Julio Jones traded to Tennessee

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I can't figure out how to post the video on here but it popped up on my NFL account this morning that Peter Schrager thinks the Rams are the best fit for Julio because Raheem Morris was his WRs coach for 5 years in ATL and that rams just like to make these kind of moves. I know there's probably a 1% chance of this happening but I thought it would be fun to see what the thoughts were on a move like this. Who knows what it would take maybe Robert Woods and a 3rd rounder? Anyway I thought it would be fun to discuss.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
I mean, yeah, that would be insane, but do we even have the money for it. Plus I really hate the idea of trading Woods. He is ridiculously undervalued.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Not holding my breath for Jones.

Firstly, WR is hardly a team need. I mean, we’re LOADED there.

I’d infinitely prefer a bold move at WOLB.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He is 32 so 3 years older than Woods. I think he is likely to be on the decline so it really doesn’t give us that much help, it would be over a short period and a big cap hit.

I personally do not think it would be a good investment.

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
Agreed with all the reasons given above why I wouldn't want to do this but the biggest factor in why it isn't going to happen is his cap hit is like $23 million. And while I'm sure some of that is bonus and situational that we wouldn't be on the hook for all of it his base salary is over $15 million which by itself we sure as hell can't afford at the moment. Add in the fact he is oft injured lately.

If this does come to fruition as far as Jones being traded I can see him reunited with Shanahan in SF. Their WR corps is lacking.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Jones would make any team better tbh. To include the Rams. So I am sure they're interested.

But we have nothing to trade for him. And fitting him in would require cutting or moving guys who restructured their contracts. So this seems damn near impossible to me.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Jones would make any team better tbh. To include the Rams. So I am sure they're interested.

But we have nothing to trade for him. And fitting him in would require cutting or moving guys who restructured their contracts. So this seems damn near impossible to me.

IDK, presently Julio Jones is like the vintage sportscar in the garage. Takes awhile to warm up and when pressed, blows a gasket, but boy it sure looks nice.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
IDK, presently Julio Jones is like the vintage sportscar in the garage. Takes awhile to warm up and when pressed, blows a gasket, but boy it sure looks nice.
I will admit that the dominant #1 type WRs are more a fan obsession than they are a requirement for wins or championships. But one of the reasons this is true is because teams can double and remove that weapon while they put their top corner on the #2 WR threat. With the Rams if you double Julio then you have other threats running wild. Someone would feast, either Kupp or Woody.

So I think he would be an enormous addition I just don't see how Snead would pull that off.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

We don't need him. Now if we were trading for a pro-bowl Center....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No 1sts for a couple years. No real youth to trade of value that we can afford to lose. Love Pete but he has no idea how we would get him or afford him so not sure this should be given any credence, he even says it's a fantasy move.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No 1sts for a couple years. No real youth to trade of value that we can afford to lose. Love Pete but he has no idea how we would get him or afford him so not sure this should be given any credence, he even says it's a fantasy move.
So true, so true
Atlanta is in cap hell with that terrible Matt Ryan contract on their books, they'd take a dead cap hit in 2021 of almost 8 mill and then another 15+ mill dead cap hit in 2022. The team that in theory trades for him? Well, they get him on a somewhat reasonable deal, 15 mill in 2021, then "only" 11.5 mill per with a 2.75 mill option for 22 & 23
So I'd think the only way Atlanta trades him is strictly for draft capital (which the Rams dont have)

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
IDK, This was his first off year with only playing 9 games. 6 straight years prior of 1300 yards or MORE.

1621462578571.png