Jrry32's Plan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This might be a time where I should just let it go, cool down and regroup but this is atrocious. This team had real expectations this year and they've come out and played like a 2-14 team two weeks in a row. That's inexcusable.

If I were in charge, this is what I would do AT THE END OF THE YEAR if things do not turn around:
1. Fire Jeff Fisher, Brian Schottenheimer and Tim Walton
2. Trade Sam Bradford(I don't think it's going to work here...another team might be able to salvage him but his confidence is shot here and we aren't going to save him...he's not the answer for us)
3. Cut Cortland Finnegan
4. Hire Lovie Smith as Head Coach
5. Keep Les Snead as GM
6. I bet Lovie Smith brings in Rod Marinhelli as Defensive Coordinator
7. Have Lovie and Snead collaborate on the Offensive Coordinator
8. Draft a QB with one of our two first rounders(looks like a strong class...Bridgewater, Hundley, Hogan, Bortles, Mariota, etc.)

That's it. It's too early to get detailed in what players to acquire in the draft and FA but I think all these moves are necessary. Fisher and Sam have a chance to turn it around but I don't see it happening.

I think Lovie and Marinhelli would get the defense turned around immediately. There is talent on this defense and Lovie and co. know how to get the most out of their talent. If we found a QB, the offense would be good enough to make us a contender.

Lovie, imo, is a lot like Tony Dungy. He will get the most out of a defense but he needs an offensive mind and a QB because it's just not his strong suit.

So...hopefully, we'd find the QB and the OC. But I can't take anymore games like SF and Dallas. I have never been so angry at this team in my life nor have I been as disappointed. It's one thing to suck when you don't have the talent. It's another to suck when you have the talent. The former is a lot easier to deal with than the latter.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
C'mon Jrry...

4 games into year 2 of an unprecedented rebuild, and you want to start all over again...

AGAIN?

You people need to get off the freakin' ledge and drink some chamomile tea.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I say go all the way and have a 2001 reunion. Lovie's proved he can be a consistent winner and Martz's offenses always put points on the board.

If I was the billionaire owner I'd give the HC job to Martz because I'd like to see him get a chance to do things his way but whether it was Lovie or Martz, I'd reunite those two and pray to god they put a team on the field that was more exciting than watching paint dry.

If the Rams can get a 1st or more for Bradford, then I say they have to strongly consider trading him. I don't know what to think of him at this point but if Martz wanted to work with him, I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him either.

PhxRam

If we are going to continue to allow Bradford to get pummelled, you might as well bring in Martz.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
moklerman said:
I say go all the way and have a 2001 reunion. Lovie's proved he can be a consistent winner and Martz's offenses always put points on the board.

If I was the billionaire owner I'd give the HC job to Martz because I'd like to see him get a chance to do things his way but whether it was Lovie or Martz, I'd reunite those two and pray to god they put a team on the field that was more exciting than watching paint dry.

If the Rams can get a 1st or more for Bradford, then I say they have to strongly consider trading him. I don't know what to think of him at this point but if Martz wanted to work with him, I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him either.

That's why I gotta stop you.

There's a reason nobody has taken the bait on making Martz a HC since the Rams let him go.

He's a fucking genius at OC, but as a HC he's a fool. No thanks.

A55VA6

Legend
I'm down with it. I like your plan way more than this current situation.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
C'mon Jrry...

4 games into year 2 of an unprecedented rebuild, and you want to start all over again...

AGAIN?

Unprecedented? There's 8 years of precedence with this rebuild.

Yes, I am done. I see the writing on the ball. Fisher's way isn't working and Sam is broken beyond the Ram's ability to repair him. Someone else might salvage him because he has the arm, mobility and pocket presence. But his confidence is shot here...he just doesn't have the aggressiveness or field vision we need. He's not the solution here unless he really changes.

moklerman

Warner-phile
X said:
C'mon Jrry...

AGAIN?

I understand the need for perspective but do you see anything that suggests they just need more time? Bradford isn't getting any better, they aren't running the offense to his strengths, the defense is highly overrated and can't stop anyone, the special teams are pretty bad and the team in undisciplined.

Making the same mistakes and expecting different results.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I'm Hesitant to not give Fisher at least three years.

We'll see, but especially how bad the Rams were talent wise, I think two years is borderline unfair.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Everyone was willing to give their daughters to Fisher and Snead at the end of last year. Three losses to three very good teams mind you, and now it's sell! sell! sell! It's a bit silly guys. Is it coincidental that with the starting cast of o-linemen that Bradford threw for 650 yards and 5 TDs? Something to the tune of 65% completion?

This is the same team dealing with the loss of Saffold, boneheaded penalties and some inability to hang onto the ball. 1-3 and it ain't pretty, I won't deny that at all. But I anticipated growing pains, and I still anticipate this team finding its footing.

Lesson

Oh, really?
jrry32 said:
X said:
C'mon Jrry...

AGAIN?

Yes, I am done. I see the writing on the ball. Fisher's way isn't working and Sam is broken beyond the Ram's ability to repair him. Someone else might salvage him because he has the arm, mobility and pocket presence. But his confidence is shot here...he just doesn't have the aggressiveness or field vision we need. He's not the solution here unless he really changes.

IMO, the rebuild attempt didn't start until 2008. Even then, it was a semi-half assed one. 2009 was when the team was stripped from head to toe, then 2011 happened, and here we are today.

moklerman

Warner-phile
HometownBoy said:
moklerman said:

That's why I gotta stop you.

