Jrry32's Plan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsNation

Rookie
Man the mood around here sure has changed,I believe in some of the things se of you are saying but to rip it all down and start all over this early,crazy.Im gonna step away for a couple weeks and I'll see you guys later this negativity and readiness to turn on this team is to much.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
RamsNation said:
Man the mood around here sure has changed,I believe in some of the things se of you are saying but to rip it all down and start all over this early,crazy.Im gonna step away for a couple weeks and I'll see you guys later this negativity and readiness to turn on this team is to much.

It is an internet forum. Don't take it too hard. This is probably the most level headed forum on the planet also. People are going to throw stuff like this out there when they get their nuts kicked off every week, year after year. Some of us take this shit too seriously, myself included. Personally, the "mood" of a message board doesn't upset me so much. What I hated at the PD was the thousands of duplicate.... Whiny ass, unmoderated threads. I wanted reasonable discussion with real fans, and the Dude abided. :cool:

Oh, and I am fully onboard with a Lovie-Martz reunion. Keep Fish as HC tho.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If anyone is curious about my more comprehensive "Jrry32 has officially lost his mind plan", here it is:
It's way too early to be doing this so take this all with a grain of salt but I am close to throwing in the towel on the year and figure that it's never too early to start looking ahead. :lol: :cry:

So get ready for some craziness:
Fire
HC Jeff Fisher
OC Brian Schottenheimer
DC Tim Walton

Hire
HC Lovie Smith
OC Hue Jackson
DC Rod Marinhelli

Cut
C Scott Wells
RG Harvey Dahl
CB Cortland Finnegan

Let Walk
RT Rodger Saffold
LG Chris Williams

Trade
Sam Bradford to the Vikings for a 2014 2nd and a 2015 conditional 3rd(becomes a 2nd if they win 10 or more games and a 1st if they go to the Super Bowl)
(If Hue Jackson really believed in Sam...I wouldn't make this trade but lets just assume he doesn't for the purposes of this mock...it's an Alex Smith to the Chiefs type trade with a team who, imo, won't be in position to get their QB of their choice but doesn't want to go forward with Ponder)

Free Agency
Henry Melton UT Bears
Major Wright FS Bears

I don't want to go crazy in FA even though we'd have the cash after cuts because we'll still be eating some dead money and I'd like to see how our players fit in the Jackson and Smith schemes before making some bigger moves in 2015. Instead, we sign Melton who is an elite player in Smith's Cover-2 but is affordable coming off a torn ACL and the Bears are unlikely to franchise him again. As well as Major Wright who has not been offered an extension yet and is also a very good fit in Lovie's Cover-2 scheme.

NFL Draft
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.draftnikcentral.com/dream-draft/view.cfm?id=106" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.draftnikcentral.com/dream-dr ... cfm?id=106</a>

As you can see, I don't feel very confident in the Rams 2013 season anymore. I really wanted to fix our OL to give our new QB a chance and I wanted to get a HB that can pick-up some yards. I had Washington ending up with the 11th pick and Minnesota with the 16th(Peterson and the defense put the team on their back again).

Here would be my projected starting line-up:
QB: Blake Bortles
HB: Lache Seastrunk
FB: J.C. Copeland
WR1: Chris Givens
WR2: Austin Pettis
WR3: Tavon Austin
TE1: Jared Cook
TE2: Lance Kendricks(if he'll re-sign at a reasonable price)
LT: Jake Long
LG: Cedric Ogbuehi
C: Barrett Jones
RG: Jon Halapio
RT: Jake Matthews

LDE: Chris Long
NT: Michael Brockers
UT: Henry Melton
RDE: Robert Quinn
WLB: Denicos Allen or Ray Ray Armstrong
MLB: James Laurinaitis
SLB: Alec Ogletree
CB1: Janoris Jenkins
CB2: Trumaine Johnson
CB3: Andre Hal or Brandon McGee
FS: Major Wright
SS: T.J. McDonald

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: John Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Andre Hal
PR: Tavon Austin

Yep...a very young offense but I am completely dissatisfied with the vets we have offensively and don't see a reason to keep them around just because they're vets.

