Joe Noteboom Signs 3yr Extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
We are fairly poor about giving our own players bad deals. We've given our share of good deals too.
The only concern with him is health. If he can stay healthy he will ve fine, but he seems to get nicked up a bit for a young player.

Still the best option they had to fill that critical position considering age, cost, and upside.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
LTs get paid. His performance against TB made him big bucks.
For your LT, the money we’re paying is very good for the team. Only concern is can he stay healthy and play 17-20 games.

Ram65

Legend
Of course, the Rams wouldn't pay more than the market price. I stated before that Joe Noteboom has a quiet personality and would rather stay in the familiar organizations/surroundings.

Contracts always go higher for important positions/players. I thought they would keep him because he is very good at pass pro protecting Staffords' blindside.

Good deal for the Rams. Wait till we see the rest of the free-agent signings.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO, great move, Noteboom is an upper echelon LT in pass protection plus has been improving on his run blocking too, durability is the only issue here, but Alaric Jackson is in reserve and ready to be the backup LT moving forward...Glad the kept Boom...Great Job.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Well, it's $25M guaranteed over 3 yrs so who knows what the structure & the incentives are or how bonuses are structured. Last yr could be bloated and they could cut ties if he is not worth it, with a minimal cap hit.
I'm with you in hoping it's a good structured contract but mostly just saying Peter King and other media types can sometimes be full of it. Happy Notebook got paid but he definitely needs to work on his run game push since he's not a known mauler.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
All the talking heads were saying Noteboom wouldn’t fetch 10+ mill on the open market and we gave him a contract for roughly 13. I understand only 25 is guaranteed but this seems like a bit of an overpay for a guy who is largely unproven. We’ve seen flashes and I know the market is always thin for LT’s but..man..
I had not heard much from the "Talking Heads" on Noteboom's open-market-value but there was a thread discussion on this Forum, late in the season; and many of us were of the opinion that Noteboom would easily exceed $10M-per. Too many teams have $ to spend, and there are far too few quality young offensive linemen to go-around.

Just further proves the opinion of many on this Forum that the "Talking Heads" know less about the Rams than many of the fans on this Forum. It's not that we are smarter. God knows, most of us are kind of dopey. However, we spend literally 100-times-more on following the Rams than most of those "Talking Heads".

Personally, I enjoy them but don't take them too seriously.
Regardless of whether they are positive or negative about the Rams.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
IMO, great move, Noteboom is an upper echelon LT in pass protection plus has been improving on his run blocking too, durability is the only issue here, but Alaric Jackson is in reserve and ready to be the backup LT moving forward...Glad the kept Boom...Great Job.

Agree that his pass blocking skills are great but still want him to be more of a beast in the run game. The push from the online there is an are I'd love for us to improve. A more dominant run game would make our offense extremely difficult to defend.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I had not heard much from the "Talking Heads" on Noteboom's open-market-value but there was a thread discussion on this Forum, late in the season; and many of us were of the opinion that Noteboom would easily exceed $10M-per. Too many teams have $ to spend, and there are far too few quality young offensive linemen to go-around.

Just further proves the opinion of many on this Forum that the "Talking Heads" know less about the Rams than many of the fans on this Forum. It's not that we are smarter. God knows, most of us are kind of dopey. However, we spend literally 100-times-more on following the Rams than most of those "Talking Heads".

I enjoy them but don't take them seriously. Regardless of whether they are positive or negative about the Rams.
I'm not dopey.........maybe a bit smokey, stoney, buzzed, drunk, but dopey? All hell no. I don't get any where near any kinda white powder after seeing Rick James on Chappelle's show lol

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
His agents will have known EXACTLY what his value on the open market was.

Psycho_X

Legend
Health is the only concern I have but if he stays healthy this is a great deal. $13 mil/year for a starting LT and only $25 mil guaranteed? That means it'll be essentially a 2 year deal likely with an out or a need to restructure after year 2 I'm betting. So Boom gets to prove it and Rams have him tied up to sign him to a longer deal after they know he can hack it full time.

Sad that this is likely it for Big Whit though. All though, it would be a wonderful ace in the hole if he decides to stay in shape and in contact with Rams so if the need arises come playoff time he can pull a Weddle for us.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, it's $25M guaranteed over 3 yrs so who knows what the structure & the incentives are or how bonuses are structured. Last yr could be bloated and they could cut ties if he is not worth it, with a minimal cap hit.
I bit more than I expected but good for him. He’s put in the time and has improved from when he entered the league.
The only concern with him is health. If he can stay healthy he will ve fine, but he seems to get nicked up a bit for a young player.

Still the best option they had to fill that critical position considering age, cost, and upside.
My concern is how it will affect the run game. Joe is a definite step down from Whitworth when it comes to run blocking. But I doubt they felt there were many other options.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So much for Joirdan’s wait and see reporting. She felt that they’d let the market play out for Joe and not get into a bidding war.

Or maybe that is what they did. We don’t know what goes on before free agency. They could have gotten a feel for what his value was and tried to work a deal. Maybe Joe could have gotten more, but staying with his original team in LA and potentially starting in another Super Bowl was incentive.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I expected a 3 yr prove it deal and was not wrong for once. <$9M per year guaranteed per year with incentives that could push it to $13M+.

For those that are cheap, this is fair and not overpaying.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It seems like the nature of FA is "overpaying.' To keep and get other FA's, you normally have to increase the historical amounts paid to get what you want. Don't you think Snead/Demoff have a spread sheet with max payouts for each FA that they want, and where to restructure contracts to make room? I don't sweat the money, AT ALL. We pay them to know what they're doing and they have the big picture and we don't.

v3pzALU.gif

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It seems like the nature of FA is "overpaying.' To keep and get other FA's, you normally have to increase the historical amounts paid to get what you want. Don't you think Snead/Demoff have a spread sheet with max payouts for each FA that they want, and where to restructure contracts to make room? I don't sweat the money, AT ALL. We pay them to know what they're doing and they have the big picture and we don't.

v3pzALU.gif
Wow, once in a while those old Navy Guys find their sea legs.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
1647276859318.png

One down, several more to go. This was a solid re-sign, nice job Rams. Must admit though, I was hoping to hear about a Stafford extension first.