Jrry32's Plan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
Regroup and give me something more like what you're capable of putting out there. I know you can find ways to explain how things aren't working and how they can get better without rallying for wholesale change 4 weeks into the season. I've seen you do it, and I'm looking forward to it again.

I don't know if that will happen, X. I am loyal to a fault but I reach a breaking point. I did on Bulger. I did on Spags/Devaney. And I believe I have on Sam and Fisher.

I don't know if you're going to see me able to explain how they can get better without change. I'll give it a chance and hope I'm wrong because we're only 4 games in and I'd like to see a winning season but the team that showed up the last 2 weeks is not a team that's capable of winning 5 games...much less 9.

Whose shoulders does that blame fall on?

moklerman

Warner-phile
jrry32 said:
By the way, Jared Cook is seriously ticking me off. Yea, you're an amazing athlete but you can at least act like you give a shat about players that aren't designed to come your way. His blocking efforts are pathetic.

And I lost it on Schottenheimer on the play where he kept Cook into block. Really? Really? You're going to keep Cook into block on a 3rd down? Is it not freaking evident that he doesn't give a rat's behind about blocking?
Jeez, thanks for reminding me! I'd forgotten about that after dreaming about all these changes. WTF!?! Keeping Cook, the high-priced, supposed receiving talent in to block is bad enough but how is he even considered a good option to protect the QB?

I literally hate this offense right now and the playcalling is pathetic. Granted, some of the execution hasn't been too peachy either but I haven't seen anything to suggest that the offense is consistently putting players in good matchups or running plays to get guys open.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
X said:
C'mon Jrry...

4 games into year 2 of an unprecedented rebuild, and you want to start all over again...

AGAIN?

You people need to get off the freakin' ledge and drink some chamomile tea.
Yeah, X, I'm going to agree with Jerry here.

There is simply no excuse right now for our play, the talent level on this team is far better than the product being displayed on the field. Something is structurally wrong. I don't know what that is, but I feed there needs to be major changes.

moklerman

Warner-phile
jrry32 said:
X said:
Regroup and give me something more like what you're capable of putting out there. I know you can find ways to explain how things aren't working and how they can get better without rallying for wholesale change 4 weeks into the season. I've seen you do it, and I'm looking forward to it again.

I don't know if that will happen, X. I am loyal to a fault but I reach a breaking point. I did on Bulger. I did on Spags/Devaney. And I believe I have on Sam and Fisher.

I don't know if you're going to see me able to explain how they can get better without change. I'll give it a chance and hope I'm wrong because we're only 4 games in and I'd like to see a winning season but the team that showed up the last 2 weeks is not a team that's capable of winning 5 games...much less 9.

I've lost all hope at this point too. This team is going nowhere this year. If they can't even be competitive against SF when they're missing Crabtree and half their defense, then I don't see much reason for optimism.

Baltimore fired a much more pedigreed OC last year so if Snead had any balls, Schottenheimer would be out the door tomorrow. It's a mini-bye and the perfect opportunity to make some changes.

No 1-3 team made the playoffs last year so the Rams are already in trouble. Plodding along with this offense that hasn't done anything in a long time in regular situations needs to be scrapped. They were killed by Seattle to end last year and they've been completely stymied since the rest of the league got game tape of week 1.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
X said:

Many shoulders. Of course it all starts at the top and flows down from there, so somebody is going to be entirely covered in shit by the end of the week. I'm hesitant to cash in my chips right now though. I see a lot of confusion on the field, and nobody seems to be playing with instincts and reckless abandon except for maybe McDonald (who's done now), Givens, and Quinn. Most of these guys are way too far in their own heads right now, and it's up to Fisher & company to get them OUT of their own heads. If he can't do it, and this team free-falls, then maybe we take another look and Snead (who has this power) institutes a new rule. No assistant coaches who don't have (this) philosophy. Whatever (this) is. I'm thinking about taking Bradford back to his roots, and let him dictate how he wants the offense to run. Remember his complete disdain for Spags and Shurmur's philosophy? I don't think he's very pleased with this one either.

fearsomefour

Legend
X said:
C'mon Jrry...