There's a reason nobody has taken the bait on making Martz a HC since the Rams let him go.

He's a freaking genius at OC, but as a HC he's a fool. No thanks.
Oh? I thought he was pretty good as a HC. I also think he was given too much power too soon and that led to personnel decisions that were poor but with Snead as the GM and Lovie as the assistant HC/DC, I could easily see Martz being successful.

I believe in his attitude about coaching. Make other teams stop what we're doing. We're going to do what we do best and you try to deal with. It's high risk, high reward but it also works and it's also entertaining. I am beyond tired of letting other teams dictate what the Rams are going to do. Keeping games close by design and being afraid to win has been the mantra at Rams Park since Martz left. Not only is it boring it's embarrassing.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
jrry32 said:
X said:
C'mon Jrry...

AGAIN?

4 games :roll:

The sky isn't falling. Fisher isn't Linehan or Spags. Step away from the keyboard.

Consider this a full-on intervention.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
X said:
C'mon Jrry...

AGAIN?

Disagree. The overhaul from 2011 to 2012 was massive. And now we've added even more youngsters to the offense and defense (which just changed). I get that you're upset, but I also know you're better than this. Your emotions are taking over. Let's look at the all-22 when it comes up and see if we can pinpoint some problems that we're broad-stroking right now.

Maybe coaching is the issue. Maybe Bradford is "ruined." But we can't know that this early into the season. If this trend continues, then the talk about different options will become more valid. Watching you throw in the towel like this is kinda disappointing to me. I respect you as one of the more critical thinkers, and these options you're throwing out don't reflect that at all.

Sorry.

A55VA6

Legend
Warner4Prez said:
Everyone was willing to give their daughters to Fisher and Snead at the end of last year. Three losses to three very good teams mind you, and now it's sell! sell! sell! It's a bit silly guys. Is it coincidental that with the starting cast of o-linemen that Bradford threw for 650 yards and 5 TDs? Something to the tune of 65% completion?

This is the same team dealing with the loss of Saffold, boneheaded penalties and some inability to hang onto the ball. 1-3 and it ain't pretty, I won't deny that at all. But I anticipated growing pains, and I still anticipate this team finding its footing.
These aren't growing pains. We would seriously lose to Alabama Crimson Tide, Oregon, and a few other college teams right now. This team is playing that bad. lol I just don't even know how to explain this team. I think the Jags could take us next week.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
jrry32 said:
X said:
C'mon Jrry...

AGAIN?

Disagree. The overhaul from 2011 to 2012 was massive. And now we've added even more youngsters to the offense and defense (which just changed). I get that you're upset, but I also know you're better than this. Your emotions are taking over. Let's look at the all-22 when it comes up and see if we can pinpoint some problems that we're broad-stroking right now.

Maybe coaching is the issue. Maybe Bradford is "ruined." But we can't know that this early into the season. If this trend continues, then the talk about different options will become more valid. Watching you throw in the towel like this is kinda disappointing to me. I respect you as one of the more critical thinkers, and these options you're throwing out don't reflect that at all.

Sorry.

I doubt All-22 is changing my mind on this one. Sam's accuracy was atrocious today. Was lucky he wasn't picked off 4 times. Funny thing is that the one int he threw was more Quick's fault than Bradford's.

But I can't take it anymore. Two games in a row...to see what showed up...imo, we're better than this.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Warner4Prez said:

My hopes for Fisher were as high as anyone else's but I really don't think he's geared for today's NFL. The hard-hitting, big attitude teams that he had in Tennessee can't really exist today. So, if the team can't be carried by a defense that brutalizes the opposition and keeps scores low, then what good is that approach?

I know we got to see Eddie George and the 2 yard rush offense reincarnated tonight but that crap doesn't work in the NFL now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
By the way, Jared Cook is seriously ticking me off. Yea, you're an amazing athlete but you can at least act like you give a shat about players that aren't designed to come your way. His blocking efforts are pathetic.

And I lost it on Schottenheimer on the play where he kept Cook into block. Really? Really? You're going to keep Cook into block on a 3rd down? Is it not freaking evident that he doesn't give a rat's behind about blocking?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
X said:
jrry32 said:
X said:
C'mon Jrry...

AGAIN?

Sorry.

I doubt All-22 is changing my mind on this one. Sam's accuracy was atrocious today. Was lucky he wasn't picked off 4 times. Funny thing is that the one int he threw was more Quick's fault than Bradford's.

But I can't take it anymore. Two games in a row...to see what showed up...imo, we're better than this.
I know we're better than this. This was about as shitty as it gets, and I share your frustrations.

But ...

:cry:

I can't stand to see ya like this, man!

:=:)

Regroup and give me something more like what you're capable of putting out there. I know you can find ways to explain how things aren't working and how they can get better without rallying for wholesale change 4 weeks into the season. I've seen you do it, and I'm looking forward to it again.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Warner4Prez said:

I love the Rams as much as you do and I want to see them succeed, but calling the 49ers a good team is a bit of a stretch.

They came in struggling, half our their team sitting on the bench, Colin Kaepernick having bad game after bad game, literally on their back heels in hostile waters.

Yet we weren't even able to look competitive. There's a lot more to this than just growing pains, we're just not getting out of the gates. We look unmotivated and sloppy.

Our team hasn't looked this bad in a while. We let a team down on it's luck completely route us. That's what's got people worried.

There's a difference between losing a hard fight and just rolling over and dying to a team that you shouldn't roll over and die for.