Josh Norman is now a free agent

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
as if this offseason couldnt get crazier. id take the cheaper and younger Janoris over Norman so I for one hope the rams stay away

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
The rams still have 17 mil in cap space with only a few draft picks to sign now I'm sure if the rams wanted to they could make this happen.
I don't believe so ... We have too much invested in TJ already to put that kind of jack out on the same position. Now .... if he was willing to come down below $14 mil per and TJ was too ... then maybe so. But we can't pay both guys $14 mil + and then have all the guys to get deals done here shortly. at least not IMHO.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
No, guys. Norman is just going to be expensive. If we had the money to spend, then why not just pay Janoris?

Norman is simply better than Janoris.

I dunno that he's $4M per better... I dunno that Janoris is worth $12M per... pretty sure he isn't.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I don't believe so ... We have too much invested in TJ already to put that kind of jack out on the same position. Now .... if he was willing to come down below $14 mil per and TJ was too ... then maybe so. But we can't pay both guys $14 mil + and then have all the guys to get deals done here shortly. at least not IMHO.

Just because hes making 14 mil a year doesn't mean that is what his cap hit is. give him a big signing bonus this year since we got some money to burn.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Just because hes making 14 mil a year doesn't mean that is what his cap hit is. give him a big signing bonus this year since we got some money to burn.
We actually don't. The "useable" cap space we have is like just over $7 mil . We need around $6 mil to draft, then save around $3 mil for "incidentals" . Also .. .I still think they have other deals that are not yet on the books.

Now that all said ... I would love to see them get a guy like JN ... I just don't see it "doable".

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Did not see that coming. I assume they tried to trade him first. Gonna be expensive

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Oh and btw Norman is a fit for scheme. Rams will like him very much. Gotta think they throw an offer out there they think is appropriate and if it's the best one he gets he might take it who knows.

I'd guess the Rams might be willing to go to $12 million for him tbh, particularly considering they don't have a lot of picks. It would be a real nice pickup for the defense.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't know guys... you want Brockers and Ogletree on our 2017 roster? What about Tavon?

Any extra space we have now needs to be considered for down the road needs. We are in retain-our-own mode.

Josh Norman is a fool. He's not worth what he's asking. The guys on Sirius NFL radio were ripping him. More than Richard Sherman? More than Darrel Revis? More than Patrick Peterson? More than Aqib Talib?

Get out of here!

The Panthers are odds on favorite to make a run at the Superbowl again and this fool thinks he's worth QB money?

Good luck finding a better deal than the Panthers now that most teams have spent most of their cap.

Have fun in Jacksonville, ya dolt.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would offer just a bit more than Carolina did. Norman would be worth it. He is very young and a shutdown corner for years to come. In the pass happy league top Corners are invaluable. I didn't want the Rams to overpay for JJ because he is not in the same zipcode as Norman. I'd sign Norman even if it meant the Rams wont be able to extend Brockers because of it.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I'm a huge fan of Norman and DEF in general but I won't sign him to a "long-term" deal. The money we have is ear marked for our own studs in Donald, Brockers, Quinn & Gurley etc.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I would offer just a bit more than Carolina did. Norman would be worth it. He is very young and a shutdown corner for years to come. In the pass happy league top Corners are invaluable. I didn't want the Rams to overpay for JJ because he is not in the same zipcode as Norman. I'd sign Norman even if it meant the Rams wont be able to extend Brockers because of it.

He isn't THAT young. He's 28 and will be 29 before the end of next season. I don't think I would give him a contract for longer than 4 years, 5 at the most. I would love to have him on the Rams but I think he wants way too much money. He has had one great year and doesn't deserve the kind of money Revis and Peterson demand. $10 mil a year would be a reasonable price for him.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'm a huge fan of Norman and DEF in general but I won't sign him to a "long-term" deal. The money we have is ear marked for our own studs in Donald, Brockers, Quinn & Gurley etc.

Agreed man. Now go make your damn pick in the mock draft.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'd listen to the critiques that Norman is a zone CB and we run a TON of man which means he's not a great fit.

Which means, they'll probably have him in for a visit (he said only half sarcastically...)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was asking Carolina for 6 years $96 million. Yeah no thank you very much!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Smart move, Panthers. Most teams don't have a lot of cap room left. Good way to convince him to lower the price. Best move Norman could make now is to take a huge 1 year deal with a "no franchise tag" clause and then hit FA next summer. But if he gets a mega deal, he might as well take it.