4 games into year 2 of an unprecedented rebuild, and you want to start all over again...

AGAIN?

It is exceptionally frustrating....feels like it is never going to turn around....and it may not. But, Im with you X I do NOT want to blow it all up again. Blowing it all up again and eventually you turn into the Raiders (are we the Raiders yet?). You just cannot shift direction every two years and expect to progress.

Im in with Fisher and Snead for the long haul. The thing that concerns me is not two very bad weeks....having a team SO unprepared makes me wonder about their ability to evaluate....player talent or coaches. The first thing to fixing things....almost anything, is being able to see the reality in front of your eyes. Sometimes easier said than done. Fisher cannot be the 310 lb guy talking about how he is big boned and not fat while eating a cheeseburger. Got to own it to fix it.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
HometownBoy said:
moklerman said:
I say go all the way and have a 2001 reunion. Lovie's proved he can be a consistent winner and Martz's offenses always put points on the board.

If I was the billionaire owner I'd give the HC job to Martz because I'd like to see him get a chance to do things his way but whether it was Lovie or Martz, I'd reunite those two and pray to god they put a team on the field that was more exciting than watching paint dry.

If the Rams can get a 1st or more for Bradford, then I say they have to strongly consider trading him. I don't know what to think of him at this point but if Martz wanted to work with him, I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him either.

That's why I gotta stop you.

There's a reason nobody has taken the bait on making Martz a HC since the Rams let him go.

He's a fucking genius at OC, but as a HC he's a fool. No thanks.

This is where I stop you. He's a great coach but should not be drafting players. It's not his fault that nobody in the organization knew what they were doing in the draft room. Who was going to veto him, the old hag ex Vegas show girl murderer, the lawyer or the accountant. Give me a break, what was so wrong about Martz' coaching? His .700 record or the five blown time outs in his lifetime? Wake up. He saved this franchise for five years and never should have been put in a position to draft players. He's not a GM

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
fearsomefour said:
X said:
C'mon Jrry...

AGAIN?

It is exceptionally frustrating....feels like it is never going to turn around....and it may not. But, Im with you X I do NOT want to blow it all up again. Blowing it all up again and eventually you turn into the Raiders (are we the Raiders yet?). You just cannot shift direction every two years and expect to progress.

Im in with Fisher and Snead for the long haul. The thing that concerns me is not two very bad weeks....having a team SO unprepared makes me wonder about their ability to evaluate....player talent or coaches. The first thing to fixing things....almost anything, is being able to see the reality in front of your eyes. Sometimes easier said than done. Fisher cannot be the 310 lb guy talking about how he is big boned and not fat while eating a cheeseburger. Got to own it to fix it.
Mmmmmmmmmm.

Cheeseburgers. :wootwoot:

I'm thinking about their stated philosophy when it comes to draft picks, and it's starting to make sense. They said, many many times, that they like freak athletes who need to be coached up as opposed to decent football players who can play right away. Right now there are too many freak athletes and they're a bit behind the curve as far as being coached up is concerned. So what we see is what we get. Freak athletes who have very little discipline, and less ability to fully absorb everything that's being thrown at them than other 'lower ceiling' guys.

When it comes together, it'll be a thing of beauty.

Again, I'm an optimist. Because I'm stupid like that.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
HometownBoy said:
Warner4Prez said:
Everyone was willing to give their daughters to Fisher and Snead at the end of last year. Three losses to three very good teams mind you, and now it's sell! sell! sell! It's a bit silly guys. Is it coincidental that with the starting cast of o-linemen that Bradford threw for 650 yards and 5 TDs? Something to the tune of 65% completion?