Will likely have some bumps along the way but imo, Smith and Marinhelli will have that defense playing at a top 10 level which will make things a lot easier on the O. His defense tends to force a lot of turnovers.

Plus, while the OL will be young, they'll be EXTREMELY talent.

And you can't underestimate what a QB that can do this will do:
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWgzVFjVOxg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWgzVFjVOxg</a>

Ultimate pump fake! :ww:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's all very comprehensive, but you're still out of your mind. :lol:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
jrry32 said:
If anyone is curious about my more comprehensive "Jrry32 has officially lost his mind plan", here it is:
It's way too early to be doing this so take this all with a grain of salt but I am close to throwing in the towel on the year and figure that it's never too early to start looking ahead. :lol: :cry:

So get ready for some craziness:
Fire
HC Jeff Fisher
OC Brian Schottenheimer
DC Tim Walton

Hire
HC Lovie Smith
OC Hue Jackson
DC Rod Marinhelli

Cut
C Scott Wells
RG Harvey Dahl
CB Cortland Finnegan

Let Walk
RT Rodger Saffold
LG Chris Williams

Trade
Sam Bradford to the Vikings for a 2014 2nd and a 2015 conditional 3rd(becomes a 2nd if they win 10 or more games and a 1st if they go to the Super Bowl)
(If Hue Jackson really believed in Sam...I wouldn't make this trade but lets just assume he doesn't for the purposes of this mock...it's an Alex Smith to the Chiefs type trade with a team who, imo, won't be in position to get their QB of their choice but doesn't want to go forward with Ponder)

Free Agency
Henry Melton UT Bears
Major Wright FS Bears

I don't want to go crazy in FA even though we'd have the cash after cuts because we'll still be eating some dead money and I'd like to see how our players fit in the Jackson and Smith schemes before making some bigger moves in 2015. Instead, we sign Melton who is an elite player in Smith's Cover-2 but is affordable coming off a torn ACL and the Bears are unlikely to franchise him again. As well as Major Wright who has not been offered an extension yet and is also a very good fit in Lovie's Cover-2 scheme.

NFL Draft
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.draftnikcentral.com/dream-draft/view.cfm?id=106" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.draftnikcentral.com/dream-dr ... cfm?id=106</a>

As you can see, I don't feel very confident in the Rams 2013 season anymore. I really wanted to fix our OL to give our new QB a chance and I wanted to get a HB that can pick-up some yards. I had Washington ending up with the 11th pick and Minnesota with the 16th(Peterson and the defense put the team on their back again).

Here would be my projected starting line-up:
QB: Blake Bortles
HB: Lache Seastrunk
FB: J.C. Copeland
WR1: Chris Givens
WR2: Austin Pettis
WR3: Tavon Austin
TE1: Jared Cook
TE2: Lance Kendricks(if he'll re-sign at a reasonable price)
LT: Jake Long
LG: Cedric Ogbuehi
C: Barrett Jones
RG: Jon Halapio
RT: Jake Matthews

LDE: Chris Long
NT: Michael Brockers
UT: Henry Melton
RDE: Robert Quinn
WLB: Denicos Allen or Ray Ray Armstrong
MLB: James Laurinaitis
SLB: Alec Ogletree
CB1: Janoris Jenkins
CB2: Trumaine Johnson
CB3: Andre Hal or Brandon McGee
FS: Major Wright
SS: T.J. McDonald

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: John Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Andre Hal
PR: Tavon Austin

Yep...a very young offense but I am completely dissatisfied with the vets we have offensively and don't see a reason to keep them around just because they're vets.

Will likely have some bumps along the way but imo, Smith and Marinhelli will have that defense playing at a top 10 level which will make things a lot easier on the O. His defense tends to force a lot of turnovers.

Plus, while the OL will be young, they'll be EXTREMELY talent.

