Josh Norman is now a free agent

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Saw that. But he wanted $16M per. No one's going to pay that.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
No way, right?

Man, he must of messed up big.

Did he get in a fight with Cam again? Hit his truck at an intersection or something?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
The rams still have 17 mil in cap space with only a few draft picks to sign now I'm sure if the rams wanted to they could make this happen.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gotta be a big story behind all this. Wow.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CghDreWWsAE0Mjm.jpg

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Why couldnt a pro bowl WR suddenly shake loose like this??Would be awesome thou if we grabbed Norman! Suddenl we would have the best CB tandem in the league

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
There's got to be something more behind this then just money...
...isn't there?

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Id pay him the money we wouldn't pay to Janoris Jenkins - because he is actually worth it...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
There's got to be something more behind this then just money...
...isn't there?

Nope. Just the money. Panthers absolutely weren't going to set the new price at $2M above Revis when Josh Norman really only had one shutdown year and is 29. Revis got paid when he was 26, iirc and short of his injury year, has all, but dominated year in and out.

I can see putting him near the top, but not AT the top, let alone setting the new ceiling.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, guys. Norman is just going to be expensive. If we had the money to spend, then why not just pay Janoris?

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
With so few picks in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds, their plan must be to fill the gap in talent with FAs. Top tier FAs

I think he counts, this is where being the LA Rams helps, because suddenly we are a name on people's lips, with a huge market. His personal endorsements must factor in

I just wonder what with so much dead cap space, whether this happened one year too soon

Have we signed Hitner? If so, what did it cost?

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Saw that. But he wanted $16M per. No one's going to pay that.
16m is QB money. Ain't no one gonna pay a cornerback that much. $12/13m is ludicrous but I'd pay it with $17m in cap space. I doubt Demoff will feel the same way because he and Snead are looking at who to resign next season as well...

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Nope. Just the money. Panthers absolutely weren't going to set the new price at $2M above Revis when Josh Norman really only had one shutdown year and is 29. Revis got paid when he was 26, iirc and short of his injury year, has all, but dominated year in and out.

I can see putting him near the top, but not AT the top, let alone setting the new ceiling.
That's where I missed it; I didn't realize how much he was asking for. Thanks for the info.