Joe Thomas... Would you pull the trigger?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I still have my hopes up for A. Jeffrey.
A go to wr, that's already acclimated to the pros. No rookie learning curve. Loads of talent. I want him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No to both. I'd love to have Thomas, but can you imagine what the cost is going to be? It will be at least a first round pick, and I'm not sure I'm willing to deal a first round pick for a thirty-year-old left tackle, no matter who he is, especially at his cap-hit of ten million. Mack is way overrated and has a cap hit of eight million. Barnes has actually been doing a solid job for us, so why make a miniscule upgrade at center for a huge price?

TexasRam

Legend
Raise your hand if you are tired of the Oline play and the 2nd worst Offense in the league.

Raise your hand if you would like to bring in a durable 8 time pro bowl left tackle to replace the worst LT in the league.

Raise your hand if you would like to se what Gurley can do behind a real Oline.

Raise your hand if you have some balls and believe this team would kick some ass if we combined an offense to go with this defense.

Amen!!

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
If the price is right, absolutely. Thomas is a Hall of Famer for a reason and he isn't slowing down, he still has a few years left at the very least. Protecting Foles with an elite LT and getting Gurley a stud to run behind might be the deciding factor in a playoff push.

For anybody comparing Thomas to Long, don't. Jake Long had a very extensive injury history and wasn't as good. Thomas has not missed a snap.

I wouldn't want to spend too much on Thomas, but I would have no problem doing it if he didn't cost too much.

RamWoodie

Legend
I say no also. GRob is panning out and the OLine is solidifying. No need to upset the applecart (so to speak).

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I like Thomas and Mack (UNLV?), but I like the idea of our young core playing together and growing as a unit even more. I think the talent is there....

Memphis Ram

Legend
I say no. I've listened to Browns fans who say that Joe Thomas is overrated by the mainstream media. A couple Browns media members on a podcast I listened to after the game vs. the Rams pointed out that he's really just an above average pass protector now and only a solid run blocker at best. (That's probably the case or the Browns wouldn't even consider trading him now if the rumors are true). That doesn't sound like a fit here to me.

Besides, there is no way on earth the Browns will move him for anything less than a 1st round pick no matter what some may dream.

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
On that blocked fg the pressure came right from 73s vasinity. Couldn't tell if it was him or the guard but that's the 2nd blocked kick this year that came from his area
I think it came from outside Robinson not from inside that would be his responsibility on a field goal.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure that offensive line needs upgrades anymore. They are young...not necessarily bad. We need a guard probably, as I don't think Saffold returns.

I'd certainly think about any and all possibilities though...and there isn't a better tackle in the league than Joe Thomas.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I would not make that trade, stick with the youth movement and keep developing that chemistry.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Raise your hand if you are tired of the Oline play and the 2nd worst Offense in the league.

Raise your hand if you would like to bring in a durable 8 time pro bowl left tackle to replace the worst LT in the league.

Raise your hand if you would like to se what Gurley can do behind a real Oline.

Raise your hand if you have some balls and believe this team would kick some ass if we combined an offense to go with this defense.

Amen!!

Lower your hand if you don't want to trade a premium pick for an aging player with a large contract when this team has been built with youth to provide a sustainable contender.

Lower your hand if you don't think it's a good idea to move a guy that was the #2 pick not even two years ago from a position he's developing at when he's shown progression and has oodles of talent.

Lower your hand if you'd rather not make a decision at the end of this year whether to keep Thomas, who we traded a pick for, or an important defensive player like Barron or Jenkins or Tru.

Amen! :p

TexasRam

Legend
Jenkins Or Tru will be replaced by Gaines. Barron is scheme specific so we will get a friendly deal with him.

Robinson showing progression? Come on let's get real kids.

A premium pick is often Jason Smith or Greg Robinson. How's that look compared to Thomas?

We have Fisher in a show me year and this is the year these RG3 future picks start paying off. It isn't going anywhere if we want to wait out busted draft picks like Robinson.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/03/broncos-browns-fail-to-agree-on-joe-thomas-trade/

Broncos, Browns fail to agree on Joe Thomas trade
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 3, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptk0zjnhmte3nmrhndziyzdlztk5zdqwzwvkyje2zdhi-e1439303000303.jpeg
AP

The NFL trade deadline was a big, fat nothing.

Despite talk that the Broncos could make a trade for Browns All-Pro left tackle Joe Thomas, nothing happened.

According to multiple reports, the two teams discussed the possibility of a trade, and the Broncos were willing to part with their 2016 first-round pick. But the Browns wanted more than that, and the teams couldn’t agree on how much more would be a fair price. So no deal was done.

That means the Broncos, who have lost two left tackles to season-ending injuries this year, will continue to have a patchwork line in front of Peyton Manning. And the Browns will continue to have one of the best left tackles in the league. Maybe some day they’ll find a good quarterback for him to protect.

And so another NFL trade deadline has come and gone without any major news. Maybe some day we’ll get a big deadline trade that will change the course of the NFL playoff race. Or maybe we just need to accept that mid-season trades aren’t a major part of business in the NFL.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
More than a first round? I really like Thomas but that's too high.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
One of my really good friends is a diehard Bronco fans and as of 11am this morning, they asked for 2 first round picks.

TWO 1st round picks... The Broncos were obviously reluctant and totally willing to part with that low first in 2016. The Browns wanted a 1st and Shaq Barrett, who's very solid depth, which, again, the Broncos were very unwilling to deal.

So, it seems the Browns were willing to part with Thomas or Mack, but only at premium prices.

Apparently, the Browns want to have a lot of chances to draft poorly...

So, instead of getting something, the Browns will once again have wasted a valuable opportunity yet again.

WvuIN02

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea the Browns are dumb, wanted way too much. A second would have made way more sense.

lockdnram21

Legend
Jenkins Or Tru will be replaced by Gaines. Barron is scheme specific so we will get a friendly deal with him.

Robinson showing progression? Come on let's get real kids.

A premium pick is often Jason Smith or Greg Robinson. How's that look compared to Thomas?

We have Fisher in a show me year and this is the year these RG3 future picks start paying off. It isn't going anywhere if we want to wait out busted draft picks like Robinson.

First off Gaines can only replace Tru because neither are in the same league as Jenkins. They better pay that man. As far as Robinson has gotten better. Especially in the running game. Hes still inconsistent in pass game but getting better. No way u give up a 1st let alone a 1st and a 2nd (thats what they said on tv) for a 31year old. Especially when we might have another Lt in Battle developing.