And you can't underestimate what a QB that can do this will do:
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWgzVFjVOxg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWgzVFjVOxg</a>

Ultimate pump fake! :ww:
Man, I'd still really like to keep Sam. I wonder if Martz would come back as a QB coach, and get Sam back to where he needs to be.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:

That I am. But Fisher has really lost me the last couple weeks and I just don't believe we can "fix" Sam.

Plus, I love me some Blake Bortles. He's going to be facing my Gamecocks today. :cheese:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
X said:

That I am. But Fisher has really lost me the last couple weeks and I just don't believe we can "fix" Sam.

Plus, I love me some Blake Bortles. He's going to be facing my Gamecocks today. :cheese:
If I have to say "Blake Bortles" more than once, I might go root for another team. :lol:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
jrry32 said:
X said:

If I have to say "Blake Bortles" more than once, I might go root for another team. :lol:

You won't be saying it...you'll be cheering it! The guy is seriously fun to watch and I am a real big believer in him. I've been told by some "experts" that I am overrating him by having him as a 1st rounder but I think in time, he'll prove me right.

And on the bright side, you'll also get to see his girlfriend at games:
Screen-Shot-2013-08-22-at-9.22.02-AM.png
Screen-Shot-2013-08-22-at-11.08.09-AM.png

:ww:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Unless she goes to the games in the same attire ... meh.

I'm with you on one thing, however. Bring in competition for Sam. He hasn't been challenged by anyone since he got here, so maybe he'll thrive on that. He's a pretty fierce competitor in a number of sports, and right now he has absolutely nobody breathing down his neck. Clemens? Yeah. Not so scary.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:

I'm with you on one thing, however. Bring in competition for Sam. He hasn't been challenged by anyone since he got here, so maybe he'll thrive on that. He's a pretty fierce competitor in a number of sports, and right now he has absolutely nobody breathing down his neck. Clemens? Yeah. Not so scary.

You kidding me? Clemens would scare me. Any time he was throwing, I'd never be able to avoid being afraid an errant pass will hit me in the head.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
X said:

You kidding me? Clemens would scare me. Any time he was throwing, I'd never be able to avoid being afraid an errant pass will hit me in the head.
Good thing you're not a sideline reporter then.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
jrry32 said:
X said:

That would either make me a very attractive woman or a former defensive tackle named Tony. I think I am safe...crossing my fingers though. :ww:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
jrry32 said:
X said:
jrry32 said:
X said:

That would either make me a very attractive woman or a former defensive tackle named Tony. I think I am safe...crossing my fingers though. :ww:

Tell that to Pam Oliver. She is neither.... AND took one in her horse face not too long ago. Boom!!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
First time responding to this (work has been crazy of late) and although I know the Rams won't fire Fisher I will play along.

1. Rod Marinelli will not be brought in because he's with the Cowboys right now and if the Rams must ask for permission the Cowboys would deny permission. Keep in mind jrry that even in a case of a promotion teams still have to get permission and there is no way Jerry Jones allows this.

2. Offensive Cooridnator in the years with the Bears Lovie hired many including the likes of Mike Martz & Mike Tice and it did not go well at all. Now would he get it right this time? Not sure with Snead assisting, maybe, but people in Chicago would say differently.

3. QB to bring in I agree I like Aaron Murray better than some, but Bradford needs to be challenged and drafting some of the guys you posted about would be a good move regardless of who's in charge.

4. I do like Lovie Smith and he would be a natural fit in St. Louis you might see him go with Ron Rivera as DC or Leslie Frazier if those Head Coaches don't turn their season around, but again I don't see Kroenke pulling the plug on Fisher unless Fisher takes a college job or resigns and the latter is not happening.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
den-the-coach said:
1. Rod Marinelli will not be brought in because he's with the Cowboys right now and if the Rams must ask for permission the Cowboys would deny permission. Keep in mind jrry that even in a case of a promotion teams still have to get permission and there is no way Jerry Jones allows this.

