Joe Noteboom Signs 3yr Extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I would have to assume this assures us that Whit is retiring. We wouldn't be able to afford this deal otherwise. If Boom can stay healthy, I'm very confident he will fill in admirably for Big Whit. Was hoping he'd come a bit cheaper though.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Damn so Peter King is full of shit now right? Thought we weren't paying more than 12M per year lol......guess Whit is retiring now?

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Not sure I love the contract number but, that's how it goes and Rams don't have salary cap. I would expect lower Y1 number. I'm glad he's back!

Last edited:

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Too much money IMO. I doubt Noteboom would have fetched that on the open market for that term with his small sample size of play and propensity to get injured even when only playing on a part-time basis. You never know though! Offensive lineman always go at a premium.

I do quite like the player. It might prove to be good value in hindsight if Noteboom stays healthy and performs like a top-tier LT over the course of the deal. Time will tell. But again, I doubt the open market would have seen Noteboom do as well (could be wrong!), so it is hard to classify this as anything but a mediocre signing, IMO.

The front office has earned trust from Rams fans on the whole, without question. We've got the best brass in the business. But what is interesting is that overpaying their own player, and doing it arguably too early, is one area where they have not separated themselves from the pack for the better (Goff, Gurley, Austin, and arguably Ogletree and Cooks... maybe more I am forgetting). We will see if the Noteboom signing is another one we want back in a few years.

EDIT - This almost assuredly means Whitworth retires. Disappointing but expected and earned. Enjoy retirement, Big Whit!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Definitely good with him when he isn’t injured, a lot of time invested and he obviously can step right in. If it is a low cap hit first year and escalates in year 2 and 3 we should be good.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Too much money IMO. I doubt Noteboom would have fetched that on the open market for that term with his small sample size of play and propensity to get injured even when only playing on a part-time basis. You never know though! Offensive lineman always go at a premium.

I do quite like the player. It might prove to be good value in hindsight if Noteboom stays healthy and performs like a top-tier LT over the course of the deal. Time will tell. But again, I doubt the open market would have seen Noteboom do as well (could be wrong!), so it is hard to classify this as anything but a mediocre signing, IMO.

The front office has earned trust from Rams fans on the whole, without question. We've got the best brass in the business. But what is interesting is that overpaying their own player, and doing it arguably too early, is one area where they have not separated themselves from the pack for the better (Goff, Gurley, Austin, and arguably Ogletree and Cooks... maybe more I am forgetting).
We are fairly poor about giving our own players bad deals. We've given our share of good deals too.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think the contract is too much for a starting left tackle. And the Rams can get out of it in 2 years. Seems to me like a good deal for both sides. Unfortunately, I guess Big Whit is done.

TXRams86

The Infamous
All the talking heads were saying Noteboom wouldn’t fetch 10+ mill on the open market and we gave him a contract for roughly 13. I understand only 25 is guaranteed but this seems like a bit of an overpay for a guy who is largely unproven. We’ve seen flashes and I know the market is always thin for LT’s but..man..

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Damn so Peter King is full of shit now right? Thought we weren't paying more than 12M per year lol......guess Whit is retiring now?
Well, it's $25M guaranteed over 3 yrs so who knows what the structure & the incentives are or how bonuses are structured. Last yr could be bloated and they could cut ties if he is not worth it, with a minimal cap hit.