Julio Jones traded to Tennessee

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
For those advocating trading either Woods or Kupp as an inclusion in a hypothetical Julio Jones trade I must ask if you have seen that video of the amazing pass from Stafford to Kupp for a TD in Tuesday’s OTA?

Ummmmm...

Rams don’t need Julio. Stafford’s already got all the weapons he needs to win a SB.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
The Rams' participation in the Julio Jones trade sweepstakes is dead, according to Mike Florio, who once reported that Terry Bradshaw was dead.

(As a side note, I'm neither hoping for this trade nor am I predicting that the Rams will trade for Julio. If they did, though, it would be amusing to see the Ass-hat, Eddie Munster as an adult, blowhard Florio have his "report" blow up in his face.)

Last edited:

dang

Legend
The Rams' participation in the Julio Jones trade sweepstakes is dead, according to Mike Florio, who once reported that Terry Bradshaw was dead.

(As a side note, I'm neither hoping for this trade nor am I predicting that the Rams will trade for Julio. If they did, though, it would be amusing to see the Ass-hat, Eddie Munster as an adult, blowhard Florio have his "report" blow up in his face.)
I think Foolio will have many chances for things to blow in his face besides this ass-hat report on Julio and the rams.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
I am just guessing that the Rams have or will make the Falcons a VERY Low Ball Offer and if by some chance it gets accepted - GREAT! If, Not - NO BIG LOSS!!!! I doubt the Rams ever thought that they had much of a chance to get Jones but why not at least give it a shot?!

dang

Legend
I am just guessing that the Rams have or will make the Falcons a VERY Low Ball Offer and if by some chance it gets accepted - GREAT! If, Not - NO BIG LOSS!!!! I doubt the Rams ever thought that they had much of a chance to get Jones but why not at least give it a shot?!
burn that bridge....

PARAM

Hall of Fame
he made a stupendous catch to put the falcons well inside fg range so all they had to do was run it 3 times to make the cheats use their time outs and then kick the fg to put them 11 points ahead and win the superbowl.

it's not his fault ratboy called a long developing pass play which led to a sack and put them out of fg range.

"Well in FG range"? That catch got Atlanta to New England's 49 yard line. And they ran the ball on the next play for -1 yard. 50 yard line. From there, it's a 67 yard FG and Bryant's long was 59. Come on man!!!

But besides that, WTF does "making a great catch" in the SB 5 years ago have to do with whether trading for him at age 32 is a smart move? Bottom line? His presence wasn't enough to win the SB at age 27 and he'll be 33 when SB XLI kicks off.

Great player. Great career. It's closer to over than it is to the beginning.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Well in FG range"? That catch got Atlanta to New England's 49 yard line. And they ran the ball on the next play for -1 yard. 50 yard line. From there, it's a 67 yard FG and Bryant's long was 59. Come on man!!!

But besides that, WTF does "making a great catch" in the SB 5 years ago have to do with whether trading for him at age 32 is a smart move? Bottom line? His presence wasn't enough to win the SB at age 27 and he'll be 33 when SB XLI kicks off.

Actually, it was to the cheats 22 yard line. It was an amazing catch that defied belief. He made the play that should have won the falcons the superbowl. Alas, ratboy.

And it has nothing to do with the Rams trading for him. You asked what did his contract do for the falcons apart from losing a superbowl and I just wanted to point out he made the play which should have iced the superbowl for them but ratboy screwed it up.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually, it was to the cheats 22 yard line. It was an amazing catch that defied belief. He made the play that should have won the falcons the superbowl. Alas, ratboy.

And it has nothing to do with the Rams trading for him. You asked what did his contract do for the falcons apart from losing a superbowl and I just wanted to point out he made the play which should have iced the superbowl for them but ratboy screwed it up.

Julio deserved every bit of that contract, talk about taking his game to a higher level. In 8 post season games, he has 61 catches (75% catch rate) for 834 yards and 6 TD. Amazing talent.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

My bad. You're right.

4 catches 87 yards 0 TDs. Like I said, great player. #29 on the all time receptions list. He might join 17 of the 28 guys ahead of him who never won a SB. HOFer for sure. So he's in good company in both respects.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I’m going to say it now before any deal is done…

I don’t think that trading for Jones would make the Seahawks a better team. They’re already loaded at WR, and Jones could make them more likely to abandon the run, which has not worked well for them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don’t think that trading for Jones would make the Seahawks a better team. They’re already loaded at WR, and Jones could make them more likely to abandon the run, which has not worked well for them.
+1

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I honestly feel like the media is all over the place about Julio Jones and doesn't know jack shit. Is it me or does it seem like they're throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks more than usual?

dang

Legend
I honestly feel like the media is all over the place about Julio Jones and doesn't know jack shit. Is it me or does it seem like they're throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks more than usual?
smells like shit, looks like shit, feels like shit. Consensus: It’s shit!!!

rams1fan

Pro Bowler

Maybe not. Jones is probably the best blocking wr in the league. With him and tj in 2 wr sets that is killer.

plus they could perhaps trade lockett. This is not unlike the rams trading for ramsey when we had talib and peters

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe not. Jones is probably the best blocking wr in the league. With him and tj in 2 wr sets that is killer.

plus they could perhaps trade lockett. This is not unlike the rams trading for ramsey when we had talib and peters
They cant trade Lockett, they just signed him to an extension. Would be a dead cap hit of 34 mill

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Foolio will have many chances for things to blow in his face besides this ass-hat report on Julio and the rams.
We won't hear about it.

He will be patting himself on the back pretty hard for one good call out of the hundred he makes though.