Jeff Gordon's vagina is still sandy.....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Looks like he is just copy/pasting other hacks for the most part. "Experts" indeed.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...cle_550f555f-1341-566e-af11-de6491089de5.html

Tipsheet: Fear not, the Rams remain horrendous

Los Angeles Rams quarterback Jared Goff is sacked by Arizona Cardinals outside linebacker Markus Golden, left, and defensive end Calais Campbell during the first half of an NFL football game Sunday, Jan. 1, 2017, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

If you are concerned that the Los Angeles Rams will suddenly rise up and make you regret their departure from the STL, we have some good news for you:

Experts believe the Rams will be terrible again this season.

It takes a lot to lose year after year in the parity-driven NFL, but the Rams meet that challenge thanks to the debilitating effect of Kroenkeitis.

From the owner on down, no NFL franchise is consistently mismanaged as much as this one.

A Pro Football Focus study ranked the Rams as the 31st-most talented team, ahead of only the New York Jets, for ESPN.com:

Biggest strength: Aaron Donald just earned the top spot on PFF's Top 50 as the best player in the league heading into the season. He had 82 total pressures last season, by far the most of any interior defender.

Biggest weakness: The right side of the offensive line still looks weak, with no clear answer at right tackle.Jamon Brown played only 395 snaps in 2016, but still surrendered four sacks when lined up at guard. His prospects at tackle do not seem bright.

By the numbers: The Rams' season hinges on the development of second-year quarterback Jared Goff. He had a passer rating of just 37.4 under pressure last season, and he completed only 40.2 percent of such passes. His 39.4 PFF grade ranked 33rd out of 34 qualifiers.

ESPN.com Insiders also ranked NFL teams on their potential for the next three seasons -- and the Rams came in 28th:

Why they're here: I find it a bit hasty of people to write off Jared Goff 's NFL outlook following just seven starts, but his rookie season was certainly a little bumpy. Beyond being the No. 1 pick in the draft, Los Angeles mortgaged significant draft capital to acquire Goff. The positive? He's in good hands now with a revamped coaching staff led by offensive whiz Sean McVay. -- Field Yates.

Biggest worry: McVay and QB coach Matt LaFleur must determine if Goff's nightmare rookie season was just a part of the inevitable maturation process, or if he is destined to be an underachiever. I am a firm believer in a quarterback's success/failure being largely determined by how he is coached and how the team is built around him. The Rams will find out soon enough how well they have done at selecting a coach and building a team. -- Louis Riddick.

What could change for the better: The No. 25 ranking in QB outlook is 100 percent understandable and arguably could be optimistic based on the shaky first impression Goff made while posting an 0-7 starting record last season. However, there is also agreement in the league that McVay will dramatically upgrade the offensive scheming, which could realistically improve the long-term QB outlook -- whether or not Goff is part of the picture. (A McVay reunion with Kirk Cousins is another possibility down the line.) -- Mike Sando.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Looks like he is just copy/pasting other hacks for the most part. "Experts" indeed.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...cle_550f555f-1341-566e-af11-de6491089de5.html

Tipsheet: Fear not, the Rams remain horrendous

Los Angeles Rams quarterback Jared Goff is sacked by Arizona Cardinals outside linebacker Markus Golden, left, and defensive end Calais Campbell during the first half of an NFL football game Sunday, Jan. 1, 2017, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

If you are concerned that the Los Angeles Rams will suddenly rise up and make you regret their departure from the STL, we have some good news for you:

Experts believe the Rams will be terrible again this season.

It takes a lot to lose year after year in the parity-driven NFL, but the Rams meet that challenge thanks to the debilitating effect of Kroenkeitis.

From the owner on down, no NFL franchise is consistently mismanaged as much as this one.

A Pro Football Focus study ranked the Rams as the 31st-most talented team, ahead of only the New York Jets, for ESPN.com:

Biggest strength: Aaron Donald just earned the top spot on PFF's Top 50 as the best player in the league heading into the season. He had 82 total pressures last season, by far the most of any interior defender.

