SiT him. The Rams not cutting him has to make Ram Fans wonder WTF?

Ty could end up starting at LT next year given the injury to Noteboom and lack of experience of Jackson. I don't see the Rams spending big money on a FA LT, if there are even going to be any out there worth the money. Let them battle it out. Ty won't cost a lot.
Skura is a solid veteran depth kind of guy to me.
He won't cost much and can provide depth at all three interior OL spots. The plan would not be for him to start but to provide better depth than the likes of Evans or Kolone.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
The refusal to make the change(s) is strange to me.
Durant has to be on the field. As I posted on another thread, he has been targeted 13 times with passes and 3 pics and leads the league in return yardage.
He is a ball hawk.
Hopkins can play and has shown that on the rare occasions he gets to play.
He was rated pretty highly coming out of college and I, along with others, thought he was a bit of a steal where he was drafted. Why the team has refused to incorporate him, esp with Higbee being injured this year, is beyond me.
Resigning both Ty (who is starting to string together good games) and Skura should be done this offseason for depth.
Yes on Ty NO on Sakura he was terrible all the other games on par with Evans.

Malibu

Pro Bowler

Ty Neske
Matt Skura
O’day
Noteboom
Allen
Jackson
Bruss
Anchrum
Draft —

Why would you say think about cutting Bruss he didn't play this season but for one play. He was a rookie and a 3rd rounder.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Our best boundary corners are Durant and Ramsey. I would park both of them in those roles and leave them. Kendrick in the slot, either him or Hill. Whoever is not is the dime. That is a solid secondary in terms of cover ability IMO, and potentially can improve as the kids get experience.

Too much is being made of Durant's tackling. In order to threaten him outside the hash you need to run quick screens, and he's a threat to jump any pass that is out wide if it is late or poorly thrown. Just my take on this issue. Those types of cover threats get in a QB's head on those quick passes to the sideline, they make that pass something to dread instead of what it has been all season which is a guaranteed 5-10 yard gain. Durant is a guy who is comfortable 5 yards off vs a good wideout and ready to jump the route. He is not going to spot a dude ten fucking yards because he's not confident like Long, Rochell, Kendrick, even Ramsey at times.

The sorting of our secondary roles has been slow and poorly devised IMO. Been saying this for a while now. Slot is easily filled. We have multiple options to fill it. The problem is settling roles outside the hash and the guy who can help us out there is Durant.
I would cut Kendricks he literally terrible. Right on cue he gets put in and he gets burned by Wilson.