Julio Jones traded to Tennessee

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For those wondering about having too many WRs, look at Tampa. Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Antonio Brown and TEs Gronk and...the other guy I’m too lazy to look up.
Big difference though that they are only paying Brown 3 mill, and last year was only league minimum. I dont think Jones would be willing to take a pay cut.....

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Florio now reporting the Rams are out of the mix.
14bR.gif

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think the Cap ramifications are a separate issue from the concerns regarding the Rams not having enough of a need for his skills.

I don’t really sweat the cap issues. If McVay is confident that Jones could help us win the Super Bowl, that’s all I need and the fact that the Rams are even considering it shows he is confident.

Whether it happens? We’ll see soon enough.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Rams are smart to get involved regardless because it can definitely drive the price up for our divisional foes. It's entirely possible that the Rams also gave their best offer and we're told no so they may have told Atlanta to call them if they can't get a better deal. Who really knows though? Just interested in seeing how it goes down.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure what the Rams true interest is with Julio Jones because they already have a loaded WR group on their current roster.

On paper without some adjustments to this trade doesn't work, unless they have plan post June 1st when it becomes reality for all teams interested..

The Rams don't operate on the surface if they want a player, .

I hope they find a away to make this trade happen. I think Julio is big piece of the puzzle to get the Rams back in the Super Bow and to win it this time.

I could be wrong but if the Rams have a way to trade for him, I will very happy if they can pull it if off.

If not, I won't fret and I believe the Rams are a top NFL team heading into the 2021 season regardless of Julio.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure what the Rams true interest is with Julio Jones because they already have a loaded WR group on their current roster.

On paper without some adjustments to this trade doesn't work, unless they have plan post June 1st when it becomes reality for all teams interested..

The Rams don't operate on the surface if they want a player, .

I hope they find a away to make this trade happen. I think Julio is big piece of the puzzle to get the Rams back in the Super Bow and to win it this time.

I could be wrong but if the Rams have a way to trade for him, I will be very happy if they can pull it if off.

If not, I won't fret and I believe the Rams are a top NFL team heading into the 2021 season regardless of Julio being aquired.

I'm in the minority hoping the Rams find a way to acquire Julio.
1028173850.jpeg

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
To be honest with you I don’t really care! If the Rams trade for Jones - Great! I think he is definitely a GREAT WR and could make the Rams ALREADY very good & very dangerous Offense even better & scarier (For Opposing Defenses!)!

If the Rams don’t trade for him - Great! I think the Rams Offense is going to be pretty AWESOME with or without Jones! And, I am not sure I would be thrilled to see the Rams trade any of their WR’s (Woods, Kupp or Jefferson/I am assuming it would be Jefferson!) as part of a trade with the Falcons not to mention the Draft Picks and money that I would think would also have to be considered for this trade!

I am guessing that this is all a moot point since it sounds like the Rams have already pulled themselves out of the Julio Jones Sweepstakes?!

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He doesnt have a no trade, so Atlanta wont care what he thinks, he'll be someone else's problem. Frankly, I think Detroit has a better chance to make playoffs than the Patriots do, and they seem to be talked up a bit

I see this as sort of similar to the Stafford situation. One of the franchises best players ever, wants a last chance to win with the team heading toward a rebuild - I imagine they will trade him to a team he wants to go to even though he doesnt have a no trade clause

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I see this as sort of similar to the Stafford situation. One of the franchises best players ever, wants a last chance to win with the team heading toward a rebuild - I imagine they will trade him to a team he wants to go to even though he doesnt have a no trade clause