Biggest weakness: The right side of the offensive line still looks weak, with no clear answer at right tackle.Jamon Brown played only 395 snaps in 2016, but still surrendered four sacks when lined up at guard. His prospects at tackle do not seem bright.

By the numbers: The Rams' season hinges on the development of second-year quarterback Jared Goff. He had a passer rating of just 37.4 under pressure last season, and he completed only 40.2 percent of such passes. His 39.4 PFF grade ranked 33rd out of 34 qualifiers.

ESPN.com Insiders also ranked NFL teams on their potential for the next three seasons -- and the Rams came in 28th:

Why they're here: I find it a bit hasty of people to write off Jared Goff 's NFL outlook following just seven starts, but his rookie season was certainly a little bumpy. Beyond being the No. 1 pick in the draft, Los Angeles mortgaged significant draft capital to acquire Goff. The positive? He's in good hands now with a revamped coaching staff led by offensive whiz Sean McVay. -- Field Yates.

Biggest worry: McVay and QB coach Matt LaFleur must determine if Goff's nightmare rookie season was just a part of the inevitable maturation process, or if he is destined to be an underachiever. I am a firm believer in a quarterback's success/failure being largely determined by how he is coached and how the team is built around him. The Rams will find out soon enough how well they have done at selecting a coach and building a team. -- Louis Riddick.

What could change for the better: The No. 25 ranking in QB outlook is 100 percent understandable and arguably could be optimistic based on the shaky first impression Goff made while posting an 0-7 starting record last season. However, there is also agreement in the league that McVay will dramatically upgrade the offensive scheming, which could realistically improve the long-term QB outlook -- whether or not Goff is part of the picture. (A McVay reunion with Kirk Cousins is another possibility down the line.) -- Mike Sando.
Your thread title alone deserves a million likes!

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Garbage article.
Consider the source -- all those years the Rams were in STL you'd think that as a sportswriter, Gordo would've felt a professional obligation to actually LEARN the game of football.

Then again, why bother exerting that effort when you can get paid just to crank out "[insert player/coach/owner here] sucks and/or blows".

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Consider the source -- all those years the Rams were in STL you'd think that as a sportswriter, Gordo would've felt a professional obligation to actually LEARN the game of football.

Then again, why bother exerting that effort when you can get paid just to crank out "[insert player/coach/owner here] sucks and/or blows".

The only thing that could have made this piece more horrendous would have been a co-"writer" of Bernie the Bitch...

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Well, most of St. Louis hates the Rams - or at the very least hates Stan Kroenke and wants his business endeavors to fail. This shouldn't be a surprise that the local St. Louis newspaper is playing to those emotions.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
THIS^ is just a refreshing Article! ... IT refreshes my Hate for "Post Dispatch Writers!!!"

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, most of St. Louis hates the Rams - or at the very least hates Stan Kroenke and wants his business endeavors to fail. This shouldn't be a surprise that the local St. Louis newspaper is playing to those emotions.
Reasonable... what would you expect from Gordo at this point?

Fact is... none of us know how that offense will turn out. Goff... the coaching... the line... Gurley... all of it.

But I'm 95% certain of this: It can't be any worse than the Fisher-led offenses.

Just wouldn't take a hell of a lot to get them to respectable.

Do that and I'm confident in Phillip's ability to actually improve that defense and the Rams just might surprise some folks (including Gordo).

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Reasonable... what would you expect from Gordo at this point?

Fact is... none of us know how that offense will turn out. Goff... the coaching... the line... Gurley... all of it.

But I'm 95% certain of this: It can't be any worse than the Fisher-led offenses.

Just wouldn't take a hell of a lot to get them to respectable.

