Jrry32's Plan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

moklerman

Warner-phile
jrry32 said:
moklerman said:
jrry32 said:
moklerman said:
As far as Jrry32's plan, I think it's fun but flawed. Minnesota's starting Matt Cassel this week and I don't think he'll be giving up the job. That team is so good that a caretaker QB is all they need, which is what Cassel is and what Ponder isn't even as good as.

Cassel is awful. That's why they'd make the deal. Bradford can manage the game and is MUCH more talented and dynamic than Cassel and Ponder.
I'm not in love with the guy or anything but he's proved he can play at a high level. He's been Alex Smith'd almost as much as Bradford though so I don't know that I'd discount him for what happened in KC. I don't expect ANY QB to be productive under Romeo Crennel. Cassel will be fine with Minnesota and at least good enough to keep them from spending heavy resources in a trade.

I don't like him. Don't think he's any good.

As far as Hue, the guy gets the most out of his personnel. Don't underestimate him. He's not Schotty.
Cassel off to a good start.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
moklerman said:
jrry32 said:
moklerman said:
jrry32 said:
moklerman said:
As far as Jrry32's plan, I think it's fun but flawed. Minnesota's starting Matt Cassel this week and I don't think he'll be giving up the job. That team is so good that a caretaker QB is all they need, which is what Cassel is and what Ponder isn't even as good as.

Cassel is awful. That's why they'd make the deal. Bradford can manage the game and is MUCH more talented and dynamic than Cassel and Ponder.
I'm not in love with the guy or anything but he's proved he can play at a high level. He's been Alex Smith'd almost as much as Bradford though so I don't know that I'd discount him for what happened in KC. I don't expect ANY QB to be productive under Romeo Crennel. Cassel will be fine with Minnesota and at least good enough to keep them from spending heavy resources in a trade.

As far as Hue, the guy gets the most out of his personnel. Don't underestimate him. He's not Schotty.

So was Sam.

He can thank Greg Jennings for that. Won't keep it up.

moklerman

Warner-phile
jrry32 said:
moklerman said:
jrry32 said:
moklerman said:
jrry32 said:
moklerman said:

So was Sam.

He can thank Greg Jennings for that. Won't keep it up.
Maybe not, but I don't think it's a coincidence that just putting a decent QB in their lineup netted them their highest point total, first win and Peterson's best game of the year.

Cassel didn't tear it up by any means but 64%, 9.9 ypa, 125 rating and no turnovers will keep the Vikings from even thinking about giving up high draft picks for a QB.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
moklerman said:
Maybe not, but I don't think it's a coincidence that just putting a decent QB in their lineup netted them their highest point total, first win and Peterson's best game of the year.

Cassel didn't tear it up by any means but 64%, 9.9 ypa, 125 rating and no turnovers will keep the Vikings from even thinking about giving up high draft picks for a QB.

He won't keep it up. But no, it's not a shocker. Just shows how bad Ponder is. Thing is that Cassel will show his true colors.

He's not going to get too many 70 yard TDs off 5 yard hitch routes like he did this week.

But I'm not stuck on the Vikings. Only used them as one possibility that might take the Alex Smith route that the Chiefs did.

But if they keep winning, it's definitely a plausible option.

moklerman

Warner-phile
jrry32 said:
moklerman said:

He won't keep it up. But no, it's not a shocker. Just shows how bad Ponder is. Thing is that Cassel will show his true colors.

He's not going to get too many 70 yard TDs off 5 yard hitch routes like he did this week.

But I'm not stuck on the Vikings. Only used them as one possibility that might take the Alex Smith route that the Chiefs did.

But if they keep winning, it's definitely a plausible option.
I don't think anyone's going to trade for Bradford with his contract anyway so all of this theoretical stuff is fun but moot.

I don't see any reason Cassel won't continue to play solid ball for the Vikings though. It's a dream situation for any starting caliber QB and I think he's at least that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
moklerman said:
I don't think anyone's going to trade for Bradford with his contract anyway so all of this theoretical stuff is fun but moot.

I don't see any reason Cassel won't continue to play solid ball for the Vikings though. It's a dream situation for any starting caliber QB and I think he's at least that.

Bradford's contract could be easily reworked especially with us eating his guaranteed money. His contract would make it more difficult...but not impossible.

As far as Cassel, I think he's a fringe starter at best. Don't expect much out of him. Better than Ponder but not by a lot.

But all he really has to do in Minnesota is avoid turnovers.

moklerman

Warner-phile
jrry32 said:
moklerman said:

Bradford's contract could be easily reworked especially with us eating his guaranteed money. His contract would make it more difficult...but not impossible.

As far as Cassel, I think he's a fringe starter at best. Don't expect much out of him. Better than Ponder but not by a lot.

But all he really has to do in Minnesota is avoid turnovers.
I agree. Don't you think with Frazier as the HC and the team being built around the running game and defense that they'd continue to commit their resources in those areas if they're getting anything decent from Cassel? Maybe he's only good for the types of numbers that he put up his first year starting in New England but with that running game and defense, that'd be gravy for the Vikings.

Cassel's had a rough couple of years but breaking his hand in 2011 probably affected his 2012 almost as much as Romeo Crennel being the coach. If Cassel's healed up, I think he'll be solid.

Reworking Bradford's deal is the only way for a trade to work and I guess he'd be open to it if the right opportunity came along.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
We are all very down right now, but I highly doubt the Rams are moving Sam until after next year if that.

Fisher isn't looking for a QB to win games for him, it's pretty obvious what his goal is. Play great defense, run the ball, and don't turn the ball over.

Well, Fisher has failed miserably on the first two and my guess is that replacing Sam is the last thing he is considering that needs to be done right now.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
max said:
We are all very down right now, but I highly doubt the Rams are moving Sam until after next year if that.

Fisher isn't looking for a QB to win games for him, it's pretty obvious what his goal is. Play great defense, run the ball, and don't turn the ball over.

Well, Fisher has failed miserably on the first two and my guess is that replacing Sam is the last thing he is considering that needs to be done right now.
Totally agree sadly though you can't discount a defensive minded coach feeling his D is under the gun because his QB is playing poorly.

We should get well on Jax stop the slide maybe Saffold miraculously comes back and remain injury free Long gets well Cook spends some time on the blocking sled Pead buys an alarm clock AND the restless fans get some rest

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Thordaddy said:
max said:

Totally agree sadly though you can't discount a defensive minded coach feeling his D is under the gun because his QB is playing poorly.

We should get well on Jax stop the slide maybe Saffold miraculously comes back and remain injury free Long gets well Cook spends some time on the blocking sled Pead buys an alarm clock AND the restless fans get some rest

It will have to be a total implosion for them to lose to the Jags.

The reality is that with 12 games left they will get the young guys more experience and they will get better. They aren't making the playoffs this year, that was a long shot to begin with.

Realistically, they will win anywhere from 4 to 7 games this year.

Next year they will add legit RBs, a quality FS, and more youth on the OL. And hopefully we will all be happy again.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't buy that Fisher just wants a game manager on offense, this past preseason says the complete opposite.