Marinhelli and Lovie are attached at the hip. IMO, he'd be end up as our DC.

moklerman

Warner-phile
X said:

Hasn't been challenged? Think about that for just a second.

I know it isn't what you mean, but having competition for the job isn't the solution. It isn't Bradford who isn't motivated or working hard enough. Eventually, he'll be ruined and the Rams will have to move on but I really don't see the problem being motivational.

As far as Jrry32's plan, I think it's fun but flawed. Minnesota's starting Matt Cassel this week and I don't think he'll be giving up the job. That team is so good that a caretaker QB is all they need, which is what Cassel is and what Ponder isn't even as good as.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
moklerman said:
As far as Jrry32's plan, I think it's fun but flawed. Minnesota's starting Matt Cassel this week and I don't think he'll be giving up the job. That team is so good that a caretaker QB is all they need, which is what Cassel is and what Ponder isn't even as good as.

Cassel is awful. That's why they'd make the deal. Bradford can manage the game and is MUCH more talented and dynamic than Cassel and Ponder.

moklerman

Warner-phile
jrry32 said:
den-the-coach said:

I'm not against Lovie but I'd still rather have Martz. The offense is tailored to what he does well and I'd rather have Martz as HC so the offense would be done his way. The bad part is that I doubt Lovie wants to be just a DC at this stage. He had some success as a HC but if he was brought in for that position, I'd have to guess that putting Martz at OC wouldn't work any better than it did when they reunited with the Bears. When Martz was HC and Lovie was DC it worked. The other way around, it didn't.

So, I want to see a HC that can make the pieces in place on offense work. The defense too obviously.

Hue Jackson for OC, though? If for no other reason, which I think there are many, he was one of Fisher's final two choices. I don't trust Fisher with any offensive decisions at this point so Jackson's not an option in this fantasy. What's your second choice? I mentioned Mularkey in another thread as a possible replacement in the real world trying to find a compromise for Fisher's desire to run and still building around a QB.

moklerman

Warner-phile
jrry32 said:
moklerman said:

Cassel is awful. That's why they'd make the deal. Bradford can manage the game and is MUCH more talented and dynamic than Cassel and Ponder.
I'm not in love with the guy or anything but he's proved he can play at a high level. He's been Alex Smith'd almost as much as Bradford though so I don't know that I'd discount him for what happened in KC. I don't expect ANY QB to be productive under Romeo Crennel. Cassel will be fine with Minnesota and at least good enough to keep them from spending heavy resources in a trade.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
moklerman said:
I'm not against Lovie but I'd still rather have Martz. The offense is tailored to what he does well and I'd rather have Martz as HC so the offense would be done his way. The bad part is that I doubt Lovie wants to be just a DC at this stage. He had some success as a HC but if he was brought in for that position, I'd have to guess that putting Martz at OC wouldn't work any better than it did when they reunited with the Bears. When Martz was HC and Lovie was DC it worked. The other way around, it didn't.

So, I want to see a HC that can make the pieces in place on offense work. The defense too obviously.

Hue Jackson for OC, though? If for no other reason, which I think there are many, he was one of Fisher's final two choices. I don't trust Fisher with any offensive decisions at this point so Jackson's not an option in this fantasy. What's your second choice? I mentioned Mularkey in another thread as a possible replacement in the real world trying to find a compromise for Fisher's desire to run and still building around a QB.[/quote]

No to Mularkey. Hell to the no.

As for Martz, I don't share your enthusiasm for him as a HC. I remember his terrible game/challenge management skills.

Martz and Lovie didn't work in Chicago because the Bears OL was a dumpster fire and they had no WRs.

But actually...it did work pretty well, the Bears were 11-5 in 2010 making it to the NFC Champ game and they were 7-3 in 2011 before Cutler got hurt and were averaging 27 PPG in 2011 with Cutler.

So I'm not opposed to Martz but I'd rather have Hue Jackson at this point and let Martz enjoy retirement.