Do that and I'm confident in Phillip's ability to actually improve that defense and the Rams just might surprise some folks (including Gordo).
I do think the quotes he pulled from other sources pretty much nail it - Goff was awful, but to write him off based on half a rookie season with no offensive thought processes anywhere on the team would be foolish. There's no reason to expect the Rams to suddenly be a 10-win team in 2017, but the extent of the talent on the roster is still absolutely unknown... they're completely un-projectable until they hit the field at least a few times.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Like the state...we gotta show them....

14 years....we deserve all the criticism....I used to laugh at cubs fans...niner fans...raider fans...hell, I give it to chargers fans too....I ALWAYS RAG ON CLIPPERS FANS.

Until we at least get to the playoffs...we deserve every thing we get.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

Yeah, just a writer saying things people want to hear. People who blame Stan for the past 13 years conveniently forget he's only been owner for half of that time. And he bought a team that had a mess of a roster due to previous bad decisions.

I do know he has not turned it around so far, so he does deserve criticism for the past few years. Not for lack of trying though. As bad was they were under Fisher I think almost everyone would agree it looked like a good decision to hire him at the time. We just didn't know Fisher's methods no longer work in today's NFL.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Jeff Gordon on his best day is a poor sports writer AND a piss poor representative of his profession.

I've never understood why he's remained employed by the Post-Dispatch, tbh.

His calling is as a political writer. A hyper biased one, at that.

Ram65

Legend

What about Cleveland?

So Jeff is writing to his audience. Don't know how much the PD is keeping up with the Rams but, I guess not much. The people that want to still follow the Rams aren't going to the PD website or newspaper. Lot's of changes this off season for the better. We will have to wait and see how much better. The only purpose of the article is to bash the Rams.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gordon's makin a pearl. :p

Seriously though, imagine how bad it's going to be for him if McVay is as good as we hope. I pray Goff lights this damn league on fire this season so we can sit back and enjoy these @$$ clowns in the media trying to spin why they were so wrong. Truth is most of them don't know much more than the average fan, but they throw out these moronic judgments for website hits and reaction and never get called on it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I am a firm believer in a quarterback's success/failure being largely determined by how he is coached and how the team is built around him. -- Louis Riddick.

Truth. Coaching is absolutely enormous for a young QB who has not established himself in this league. You have to have an OC & QB Coach who can teach a young guy and adjust things to his strengths to get him through with optimum results in the early going.

McVay is why I am so damn pumped for this team now. We've been a dumb offensive team for so long now, it's going to be really strange to see an offense that makes adjustments and strategically dictates to defenses. Can't wait.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Truth. Coaching is absolutely enormous for a young QB who has not established himself in this league. You have to have an OC & QB Coach who can teach a young guy and adjust things to his strengths to get him through with optimum results in the early going.

McVay is why I am so damn pumped for this team now. We've been a dumb offensive team for so long now, it's going to be really strange to see an offense that makes adjustments and strategically dictates to defenses. Can't wait.
Realistically the best-case is McVay sticks around with moderate improvements year-over-year and he and Goff come together to make an integrated offensive system together. First year in a new system usually has bumps... Bradford going through OCs like toilet paper sheets was a big part of why he didn't succeed (that and the cherry bombs implanted in his knee going off at inopportune times).

IF Goff is to reach his potential and IF McVay is going to be a successful head coach, ownership and fans will need to be patient, as repetition and players' familiarity with the system are the two most important elements to making an offense work.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Realistically the best-case is McVay sticks around with moderate improvements year-over-year and he and Goff come together to make an integrated offensive system together. First year in a new system usually has bumps... Bradford going through OCs like toilet paper sheets was a big part of why he didn't succeed (that and the cherry bombs implanted in his knee going off at inopportune times).

IF Goff is to reach his potential and IF McVay is going to be a successful head coach, ownership and fans will need to be patient, as repetition and players' familiarity with the system are the two most important elements to making an offense work.
No. The realistic best case, is when DCH looks at Goff this year and says, "Brady who?":rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.