This is the same team dealing with the loss of Saffold, boneheaded penalties and some inability to hang onto the ball. 1-3 and it ain't pretty, I won't deny that at all. But I anticipated growing pains, and I still anticipate this team finding its footing.
I love the Rams as much as you do and I want to see them succeed, but calling the 49ers a good team is a bit of a stretch.

They came in struggling, half our their team sitting on the bench, Colin Kaepernick having bad game after bad game, literally on their back heels in hostile waters.

Yet we weren't even able to look competitive. There's a lot more to this than just growing pains, we're just not getting out of the gates. We look unmotivated and sloppy.

Our team hasn't looked this bad in a while. We let a team down on it's luck completely route us. That's what's got people worried.

There's a difference between losing a hard fight and just rolling over and dying to a team that you shouldn't roll over and die for.

I wish I could fight you on this. This team is battered right now and someone in that locker room needs to turn it around. Steve Jackson was more than the rushing leader on this team. Fact is they're still the youngest team in the NFL and there are still players learning on the fly.

What can I say, gotta try and glean something positive out of this tailspin. :idk:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
moklerman said:
I know we got to see Eddie George and the 2 yard rush offense reincarnated tonight but that crap doesn't work in the NFL now.

Eddie George was ten thousand times better than anyone we have at RB right now.

But aside from that, I agree, the ancient run first attitude isn't going to work nowadays, unless you have SF's Oline.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
smram said:
HometownBoy said:
moklerman said:
I say go all the way and have a 2001 reunion. Lovie's proved he can be a consistent winner and Martz's offenses always put points on the board.

If I was the billionaire owner I'd give the HC job to Martz because I'd like to see him get a chance to do things his way but whether it was Lovie or Martz, I'd reunite those two and pray to god they put a team on the field that was more exciting than watching paint dry.

If the Rams can get a 1st or more for Bradford, then I say they have to strongly consider trading him. I don't know what to think of him at this point but if Martz wanted to work with him, I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him either.

There's a reason nobody has taken the bait on making Martz a HC since the Rams let him go.

He's a fucking genius at OC, but as a HC he's a fool. No thanks.

This is where I stop you. He's a great coach but should not be drafting players. It's not his fault that nobody in the organization knew what they were doing in the draft room. Who was going to veto him, the old hag ex Vegas show girl murderer, the lawyer or the accountant. Give me a break, what was so wrong about Martz' coaching? His .700 record or the five blown time outs in his lifetime? Wake up. He saved this franchise for five years and never should have been put in a position to draft players. He's not a GM

That's kind of why he's bad yeah, he can't draft worth anything. He's pretty poor at talent evaluation in general, very bad at free agent acquisition too. Made the bad decision to get rid of Warner over Bulger and the fact that he blew up one of the greatest teams of all time.

We're deriding Fisher for his decision making, so we want to get a guy who you've already admitted has terrible decision making in a spot that's all about decision making?

If he's gonna be a head coach, sometimes he'll need to be a head coach. If he needs babying then I'd rather go for somebody else.

Calling plays he's a savant, making the hard decisions? I think I'll still pass.

moklerman

Warner-phile
HE WITH HORNS said:
moklerman said:
I know we got to see Eddie George and the 2 yard rush offense reincarnated tonight but that crap doesn't work in the NFL now.

But aside from that, I agree, the ancient run first attitude isn't going to work nowadays, unless you have SF's Oline.
The only thing great about Eddie George was his ability to run the ball 498 times a game. His 3.6 career ypc is pretty lousy.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
moklerman said:
HE WITH HORNS said:
moklerman said:

The only thing great about Eddie George was his ability to run the ball 498 times a game. His 3.6 career ypc is pretty lousy.
3.6 is still more than Richardson managed today.

moklerman

Warner-phile
HometownBoy said:
smram said:
HometownBoy said:
moklerman said:

He's a freaking genius at OC, but as a HC he's a fool. No thanks.