Players seem to be choosing or giving a list regardless I think falcons will do right by him. That said player can pull an Antonio Brown like with the bills and then the kabosh gets put on it. So they don't control where but they do. Again though I think falcons will do the right thing.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I have a feeling we'll hear more chatter tomorrow since that June 1st date is a big difference maker. I highly doubt the Falcons get a fair return which in turn will spurn more teams to jump in, but with obvious low ball offers. Look at what we had to eat pick wise to get rid of Goff's contract. Don't think for one second teams haven't viewed the trade as a favor to the Falcons as a salary dump because it truly is. Falcons will eventually cave to their current demands.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Yea I actually think the rams may have offer on the table or did but might have been scared off because rumors swirling Julio wants a new deal and while that could help rams short term long term it would be crushing if he was even 30 it would be almost a pill worth swallowing but 32 and what a new 3-4 year contract and pay him 20+ mill in years 2 3 and 4 lol ..no Ty if that's the case see ya and might have scared the rams away. You either want to win or you don't. I know it's a business but having been so close the day may come where you have to choose money or chip chance? Rarely at this stage will you get both.

MachS

Hall of Fame
No one is more plugged into the Rams than Peter Shraeger and he confirmed the report from Florio and NBC. Always seems like Shraegs has the big info on us, but he has to be careful how transparent he is at times. You know him and McVay talk about all this shit.

Below are his is tweets from yesterday and it does look like we're officially out. Atlanta asked for key vets that we didn't want to give up. Woods or Kupp? Hav? Who knows, but it's interesting.

1622494350113.png

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
No one is more plugged into the Rams than Peter Shraeger and he confirmed the report from Florio and NBC. Always seems like Shraegs has the big info on us, but he has to be careful how transparent he is at times. You know him and McVay talk about all this shit.

Below are his is tweets from yesterday and it does look like we're officially out. Atlanta asked for key vets that we didn't want to give up. Woods or Kupp? Hav? Who knows, but it's interesting.

View attachment 45706
"Key veterans" seemingly must mean Kupp or Woods. That's too high a price to pay imo. McVay is smart to stay out unless somehow a better deal comes around to the Rams (which seems unlikely but who knows.)

dang

Legend
So now that The Julio sweepstakes has apparently passed are the Rams considering any FA help at Edge/ILB that would kickstart the season? or depth at CB/S/DL for a year.

MachS

Hall of Fame
"Key veterans" seemingly must mean Kupp or Woods. That's too high a price to pay imo. McVay is smart to stay out unless somehow a better deal comes around to the Rams (which seems unlikely but who knows.)
Yea it's interesting. I would think trading either Kupp or Woods in a Julio deal is very worth it. Maybe McVay doesn't? But Shraeger said "veterans" plural. So they must have wanted Kupp/Woods + another vet. Plus a pick. That's my guess. Wonder who the other vet could have been if Woods or Kupp was the first player. Regardless yea its definitely too much. I really like our WR corp as it stands right now.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
So now that The Julio sweepstakes has apparently passed are the Rams considering any FA help at Edge/ILB that would kickstart the season? or depth at CB/S/DL for a year.
I'm going to say it hasn't passed quite yet. The Falcons are sure to make the rounds again once they realize they aren't going to get what they want for Julio Jones. They could circle back around to us so you never know. If he goes elsewhere, I can definitely see us picking some else up. Just not sure where. I'll vote to add Geno Atkins to our line to give us more pass rush juice tho.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm going to say it hasn't passed quite yet. The Falcons are sure to make the rounds again once they realize they aren't going to get what they want for Julio Jones. They could circle back around to us so you never know. If he goes elsewhere, I can definitely see us picking some else up. Just not sure where. I'll vote to add Geno Atkins to our line to give us more pass rush juice tho.
Time to stick a fork in it bro, it’s done.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Time to stick a fork in it bro, it’s done.
With any other front office I'd completely agree with you, but Snead is a different beast. Remember, Snead is the same guy that admitted to trying to get Khalil Mack with the plan of trading him at the end of the season since they wouldn't have been able to afford to keep him around lol. I honestly wouldn't lose sleep if we don't get Jones. My only view is that Atlanta is holding out hope they'll get better than the low ball offers they've gotten which they won't. They'll make a last ditch effort to drum up better deals in the coming days. Doubt they'll get a great deal tho.

dang

Legend
Maybe the 69ers are offering a first round pick.......wait........they don’t have one until 2024!!!