That's kind of why he's bad yeah, he can't draft worth anything. He's pretty poor at talent evaluation in general, very bad at free agent acquisition too. Made the bad decision to get rid of Warner over Bulger and the fact that he blew up one of the greatest teams of all time.

We're deriding Fisher for his decision making, so we want to get a guy who you've already admitted has terrible decision making in a spot that's all about decision making?

If he's gonna be a head coach, sometimes he'll need to be a head coach. If he needs babying then I'd rather go for somebody else.

Calling plays he's a savant, making the hard decisions? I think I'll still pass.
Personnel decisions are a far cry from coaching decisions. Put a management team and coaching staff in his corner and I think he's still got what it takes. It was only when the Rams front office was in turmoil and all out to get him did Martz start to falter.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Personnel decisions are killing the team.

Oline is a bunch of washed up turds. Pead and Quick are not worth second rounders, even if Quick eventually becomes good it is too long to wait for production. Jenkins looks good. I have no idea what happened to Brockers. Trading away picks for a smurf to play against, bigger, stronger, faster players was a terrible decision. Paying big money for the softest TE in the league and what appears to be the weakest OLT was a huge miscalculation.

Fisher needs to focus on the D and hire a competent OC. Fishers confidence seems more like arrogance these days in that he thinks he has it all figured out. In reality he has a lot of catching up to do in the current NFL. This focusing on big plays as an team philosophy is so simple and one dimensional that it has him looking past fundamentals.

Schott needs to go and Fisher needs to start listening to an OC that Knows what he is talking about. I never wanted Fisher but I think he could be a good head coach(player and team manager) if he had good coordinators. I was resigned to boring ground and pound Fisher ball and now I would welcome it!

BTW for the Martz bashes, even at there worst those Rams offenses never looked this bad.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Elmgrovegnome said:

Oline is a bunch of washed up turds. Pead and Quick are not worth second rounders, even if Quick eventually becomes good it is too long to wait for production. Jenkins looks good. I have no idea what happened to Brockers. Trading away picks for a smurf to play against, bigger, stronger, faster players was a terrible decision. Paying big money for the softest TE in the league and what appears to be the weakest OLT was a huge miscalculation.

Fisher needs to focus on the D and hire a competent OC. Fishers confidence seems more like arrogance these days in that he thinks he has it all figured out. In reality he has a lot of catching up to do in the current NFL. This focusing on big plays as an team philosophy is so simple and one dimensional that it has him looking past fundamentals.

Schott needs to go and Fisher needs to start listening to an OC that Knows what he is talking about. I never wanted Fisher but I think he could be a good head coach(player and team manager) if he had good coordinators. I was resigned to boring ground and pound Fisher ball and now I would welcome it!

BTW for the Martz bashes, even at there worst those Rams offenses never looked this bad.
That's what I'm seeing as well.

I've lost confidence in this coaching staff's ability to adapt to today's NFL. Last night on ESPN101 Fisher said that "if he knew what was wrong with the offense he would fix it". I think that single quote was more telling than just about anything else I've heard.

nighttrain

Legend
jrry32 said:
This might be a time where I should just let it go, cool down and regroup but this is atrocious. This team had real expectations this year and they've come out and played like a 2-14 team two weeks in a row. That's inexcusable.

If I were in charge, this is what I would do AT THE END OF THE YEAR if things do not turn around:
1. Fire Jeff Fisher, Brian Schottenheimer and Tim Walton
2. Trade Sam Bradford(I don't think it's going to work here...another team might be able to salvage him but his confidence is shot here and we aren't going to save him...he's not the answer for us)
3. Cut Cortland Finnegan
4. Hire Lovie Smith as Head Coach
5. Keep Les Snead as GM
6. I bet Lovie Smith brings in Rod Marinhelli as Defensive Coordinator
7. Have Lovie and Snead collaborate on the Offensive Coordinator
8. Draft a QB with one of our two first rounders(looks like a strong class...Bridgewater, Hundley, Hogan, Bortles, Mariota, etc.)

That's it. It's too early to get detailed in what players to acquire in the draft and FA but I think all these moves are necessary. Fisher and Sam have a chance to turn it around but I don't see it happening.

I think Lovie and Marinhelli would get the defense turned around immediately. There is talent on this defense and Lovie and co. know how to get the most out of their talent. If we found a QB, the offense would be good enough to make us a contender.

Lovie, imo, is a lot like Tony Dungy. He will get the most out of a defense but he needs an offensive mind and a QB because it's just not his strong suit.

So...hopefully, we'd find the QB and the OC. But I can't take anymore games like SF and Dallas. I have never been so angry at this team in my life nor have I been as disappointed. It's one thing to suck when you don't have the talent. It's another to suck when you have the talent. The former is a lot easier to deal with than the latter.

how about we keep SB, and talk Lovie into bringing in MM as OC? SB is a lot younger than Kurt was when Mad Mike got him. All he needs is a vet go to receiver. A guy with stlye and smarts, a guy as close to Bruce in football brains as possible.
train
ps
But I can't take anymore games like SF and Dallas. I have never been so angry at this team in my life nor have I been as disappointed.
I'm with you, jsut want to stay positive.

Graphicker

Starter
Stranger said:
Elmgrovegnome said:

That's what I'm seeing as well.

I've lost confidence in this coaching staff's ability to adapt to today's NFL. Last night on ESPN101 Fisher said that "if he knew what was wrong with the offense he would fix it". I think that single quote was more telling than just about anything else I've heard.

Oh my.. where were you week 2 when I needed you lol? Glad you're seeing the light and the Kool-aid is empty.
We'll win next week, Maybe we can get the ball rolling after that, But I have zero faith in this coaching staff.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
nighttrain said:
jrry32 said:
This might be a time where I should just let it go, cool down and regroup but this is atrocious. This team had real expectations this year and they've come out and played like a 2-14 team two weeks in a row. That's inexcusable.

If I were in charge, this is what I would do AT THE END OF THE YEAR if things do not turn around:
1. Fire Jeff Fisher, Brian Schottenheimer and Tim Walton
2. Trade Sam Bradford(I don't think it's going to work here...another team might be able to salvage him but his confidence is shot here and we aren't going to save him...he's not the answer for us)
3. Cut Cortland Finnegan
4. Hire Lovie Smith as Head Coach
5. Keep Les Snead as GM
6. I bet Lovie Smith brings in Rod Marinhelli as Defensive Coordinator
7. Have Lovie and Snead collaborate on the Offensive Coordinator
8. Draft a QB with one of our two first rounders(looks like a strong class...Bridgewater, Hundley, Hogan, Bortles, Mariota, etc.)

That's it. It's too early to get detailed in what players to acquire in the draft and FA but I think all these moves are necessary. Fisher and Sam have a chance to turn it around but I don't see it happening.

I think Lovie and Marinhelli would get the defense turned around immediately. There is talent on this defense and Lovie and co. know how to get the most out of their talent. If we found a QB, the offense would be good enough to make us a contender.

Lovie, imo, is a lot like Tony Dungy. He will get the most out of a defense but he needs an offensive mind and a QB because it's just not his strong suit.

So...hopefully, we'd find the QB and the OC. But I can't take anymore games like SF and Dallas. I have never been so angry at this team in my life nor have I been as disappointed. It's one thing to suck when you don't have the talent. It's another to suck when you have the talent. The former is a lot easier to deal with than the latter.

how about we keep SB, and talk Lovie into bringing in MM as OC? SB is a lot younger than Kurt was when Mad Mike got him. All he needs is a vet go to receiver. A guy with stlye and smarts, a guy as close to Bruce in football brains as possible.
train
ps
But I can't take anymore games like SF and Dallas. I have never been so angry at this team in my life nor have I been as disappointed.
I'm with you, jsut want to stay positive.

If Martz is who Lovie wants, I'd leave it up to them on Sam Bradford.